Management Eugene Melnyk - Lawsuits, rants and more... Part Deux

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grizwald

Dec 19, 2017
The ultra wealthy have far greater resources than the average person...more on this story at 6 pm.

Look, if this was a story about literally any other person, no one would give a flying f***. The only reason people are outraged is because it's Eugene. Period. And I've already said in this very thread that he constantly finds ways to sabotage his own reputation so I'm not exactly a fan of his. But the idea that we should prosecute him for taking a vacation on a yacht floating through tropical waters? I can't help but shake my head at the idealism of the average person on this forum. Anyone with similar resources would do the same thing. Anyone with similar resources would find a way to spend time with their family. Hell, most of the people who have become Covid cases over the last few months are people without resources who had family get togethers anyway. I think the guy with the serious underlying medical condition probably did this trip in a safe way. Just makes sense to me.

I think you're missing the point. Most here are outraged that almost everything Melnyk does or endeavor he's involved with turns out to be a total clusterf**k. Personally I think the safest place for Melnyk to be is in the middle of ocean, without any form of communication, it would be the best situation for him, the team, and especially Sens fans..lol

Last edited:

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
The ultra wealthy have far greater resources than the average person...more on this story at 6 pm.

Look, if this was a story about literally any other person, no one would give a flying f***. The only reason people are outraged is because it's Eugene. Period. And I've already said in this very thread that he constantly finds ways to sabotage his own reputation so I'm not exactly a fan of his. But the idea that we should prosecute him for taking a vacation on a yacht floating through tropical waters? I can't help but shake my head at the idealism of the average person on this forum. Anyone with similar resources would do the same thing. Anyone with similar resources would find a way to spend time with their family. Hell, most of the people who have become Covid cases over the last few months are people without resources who had family get togethers anyway. I think the guy with the serious underlying medical condition probably did this trip in a safe way. Just makes sense to me.

Ok, so in Ontario, where he flew his mother in from, public health had instituted a full lockdown over the holidays.
  • Restricting indoor organized public events and social gatherings, except with members of the same household (the people you live with). Individuals who live alone may consider having exclusive close contact with one other household.
But because he's wealthy it's fine for him to bring them on a cruise? I don't see how this is any different than average joe having a multi family get together at mom and dad's, and the one that did so in spite of the lockdown were in fact criticised just the same.

But I'm so glad you're here to tell me what I would do with similar resources. That's nice. Not sure what I'd do without you.

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
Ok, so in Ontario, where he flew his mother in from, public health had instituted a full lockdown over the holidays.
But because he's wealthy it's fine for him to bring them on a cruise? I don't see how this is any different than average joe having a multi family get together at mom and dad's, and the one that did so in spite of the lockdown were in fact criticised just the same.

But I'm so glad you're here to tell me what I would do with similar resources. That's nice. Not sure what I'd do without you.
Lol, being snarky when you don't have a legitimate point to make is kinda your strong suit, huh? I guess the ultra wealthy billionaire with a serious underlying medical condition who booked a $500,000 per week super yacht to sail around the tropics wouldn't be able to make sure everyone was isolated before and after the trip including safeguards like testing - probably already partially or fully vaccinated too (based on age). Here in Ontario, we have people not giving a shit about lockdown restrictions, meeting with people in their homes, etc. and you guys want to point the finger at a guy with the resources to do something like this safely and say "look at how terrible this is". Outrage for the sake of outrage. I'd rather get my knickers in a twist over the flagrant disregard for people's health and mental wellbeing who work "heroic" front line jobs and then get shit on constantly rather than feigning outrage over some bloated douchebag sailing the islands in a rented boat.

Again, the only reason anyone even cares is because it's Melnyk. End of story. A man who's inclusion in any story automatically prompts a mountain of hot takes from disgruntled keyboard warriors. Who gives a f*** about this guy? There's so many things to point at and say "f*** him"...this? This is not one of them.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
The wealthy have been abusing their resources all throughout the pandemic. Pay the poor to take all the risk for you while doing whatever you want whenever you want wherever you want with whoever you want. This is just another example. More news at 11.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
This guy just can't help himself. Finally a drama-free garbage bag day and then not even 24 hours later, Eugene decides that he needs to be a news story again.

Sens fans were long overdue for another ridiculous Melnyk story.

But it isn't Eugene. It is two guests who were on the boat, not him, that are suing. Not much he can do here , can he?

umma gumma

Apr 8, 2005
But it isn't Eugene. It is two guests who were on the boat, not him, that are suing. Not much he can do here , can he?
Surely Euge was well aware of both mum and girlfriend's intent to sue. Probably even paying for any legal fees. Obviously he agrees with it.

That signed guestbook tho...

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
This is Melnyk's best controversy/lawsuit yet. I was howling reading the CBC article.

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
Surely Euge was well aware of both mum and girlfriend's intent to sue. Probably even paying for any legal fees. Obviously he agrees with it.

That signed guestbook tho...

If they were told they could not take the route they wanted because the ‘boat could not make it” and later found out this was a lie the guestbook is irrelevant. Plus the person who signed the book might not be the person who is brining the pain.
They probably had big plans to swim with the pigs and take the same tourist route everyone does and instead floated the boring ass open ocean..
So they may have the right to be pissed
Perhaps the company didn’t have the proper paper work or credentials to operate in that part of the world so they needed to stay in international waters.

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
If they were told they could not take the route they wanted because the ‘boat could not make it” and later found out this was a lie the guestbook is irrelevant. Plus the person who signed the book might not be the person who is brining the pain.
They probably had big plans to swim with the pigs and take the same tourist route everyone does and instead floated the boring ass open ocean..
Just out of curiosity, has Melnyk done or said anything to make you believe he deserves the benefit of the doubt? Or is this Devil's advocacy for Devil's advocacy's sake?

Reactions: discostu

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
Just out of curiosity, has Melnyk done or said anything to make you believe he deserves the benefit of the doubt? Or is this Devil's advocacy for Devil's advocacy's sake?

I’m not giving anybody any benefit, I am fairly sure the way they wanted to go is the place to go and the thing to do for people that sail in that part of the world it seems odd the captain would refuse the trip everyone takes.
Melnyk is not being sued or being accused of anything here you understand that right?

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
Lol, being snarky when you don't have a legitimate point to make is kinda your strong suit, huh? I guess the ultra wealthy billionaire with a serious underlying medical condition who booked a $500,000 per week super yacht to sail around the tropics wouldn't be able to make sure everyone was isolated before and after the trip including safeguards like testing - probably already partially or fully vaccinated too (based on age). Here in Ontario, we have people not giving a shit about lockdown restrictions, meeting with people in their homes, etc. and you guys want to point the finger at a guy with the resources to do something like this safely and say "look at how terrible this is". Outrage for the sake of outrage. I'd rather get my knickers in a twist over the flagrant disregard for people's health and mental wellbeing who work "heroic" front line jobs and then get shit on constantly rather than feigning outrage over some bloated douchebag sailing the islands in a rented boat.

Again, the only reason anyone even cares is because it's Melnyk. End of story. A man who's inclusion in any story automatically prompts a mountain of hot takes from disgruntled keyboard warriors. Who gives a f*** about this guy? There's so many things to point at and say "f*** him"...this? This is not one of them.

What are you even talking about? Public officials with little to no infamy were lambasted for traveling out of Canada during the holidays. Several lost their jobs. I guess we can dream that's the outcome here.

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
I’m not giving anybody any benefit, I am fairly sure the way they wanted to go is the place to go and the thing to do for people that sail in that part of the world it seems odd the captain would refuse the trip everyone takes.
Melnyk is not being sued or being accused of anything here you understand that right?
You're awfully defensive considering I asked a simple question. I'm not confused at all as to who is being sued here.

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
You're awfully defensive considering I asked a simple question. I'm not confused at all as to who is being sued here.

You asked a question about Melnyk I responded explaining Melnyk is not being sued or trying to sue anyone....
It’s more logic than defensive

umma gumma

Apr 8, 2005
Perhaps the company didn’t have the proper paper work or credentials to operate in that part of the world so they needed to stay in international waters.
And?

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011

Not everyone takes that route. Boats the size he was using need deeper water. It would've been dangerous for that particular yacht to go that route, especially in rough waters.

Trying to add that somehow the captain was lying about the boats capabilities was all out false.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
It wasn't against the law to leave the country. If plane tickets were only ever 100 dollars so many people would have left that the government would be forced to shut down the air lines. People might not like what he did but what the f*** does he care. It's different when a politician tells you to stay home and then he goes on vacation. Melnyk is a douche, we know that, but he is also free to do what he wants and that includes pocketing money made from the Sens. Once the average fan actually realizes this may and instead of being like "we have an exciting team now, lets support them" he will continue doing as he do. He knew all along that people were going to reject him for how he ran this team, but like most things, people forget and eventually come crawling back to again line his pockets. I guess we will see next season on opening day if his plan worked. The hate for Melnyk should be more powerful than the love of our young players.

Reactions: Sicko
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad