Injury Report: Euro 2020, June 11 - July 11, TSN & TVA Sports: Kickoff

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
All it took was 1 game and the English media has dubbed Kalvin Philipps the "Yorkshire Pirlo".

Lol

Reactions: ArtPeur

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
I wouldn’t be surprised if Croatia took it easy on purpose. 2nd place in this group has an easier path than 1st.

Krnage

Nov 22, 2010
Quebec
Right now .... RDS is showing Copa America game between Brasil versus Venezuela ... and later.... Colombia versus Ecuador

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Right now .... RDS is showing Copa America game between Brasil versus Venezuela ... and later.... Colombia versus Ecuador

It's on TSN, as well. Some good football to watch this next little while. Add the NHL and NBA playoffs, as well as the French Open having just finished and now they begin their road to Wimbledon, I'm spoiled in terms of sports.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

Pretty shitty of UEFA. They threatened the Danish squad that they'd lose by forfeit if they didn't take to the pitch to finish the game.

It was reported that the players had agreed to play (as Ericksen had Face Time'd with them to give them the okay).

LeHab

Aug 31, 2005

Pretty shitty of UEFA. They threatened the Danish squad that they'd lose by forfeit if they didn't take to the pitch to finish the game.

It was reported that the players had agreed to play (as Ericksen had Face Time'd with them to give them the okay).

If you read the actual article, the tweet is rather clickbait.

« J'ai lu un communiqué de l'UEFA disant qu'elle avait suivi l'avis des joueurs, qu'il avait insisté pour jouer, a-t-il déclaré ce lundi matin dans l'émission Good Morning Britain. Je sais que ce n'est pas la vérité. Ou alors, c'est votre manière de voir la vérité. Ils leur ont donné trois options : la première était de rejouer immédiatement et de finir les 50 dernières minutes. La seconde était de jouer hier (dimanche) à midi et de finir les 50 dernières minutes, la troisième était de perdre par forfait 3-0. »

One option was to play last 50 mins on Sunday Noon.

PavelBrendl

Jul 9, 2013
Very poor showing and result for Poland. A win against Slovakia would have been crucial for them to come out of their group.

That said, Krychowiak's first yellow was questionable, and ended up being very costly. He should have known better than to make that second challenge with a card already against him.

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
That was scary. Let's hope he makes a full and quick recovery. Can't imagine what his family went through during these long minutes of uncertainty.

That was more than terrible to witness watching, he literally dropped dead,awful! Thankfully the EMT was able to bring him back. I'd hate to think how they would be able to remove a deceased player from the field with so many in attendance,just sickening to see that. At first it was like what is happening and to who and then saw who it was. He started playing with Ajax and was quite popular when he played there.

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
I would have missed this otherwise.

Time to watch the Netherlands suck,

Really? people are doing that nowadays,:huh: actively seeking out sports and teams they don't follow and hope they suck? what a f-n strange thing to do! who knew?:dunno:But to each their own I suppose and we do live in a pretty bizarre and crazy world.:facepalm:

Reactions: CristianoRonaldo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad