15:05
Waregem
-
Nice

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany

Bunch of guys I know made the trip, they'll put a proper atmosphere into the Emirates tonight, even if Cologne ends up getting battered, which I hope they won't. Should be fun to see the energy.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
I know he thinks he exaggerates when he says 70%, but looks closer to 90% to me.

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
According to Bild 10,000 Köln fans are in London. Not bad if true. When did Köln play internationally the last time? 20 or 25 years ago?

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Skenderbeu with the lead in Kiev at HT

Everton getting hammered in Italy while Milan finished the game in Vienna after about 20 minutes.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Everton fans were delusional to think they'd improve after losing their one legit top player. They spent a lot of money on mediocre players.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
To be fair Everton did draw the team that beat Liverpool 5-0 the week after Liverpool beat Arsenal 4-0.

About as good a measure of their chances of finishing ahead of Arsenal as this result is. Also did anyone actually predict Everton to finish over Arsenal (genuinely can't remember)?

EDIT: Oh wait, I did :)

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Everton fans were delusional to think they'd improve after losing their one legit top player. They spent a lot of money on mediocre players.

Yup. They didn't get a single player that was over their level, and they are very slow. They are going to have to rely on Rooney.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Hardly surprising the Arsenal game is delayed. Koln fans trying to get in when they don't have tickets

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Whoa!

Saw the Everton score and assumed they tanked the game with a super young/B squad but nope. There were some young guys but that was fairly close to their regular starting line-up.

I thought they had made a few good additions and might be able to challenge Arsenal or Liverpool but it looks like they will be 7th again mainly based on the weakness of the other teams.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
I knew as soon as I saw that video of the Koln fans marching that this would happen. Bunch of idiots that decide to use football as an excuse to chant and get drunk and be part of a tribe. This is what happens especially with European countries that have lax public drinking laws like Germany....you should see the pictures of streets near stadiums before a derby match or something.

I hope the club gets fined and they're allocated 0 tickets next time. England had a bad rep but they took the steps to protect themselves and their fans, now they need to stop letting fans of other teams from pulling this **** when they're over. Hannover fans were even worse in Burnley during a friendly in the summer.

Are you The Sun?

There's video of it happening.

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
Are you The Sun?

I haven't read anything about that, yet. Just some things about guys not being allowed in with tickets in the non-guest section.

Sport1 reports only 3,000 Köln supporters have tickets. 7,000 don't. :laugh:

Shrimper is right. Cologne idiots trying to get into the stadium without tickets and fights are happening.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
There's video of it happening.

There's a video that shows who had tickets? Neat.

I knew as soon as I saw that video of the Koln fans marching that this would happen.
No, you just don't know what you're talking about. These types of marches happen incredibly regularly over here, and it very rarely causes any type of fuzz. Seems like the security wasn't up to par. There's definitely a whole bunch of ****heads among the fans, as well, but that's nothing new. It certainly wasn't 10k people without tickets trying to storm the place.

Sport1 reports only 3,000 Köln supporters have tickets. 7,000 don't. :laugh:
3,000 had tickets for the away section. A ton probably had tickets for the neutral sections they bought from Arsenal fans who had little interest in going and took €200 they could get from Cologne fans. As for guys trying to get into the stadium without any ticket? I'd bet the number doesn't exceed double digits.

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
There's a video that shows who had tickets? Neat.

No, you just don't know what you're talking about. These types of marches happen incredibly regularly over here, and it very rarely causes any type of fuzz. Seems like the security wasn't up to par. There's definitely a whole bunch of ****heads among the fans, as well, but that's nothing new. It certainly wasn't 10k people without tickets trying to storm the place.

3,000 had tickets for the away section. A ton probably had tickets for the neutral sections they bought from Arsenal fans who had little interest in going and took €200 they could get from Cologne fans. As for guys trying to get into the stadium without any ticket? I'd bet the number doesn't exceed double digits.

Even sport1 is reporting it. Fights occured between Koln supporters and Arsenal fans. Many Köln fans don't have tickets at all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad