GWT: Europa League - 2022/23 Group Stages

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I'm looking for guidance on whether I'm allowed to disagree with this or not..

And condescenders?
This comes down to a lack of police, first responders, and security due to the funeral and other events with the Queen.

It's the safer decision given the circumstances.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Makes sense. We've all seen what happens when you don't have enough security at an event in London...
Not sure if I'm more surprised by the postponement or the fact that football games require such a 'security' presence.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Any large event requires a large police presence. Most of it isn’t for arresting rowdy people, but rather for basic crowd control and movement.
Still though... I mean... can't people go to an event without being herded?
Just.... ah forget it.

Have you seen what happens when you allow english fans to wander about unsupervised? :sarcasm:
Unfortunately =]

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Well... where do third place finishers of champions group stages get knocked out into?

Tough to see the rangers getting schlacked in their group.... if they can't beat Liverpool next match they are toast.... crunchy burnt stinky toast.

Just curious if third goes to Europa League.... or anywhere else?

Has the history of humanity given you any evidence that this is possible?
dang notifications dont always alert me when someone quotes me... just saw this now...

No.
=P
But... it's a nice dream.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Honestly at this point Ronaldo should be cut. Dude is not good. Gives the ball away every chance he gets.
He's well behind the other team on fitness and form. His off-season training was delayed by that family emergency which might be his wife having post-maternal depression with one of their babies dying. I think ETH said he's 4-5 weeks behind the other players.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
He's well behind the other team on fitness and form. His off-season training was delayed by that family emergency which might be his wife having post-maternal depression with one of their babies dying. I think ETH said he's 4-5 weeks behind the other players.
That really shouldn’t matter as much as you’re claiming it does. Ronaldo has been a negative whenever he starts. He was good for those few games off the bench but every time he’s gotten the ball today, it’s basically been a negative pass or a turnover.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
So is United playing well or is it just a clear case of having more talent than the other team?
Both. The game started pretty even but since has been pretty one sided. Possession is 65/35 but Sheriff have 7 shots (0 on target though). It’s just a weird game where Sheriff look PUMPED

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad