GWT: Europa League - Group Stages

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
why are aek athen fans allowed to use green laser on refs and ajax players? even on their eyes.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I haven't caught Brighton since he joined, how do you guys feel about him so far?
Loving him! Gives the attack another creative, speedy winger to join Mitoma. Add Pedro into the mix and we have a dynamic front three that gives even the best defences something to think about.

Reactions: maclean

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I don’t know where he fits, but he’s very talented. He has octopus legs like Matip but carries the ball very well.
In the midfield. He fits in the midfield

It was obvious. You don't play for Ajax as 18 years old or Bayern Munich at 20 years old if you are not talented. Huge coup by LFC.
He’s been much better than I expected. Hasn’t stopped smiling either.

Today has been Endo best game so far too

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
French teams are all leading their CL/EL/CFL groups except Toulouse and Lens who are either 2nd or tied for 2nd.
Now comes the mental part where they usually suck.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I don't know why you guys are surprised by Gravenberch. He's still raw, but there's a reason Bayern was ready to sell Goretzka and keep polishing the kid instead, had that ManU bid for LeGo come in.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
So the BuLi got 6 wins out of 7 European matches on this game day after Freiburg turned their match around to win 3-1 and Leverkusen ran out to a 5-1 win. With 6 of 7 BuLi teams currently in position to qualify from their groups.

...at least it's still possible for us if we can come back from Napoli with a win, and we're just 1 win behind Braga for the EL spot...

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I don't know why you guys are surprised by Gravenberch. He's still raw, but there's a reason Bayern was ready to sell Goretzka and keep polishing the kid instead, had that ManU bid for LeGo come in.
I mean maybe? I’m not surprised in that sense. I just thought that even with some up front issues, they wouldn’t basically give away a dude who could be a world beater.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Brighton get their first ever win in European competition.

Ajax not looking inspiring....

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I mean maybe? I’m not surprised in that sense. I just thought that even with some up front issues, they wouldn’t basically give away a dude who could be a world beater.

They got stupid chasing Kane when they should've focused on Tchoumeni. Had they done that they'd have been loaded with Tchou, Kimmich, Musiala, Goretzka/Gravenberch, Laimer, and Müller covering the midfield trio.

Leaving Sane / Coman / Gnabry / Tel / ECMC for the front 3, and de Ligt / Upamecano / Kim / Buchmann / Davies / Raphael / Mazraoui for the back 4...and without wasting so much time on Kane they might've got that Pavard-replacement that they couldn't get in before the deadline.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad