Europa League 2017/2018

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
This is ref is a joke. Trying to make it all about himself. Not even trying to hide it. Refs like that shouldn't be on televised games.

VEGASKING

Dec 23, 2002
Sin City
www.facebook.com
I'd honestly prefer this game was in spanish on ESPN Deportes than listen to Alexi Lalas all match.

I tried that first not remembering which station the EL was on but ESPN charges to watch stuff now. Was delighted to hear the PBP was not some terrible American like you usually get on Fox and thought the EL might be spared a Holden or Lalas as the color guy but alas after a few minutes I found out there is no such luck.

They finally showed the replays. Hard to argue against either of those challenges being worthy of a yellow card. Now Arsenal needs to take advantage of some of these chances and actually give themselves an actual chance to win this tie.

Reactions: KJS14

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
And don't worry. If Diego Costa plays the 2nd leg we're bound to see an Arsenal player sent off due to his antics. It happens every time.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
I think there's been two that should have been yellows based on the standard.

That's why the sending off is so bad. If that's how you're gonna call it, you have to call it that way. You can't send a guy off and then relax the standard.

Yep. None of them should have been yellow but changing what makes a yellow card makes it feel like the ref was trying to make the game about him.

Rocko604

Sports will break your heart.
Apr 29, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Did you miss Lacazette in the penalty box and Monreal faking being hit in the face when his arm got brushed?

You mean like Griezmann? Oh look, he's down again, LOL

Doesn't really matter though. Wenger's showing that he can be out-managed even with a man advantage and Simeone banned from the touch line.

Reactions: Pouchkine

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Yep. None of them should have been yellow but changing what makes a yellow card makes it feel like the ref was trying to make the game about him.
I guess you dont know anything about the rules then either. Welcome aboard.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY

Yea, I said that as soon as I saw his reaction to an Atletico player coming up to him after the sending off. It was the turn and glare like he's challenging the player to do something.

A good ref doesn't try to escalate the situation, this ref clearly seemed like he was doing that.

Reactions: Pouchkine

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
Mustafi probably should have been booked (based on the Vrsaljko yellows), but who else?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad