Proposal: Erik Karlsson to WPG

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Karlsson is 100% worth Scheifele +

give your damn head a shake LMFAO

just because he is worth certain assets doesnt mean you have to make a trade - thats why some teams are better fits than others

1.5 years of EK isn’t worth a top 10 centre signed to perhaps the best contract (top 5 contracts easy) in the nhl for 8 years. Keep dreaming

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
Don't want EK at all. Maybe for a 2nd rounder?

I realize your being sarcastic but careful some people will think your serious.

EK 1.5 yrs is worth a young top 6 roster player, 1st and A level prospect roughly. Of course we have zero interest in paying that.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
I honestly do not think EK would want to go to the Jets and we are probably on his no trade list. I am just basing this probability due to the city of Winnipeg being the top city on no trade lists in 2016.

but my hot take, just for fun.

I would absolutely do the OP trade if I wanted to improve my chances to win the cup this year and next. I think it all depends on your mind frame. Make a big splash and go all in for a cup this year and next or stick with the draft/develop plan and just hope this momentum continues and we pull out a good playoff run.

Sure he would be a "rental" but the price the OP is asking is very reasonable for an elite talent. Trouba is kind of a question mark in regards to resigning to Winnipeg and lets be honest...he has been very inconsistent in this play (good/bad). The only thing that would hurt would be losing Roslovic as he is developing quite well. The 1st round pick should hopefully be a very low first round pick. It would be a good add with our aging veterans in Buff, Enstrom, Wheeler and Little as our window for their peak performance will be closing more and more every year. Plus Toby is coming off the books next season which will give the organization some extra cash to play with to improve the team further.

I would certainly consider this offer if we wanted to raise our chances of being cup contenders. EK brings more offence then most forwards and last season demonstrated some very good defence.

He started the season hot with something like 17 points in 11 games and has dropped off a cliff since then. I really don't think its injury related. But imo it seems to be a organizational related, the trading of Turris because of his modest contract request must of been a blow in the locker room as everyone shut down a few days before the trade and completely shut down after. It seems like the organization in a whole is under a lot of uncertainty and turmoil based on melnyk's comments.

Reactions: ViktorBaeArvidsson

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
I realize your being sarcastic but careful some people will think your serious.

EK 1.5 yrs is worth a young top 6 roster player, 1st and A level prospect roughly. Of course we have zero interest in paying that.

Of course. I don't want Sens fans getting upset......like when I said Ottawa was on Karlssons no trade list LOL. I think your valuation is accurate, and like you I'd have no interest in paying that. If we know Chevy he'll be one of those GMs who hasn't even been in the talks.

Reactions: Hunter368

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
If Karrlsson doesn't agree to a trade and sign no deal. If he would I could see Laine being offered one for one.

No new contract no interest, I agree

If EK signs a reasonable deal (not a dumb 12-13 million per yr deal) then might think about it. Also depends on his health he appears to lost a little of his magic since his surgery. Also depends on how Laine continues to develop.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
Sens fans are acting like Karlsson is signed for 4+ years with some of these asking prices. Scheifele? **** off. No one's trading a young top-10 center on a great contract for a guy who wants to milk free agency.
Then Karlsson is not going to the Jets.

Instincts

Jan 11, 2012
He would instantly become the only defender on Jets who knows how to pass the puck, he also can skate the puck (this is what our D does 99% of time). He would make our dangerous PP lethal. Eat a lot of minutes, be our #1 defender and it won't be even close. So we would benefit from EK big time, but pieces required to get him will be too much to give up. Unless he is signed for at least 4-5 years and Ottawa would be ok with Big Buff + Trouba in return (which probably would never happened ) I can't see how Jets make this trade work...

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
hes easily worth a top 10 center.

****ing laughable
The laughable thing is you thinking a rental Karlsson could get anything close to a player of Scheifele’s status. Karlsson signed at 8 years 9m pulls Scheifele+

Karlsson with 1.5 years left pulls Trouba+ at best

Liver King

Jan 23, 2016
The laughable thing is you thinking a rental Karlsson could get anything close to a player of Scheifele’s status. Karlsson signed at 8 years 9m pulls Scheifele+

Karlsson with 1.5 years left pulls Trouba+ at best

yes I do think arguably the best d-man in the world can return a legit #1 center - or as you put it someone "close to a player like Scheifele". I feel the exact same way about Doughty.

laugh at that all you want

realistically there is zero team trading for Karlsson as a "rental" - you either know 100% you are gonna sign him or you wait for July 1st. If he is traded we are maximizing his value and your laughable proposals won't be in consideration.

again, give your head a shake

Last edited:

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
yes I do think arguably the best d-man in the world can return a legit #1 center - or as you put it someone "close to a player like Scheifele". I feel the exact same way about Doughty.

laugh at that all you want

realistically there is zero team trading for Karlsson as a "rental" - you either know 100% you are gonna sign him or you wait for July 1st. If he is traded we are maximizing his value and your laughable proposals won't be in consideration.

again, give your head a shake
Except there is no way you can say 100% you can sign him because you literally cannot talk about a contract extension with him until July 1st of this year as per the CBA. Maybe don’t post about stuff you don’t know about if you don’t want to look ignorant?

7 years at 6m for Scheifele is more valuable than 1.5 years of Karlsson. As teams cannot talk extension with Karlsson until July 1st, there is zero percent chance Karlsson pulls a player even close to Scheifele

Smdh at your ignornance. Pretty embarrassing for a Sens fans that should be up to date on the situation

Liver King

Jan 23, 2016
Except there is no way you can say 100% you can sign him because you literally cannot talk about a contract extension with him until July 1st of this year as per the CBA. Maybe don’t post about stuff you don’t know about if you don’t want to look ignorant?

7 years at 6m for Scheifele is more valuable than 1.5 years of Karlsson. As teams cannot talk extension with Karlsson until July 1st, there is zero percent chance Karlsson pulls a player even close to Scheifele

Smdh at your ignornance. Pretty embarrassing for a Sens fans that should be up to date on the situation

Yes exactly which is why I said "wait until July 1st" if you are not fully confident you can sign the player (i.e you have a ton of cap space). That is not an ignorant statement at all, pretty f***ing logical if you ask me - Sens are gonna maxamizze his value so if we would have to wait until July 1st to do that - ding ding ding - you wait until July 1st.

Again, no team is gonna trade for Karlsson as a "rental"

Karlsson would pull a legit top line center - thats the point - it is very very simple to understand. If Winnipeg is not a good fit/will pay the asking price - then there is no deal to be made which I think is also very clear. If Karl is traded - he can return a legit #1 center in the league and I don't see how that is disputable. Just because player A is worth player B does not mean player B is on the trade block.

"trouba +" though eh bud hahah f*** off. arguing an unrealistic scenario does not make any sense to me - if by YOUR word Karlsson at 1.5 is worth Trouba+ and Karl on an 8 year deal is worth Scheifele+ why on earth would the senators realistically make the first deal. Its so damn stupid to suggest or discuss.

Karlsson is worth a legit #1 center to questions asked

Last edited:

FlappyGiraffe

Go Jets Go
Sponsor
Jul 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Yes exactly which is why I said "wait until July 1st" if you are not fully confident you can sign the player (i.e you have a ton of cap space). That is not an ignorant statement at all, pretty ****ing logical if you ask me - Sens are gonna maxamizze his value so if we would have to wait until July 1st to do that - ding ding ding - you wait until July 1st.

Karlsson would pull a legit top line center - thats the point - it is very very simple to understand. If Winnipeg is not a good fit/will pay the asking price - then there is no deal to be made which I think is also very clear. If Karl is traded - he can return a legit #1 center in the league and I don't see how that is disputable. Just because player A is worth player B does not mean player B is on the trade block.

"trouba +" though eh bud hahah **** off

Oh jets fans once again
Okay we'll sign him as a free agent and keep our 1c, thanks!

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
I know it wont be - I would assume Winnipeg is on his 10 team no trade list

but my point still stands, Karlsson is worth a top 10 centerman in the league

My point was 1.5 yrs of EK before UFA doesn't get a top 10 C like Mark who is signed for 8 yrs at a extremely good contract. So my point still stands.

Could EK land a top 10 C with a similar contract status & age as EK? Yes of course, but that's not was being debated.

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
Yes exactly which is why I said "wait until July 1st" if you are not fully confident you can sign the player (i.e you have a ton of cap space). That is not an ignorant statement at all, pretty ****ing logical if you ask me - Sens are gonna maxamizze his value so if we would have to wait until July 1st to do that - ding ding ding - you wait until July 1st.

"trouba +" though eh bud hahah **** off. arguing an unrealistic scenario does not make any sense to me - if by YOUR word Karlsson at 1.5 is worth Trouba+ and Karl on an 8 year deal is worth Scheifele+ why on earth would the senators realistically make the first deal. Its so damn stupid to suggest or discuss.

Karlsson is worth a legit #1 center to questions asked

The point everyone is making to you and only you don't seem to understand is no team is going to give you full value for EK unless he's signed.....no one. So if he's traded before the new deal it will be as an expensive rental, if he's traded after a new deal it will be at full value......of course his new contract may end up hurting his value but that's unknown at this point.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
As much as Ottawa fans want to get massive returns for Karlsson, you have to realize other teams have their own needs.

Giving up Schiefele or Laine for Karlsson does little for the Jets. It's disrupting their core to make a lateral move to just clog up the right side of their defense.

The only way I could see this getting done is a deal centered around Trouba + Connor

Jets likely don't want to move Connor, but you have to give to get. Don't think Roslovic/Petan is enough to tip the scales for OTT.

Liver King

Jan 23, 2016
The point everyone is making to you and only you don't seem to understand is no team is going to give you full value for EK unless he's signed.....no one. So if he's traded before the new deal it will be as an expensive rental, if he's traded after a new deal it will be at full value......of course his new contract may end up hurting his value but that's unknown at this point.

This is the exact point I just made in my post lmao How do I not understand it if I just said it..wtf is going on hhaa

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad