Erik Karlsson's Scoring Pace

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
Id be interested to see the scoring leaders since that time.

I bet it would be crazy how many elite forwards hes outscored since the beginning of the 2015 season.

There’s a function on nhl.com which allows this. He’s 7th.

LeHab

Aug 31, 2005
Should change his name to Korrlsson. Very impressive what he is accomplishing in today's hockey.

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
Because this is a giant feat and thread worthy.

Deserves recognition at how remarkable it is.

17 points in 11 games is amazing and all but 170 points in 170 games is special.

18 points in 19 playoff games
4 points in 4 World Cup games
170 points in 170 regular season games.

Seems like he is a PPG player.

Crosby has 187 regular season points in 173 games over the same period.

McDavid 166 in 144 games
Tarasenko 169 in 179 games
Ovechkin 159 in 178 games
Kucherov 180 in 168 games
Kane 209 in 180 games
Backstrom 169 in 173 games
Malkin 149 in 137 games

ATdaisuki

Dec 4, 2012
Ottawa
he's been pretty mixed overall and i think it's mostly because his decision making has been out of sync with his skating ability. he makes plays thinking "if it goes wrong, i can skate back into the play", or "i can skate it through this area" and they've been failing a LOT more than usual. i won't really be impressed until his defense/skating issues are fixed a little. karlsson is a great player, one of the best in the league when he's on his game. this is not him at or close to his best. and no, i'm not saying he'd have more points if he was healthy, i'm saying my eye test would be a lot happier with him if he was.

that being said, outside of that one bouncing puck he missed today, he was really good.

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
If he wasn't fine in any way he wouldn't have 17 points in like 11 games. That said his skating is off, but he doesn't look hurt, in a way it resembles thay way he looked in 13-14. Basically he looks uncomfortable, this will get better, but his skating will probably always be affected by playing 30-minutes a night on a ****ed up ankle.

A broken Bobby Orr led Canada to the Canada Cup in 1976. Then was a ppg+ player in Chicago. Broken Mario Lemieux who could barely bend over to tie his skates won scoring titles. Old and literally one legged Yzerman was ppg on a Cup winner in the playoffs. Karlsson with a completely messed up foot was unbelievable in the playoffs last year.

When you are truly great and super elite somehow you get by and perform at a level commensurate with your talent somehow even when your body is pretty broken.

Hopefully Karlsson recovers and plays a long time like Selanne did after wrecking his knee early in his career and losing his super top level speed.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
One of the most impressive things about Karlsson is that even if he is slumping (for his standards) he still produces and is still one of the best in the game.

Just crazy hockey IQ.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Are you watching him play today!??
If hes at 50% god help us all.

Best skater on the ice.

He might say that that's how he feels and he has a noticeable hitch in his stride so I'm sure he's thinking about it while he's playing, but he's still cruising along faster than anyone else, haha.

he's been pretty mixed overall and i think it's mostly because his decision making has been out of sync with his skating ability. he makes plays thinking "if it goes wrong, i can skate back into the play", or "i can skate it through this area" and they've been failing a LOT more than usual. i won't really be impressed until his defense/skating issues are fixed a little. karlsson is a great player, one of the best in the league when he's on his game. this is not him at or close to his best. and no, i'm not saying he'd have more points if he was healthy, i'm saying my eye test would be a lot happier with him if he was.

that being said, outside of that one bouncing puck he missed today, he was really good.

Right, it seems like his mind is writing checks his body can't cash at times. It seems like it's affecting his outright speed less and his agility/cuts/transitions more, which is where d-men get messed up.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Right, it seems like his mind is writing checks his body can't cash at times. It seems like it's affecting his outright speed less and his agility/cuts/transitions more, which is where d-men get messed up.

I'd say this is spot on.

TB1299

Apr 13, 2016
Lol did you guys watch the game. One terrible bounce off the boards. Aside from that he was brilliant and his skating was real good.

Its like people are just making stuff up now lol.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
One of the most impressive things about Karlsson is that even if he is slumping (for his standards) he still produces and is still one of the best in the game.

Just crazy hockey IQ.

Yeah, I think it's become real apparent that the production is there pretty much no matter what as long as he's on the ice. I mean that's been apparent, but he's had obstacles thrown his way since 2013(?) and it's rarely affected his scoring pace.

PatrikBerglund

May 29, 2017
A broken Bobby Orr led Canada to the Canada Cup in 1976. Then was a ppg+ player in Chicago. Broken Mario Lemieux who could barely bend over to tie his skates won scoring titles. Old and literally one legged Yzerman was ppg on a Cup winner in the playoffs. Karlsson with a completely messed up foot was unbelievable in the playoffs last year.

When you are truly great and super elite somehow you get by and perform at a level commensurate with your talent somehow even when your body is pretty broken.

Hopefully Karlsson recovers and plays a long time like Selanne did after wrecking his knee early in his career and losing his super top level speed.

Don't think you know what "literally" means.

Reactions: Vikke

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
Karlsson was moving noticeably better today. I think the flu factored into his play over the past two weeks.

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
Karlsson is his own enemy. When he plays lackadaisical he looks bad but when he gets into the game he's a marvel to watch.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad