GWT: Europa League - 2022/23 Group Stages

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
So apparently Sheraldo "better than Nkunku" Becker scored the winner against Malmo despite us being down to 10 men; before getting subbed out for Thorsby 26 minutes into stoppage time...

Looks like I missed some s*** :laugh:

Last edited:

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Arsenal looking very dominant and probably should be up by more than 2. Nketiah continues to be phenomenal in cup competitions.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Looks like Arsenal is prepping Odegaard, Saka, and Jesus for an appearance. Not sure why we're putting him on but oh well. I hope Nelson and one or both of Cirjan and Smith get a chance to come on. Guess it can't be all 3. Interesting decision by Arteta. I don't mind Saka coming on with the chance to score a goal and get going (although it should be said that Saka has a bunch of assists even as he hasn't been looking phenomenal)

Good save there by Turner. Arsenal not nearly as dominant in the second half as they were in the first

Reactions: Rob

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Looks like Arsenal is prepping Odegaard, Saka, and Jesus for an appearance. Not sure why we're putting him on but oh well. I hope Nelson and one or both of Cirjan and Smith get a chance to come on. Guess it can't be all 3. Interesting decision by Arteta. I don't mind Saka coming on with the chance to score a goal and get going (although it should be said that Saka has a bunch of assists even as he hasn't been looking phenomenal)

Good save there by Turner. Arsenal not nearly as dominant in the second half as they were in the first
I guess I can also understand Jesus if you're wanting to see what it looks like for him to play on the left and Nketiah up top. But I don't really see the need for Odegaard to come on and would much rather give Cirjan or Smith some minutes

Rob

Feb 27, 2002
New Brunswick
Visit site
I guess I can also understand Jesus if you're wanting to see what it looks like for him to play on the left and Nketiah up top. But I don't really see the need for Odegaard to come on and would much rather give Cirjan or Smith some minutes
Agreed. I would rather have him well rested for Sunday.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
And now White instead of Cedric. I guess they want to see him on the left? I would personally rather put Nelson on and left Saka play LB.

Oh well, as long as we win today, no one gets hurt, and we look good Sunday, all is well.

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
Union SG with 2 very late goals to win at Braga, they're now 3-0 in the group with two home games left. Looking really good for them.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
hahaha Ronaldo shrugged in disbelief about 15 times in that omonia match.

Rob

Feb 27, 2002
New Brunswick
Visit site
Arsenal playing at Bodo which is technically in the arctic circle. 🥶

Looks like Jesus won’t be available. I would prefer they start as many bench players as possible.

Brunkmeister

Sep 4, 2021
Arsenal playing at Bodo which is technically in the arctic circle. 🥶

Looks like Jesus won’t be available. I would prefer they start as many bench players as possible.

It’s pretty normal weather at this point though. If the game were to be played one month from now it certainly would have been a lot worse. Got bit of lucky there.

Expect the team to look similar to the previous game against them. Would like Saliba in there since i fear they will be more threatening in the final third on their homeground.

Rob

Feb 27, 2002
New Brunswick
Visit site
It’s pretty normal weather at this point though. If the game were to be played one month from now it certainly would have been a lot worse. Got bit of lucky there.

Expect the team to look similar to the previous game against them. Would like Saliba in there since i fear they will be more threatening in the final third on their homeground.
Well due to the high number of games they have in the next four weeks I hope they test as many as possible

Brunkmeister

Sep 4, 2021
Well due to the high number of games they have in the next four weeks I hope they test as many as possible

Both Odegaard and Vieira at the same time. Looks like a pretty offensive side from what i can tell.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
We don't look great but we're up 1-0 in a fairly tough road game. Not sure if it's the turf, the cold, the match congestion or just a bad day, but our touches look off.

But beyond that, our defense just doesn't look cohesive. I think we're missing having a second left footed CB to partner with Holding. Not that I love Mari, but I wouldn't have minded keeping him around as cover.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Not pretty, but a win is a win at this point. Win the next one and we're basically through. Could be guaranteed if PSV doesn't win this afternoon

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Rennes is through and Nantes is basically out.
Nantes lost and didn't replace Kolo Muani and clearly they have no business playing the EL this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad