Europa League 2017/2018

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
Yea, I said that as soon as I saw his reaction to an Atletico player coming up to him after the sending off. It was the turn and glare like he's challenging the player to do something.

A good ref doesn't try to escalate the situation, this ref clearly seemed like he was doing that.
Now that I would agree and after the two correct yellow he has had a bizarre time.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
For what lol? The challenge where he beat Correa to the ball by a country mile??

Laca could have been booked for simulation. Forgot that.
It was a dangerous play. With as high as his leg was. It was an ugly tackle, and yellow by the standards that the ref set

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
It was a dangerous play. With as high as his leg was. It was an ugly tackle, and yellow by the standards that the ref set

I couldn't disagree more. The Atletico player had a dangerous high leg play and there was no yellow. Ramsey completely beat Correa to the ball and was sliding with his leg out.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I couldn't disagree more. The Atletico player had a dangerous high leg play and there was no yellow. Ramsey completely beat Correa to the ball and was sliding with his leg out.
It's definitely a foul.

2nd yellow is 50/50 by the letter of law it's probably a sending off but in context you'd think the ref would have some discretion.

Atleti will go through. I don't see how Arsenal are playing though 180 minutes they come out with a result. They're playing against 10 and still giving glorious chances.

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
Also, what did Simeone get sent off for. All I saw was him yelling from the sideline but didn't see him come on the pitch at all.

Not sure what he might have said, but I've seen Wenger sent to the stands for merely kicking a water bottle. Probably not completely deserved again.

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
What always makes me laugh in those situations, is why nobody is talking about the clueless plays by Vrsaljko?

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Let's talk about the handball goal by Marseille vs Salzburg. Very close to call as it's close to the body and head so not sure it would change anything. I just want to see an underdog win one of these cups so I'm going for Salzburg and they will need all the help they can get.

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
Marseille are an underdog if you talk about winning it. No French team has ever won the Uefa-Europa.

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
Atletico is more interested in wasting time and diving than trying to score on an Arsenal team that they very well could beat despite having 10 men.

They look like they'd rather draw a yellow than score a goal.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Noticed it's Turpin who's reffing Arsenal/Atletico.

Yeah the guy is moody. Can be excellent or terrible. Seems that's a bad day for him.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
OM/Salzburg ref is also very bad.
Sarr just jumped and headed a ball while a Salzburg played tried to chop his head off with his foot (almost touched Sarr's head really).
He called foul on Sarr and actually booked him because the Salzburg player jumped to the ground showing his hurt foot... :shakehead
If Sarr had fainted being hit, the other guy could have been red carded in fact.

The only goal had Thauvin's head touching the ball, but to be fair, I never noticed it live, and needed 2 replays to be sure.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $365.00