Management Eugene Melnyk - Lawsuits, rants and more... Part Deux

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Lawsuits like this do nothing to stem my worry that Melnyck doesn’t have the money to sign all the young players.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
This guy just can't help himself. Finally a drama-free garbage bag day and then not even 24 hours later, Eugene decides that he needs to be a news story again.

Sens fans were long overdue for another ridiculous Melnyk story.

SPF6ty9

Feb 22, 2016
Caca Poopoo Peepee Shire
Obviously to show the other billionaires how big your penis is.

These are important priorities. All aboard the "SS Magnum or I'll sue".

Lawsuits like this do nothing to stem my worry that Melnyck doesn’t have the money to sign all the young players.

At least in the short term he should be getting that Seattle expansion fee. That plus the ship's captain's contribution should be plenty to pay Tkachuk and co. :) I think the lawsuit is more reflective that Melnyk is a self absorbed lunatic, at least he was able to afford the yacht cruise in the first place.

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
Eugene Melnyk, the boat and his captain pictured:

841239.jpg

discostu

Nov 12, 2002
Nomadville
Visit site
Looking a the timeline, the week of this little excursion was the same time Dorion had the Coburn, Paquette and Stepan trades.

I'm envisioning Dorion talking to Melnyk on the phone when Melnyk is puking his guts out as he asks to spend money. I won't lie. It's brightening up my day.

Reactions: Silencio

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Right, if you had the opportunity to get out of town and sail on a beautiful yacht through tropical waters you'd say it's "not exactly the proper thing to do" and skip the trip. Come on...

Are you serious?

Traveling during a pandemic is incredibly selfish. Going to the Bahamas on top of that, during the rougher part of the season in terms of weather, increasing the chance of having to call our rescue crews and possibly burden the healthcare system on top of that...you think that's ok?

How can anyone think that is ok?

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
Are you serious?

Traveling during a pandemic is incredibly selfish. Going to the Bahamas on top of that, during the rougher part of the season in terms of weather, increasing the chance of having to call our rescue crews and possibly burden the healthcare system on top of that...you think that's ok?

This pandemic has been going on for years now, I’ve reached a point where I’ve stopped calling ppl selfish for travelling, spending time with friends and family, doing activities ect. You can’t keep ppl locked inside their house forever.

Reactions: Upgrayedd

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
Are you serious?

Careful stepping off your high horse, don't want you to turn your ankle when you leap down from such lofty heights. A billionaire who travels on private planes and private yachts is a public health risk floating around through tropical waters in isolation? LOL.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Careful stepping off your high horse, don't want you to turn your ankle when you leap down from such lofty heights. A billionaire who travels on private planes and private yachts is a public health risk floating around through tropical waters in isolation? LOL.
He's bringing guests from various location together on a yatch then sending them back to where they came from. I'm sure none of them or the ship and private jet's staff ever interacted with public before or after his excursion and they all maintained appropriate mask protocols and social distancing while aboard. If local public health protocols restricted this type of activity presumably they felt it was not a risk free endeavour from a public health perspective. Whether the gov't is correct in that assessment is another matter though.

Beech

Cicc' a porta
Nov 25, 2020
We have the commissioner of the NHL flying all over the USA to play golf. Eugene is spending 500 k a week, so possibly $1 million dollars on a boat for family and friends.

Good Lord..people are loosing homes, jobs, family!!! Their lives, their future and so on...and these guys are enjoying life!!! Eugene should have invited Roger. OMG

We really are the ignorant masses, aren't we?

Grizwald

Dec 19, 2017
I hope this trip doesn't turn out to be a metaphor for Melnyk's "5-year run of unparalleled success”

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
He's bringing guests from various location together on a yatch then sending them back to where they came from. I'm sure none of them or the ship and private jet's staff ever interacted with public before or after his excursion and they all maintained appropriate mask protocols and social distancing while aboard. If local public health protocols restricted this type of activity presumably they felt it was not a risk free endeavour from a public health perspective. Whether the gov't is correct in that assessment is another matter though.
The ultra wealthy have far greater resources than the average person...more on this story at 6 pm.

Look, if this was a story about literally any other person, no one would give a flying f***. The only reason people are outraged is because it's Eugene. Period. And I've already said in this very thread that he constantly finds ways to sabotage his own reputation so I'm not exactly a fan of his. But the idea that we should prosecute him for taking a vacation on a yacht floating through tropical waters? I can't help but shake my head at the idealism of the average person on this forum. Anyone with similar resources would do the same thing. Anyone with similar resources would find a way to spend time with their family. Hell, most of the people who have become Covid cases over the last few months are people without resources who had family get togethers anyway. I think the guy with the serious underlying medical condition probably did this trip in a safe way. Just makes sense to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad