Proposal: Erik Karlsson to WPG

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I doubt we get him, only way it's possible is if we give him what he needs, but we're going to be flooded with contracts in the coming years. Scheifele, Laine, Wheeler, Hellebuyck, Little, Morrissey, Ehlers, Copp, Byfuglien, and potentially Trouba as well as Kyle Connor. Winnipeg will just be under the cap, might have to trade some guys.

If Karlsson were to get traded, I'd want it to be Tampa Bay because he and Hedman would be dynamite. But overall, I want him to stay in Ottawa and get top of the top of dollars.

But if I were to give a proposal to Winnipeg it'd look like this (considering how everybody is valuing him at):

Ottawa:
1st 2018
3rd 2018
Nic Petan
Jacob Trouba
Marko Dano

Winnipeg:
Erik Karlsson
6th 2019

Carson22

Oct 9, 2017
A

Aint a Sens fan bub im just making it even even with calculating advtg

Certainly not a Jets fan either, but I can sense some jealousy with posts like this, after your team got spanked.

This is the worst game Ive ever seen this team play. To lose to a poor quality pretender team like Winnipeg was truly pathetic. Time for ownership to put EVERYTHING into question after this one. This was bad like HELLA bad :facepalm:

Tasteless Beaver

PLANE TEAM GOOD
Jul 8, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario
I doubt we get him, only way it's possible is if we give him what he needs, but we're going to be flooded with contracts in the coming years. Scheifele, Laine, Wheeler, Hellebuyck, Little, Morrissey, Ehlers, Copp, Byfuglien, and potentially Trouba as well as Kyle Connor. Winnipeg will just be under the cap, might have to trade some guys.

If Karlsson were to get traded, I'd want it to be Tampa Bay because he and Hedman would be dynamite. But overall, I want him to stay in Ottawa and get top of the top of dollars.

But if I were to give a proposal to Winnipeg it'd look like this (considering how everybody is valuing him at):

Ottawa:
1st 2018
3rd 2018
Nic Petan
Jacob Trouba
Marko Dano

Winnipeg:
Erik Karlsson
6th 2019

We don't have our 3rd for 2018.

I'd sooner lowball on OEL than sell the farm for Karlsson. And since EK65 is a RHD, whoever we're trading with is taking back either Trouba or Byfuglien to clear our RHD logjam (maybe Myers, but he wouldn't be the primary piece). I'd do Trouba + a small add since they are both under control for the same amount of time, but the add wouldn't be more than Roslovic. Our current top-6 + Perreault is totally off-limits if we're acquiring a rental, even as good as EK65.

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
You wouldn't give Myers+1st for 1.5 years of Karlsson?

What a ****ing joke this thread is. Tyler Myers is barely an NHL defenceman, and the 1st would be low. Just embarrassing for your fellow Jets fans.
This is actually embarrassing for you my friend. Why did you ignore the Wheeler part of the deal when he has probably twice the value of Myers+the first combined??

Reactions: FlappyGiraffe

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Don't need or want Karlsson at the price points being talked about. We aren't nearly far enough along our development arc that we can afford to gut the team for 1.5 years of a player. No Interest in pursuit a deal.

jetsjetsjets

Jan 11, 2016

What a ****ing joke this thread is. Tyler Myers is barely an NHL defenceman, and the 1st would be low. Just embarrassing for your fellow Jets fans.

You're right about Myers + 1st being really bad for the sens, but calling Myers "barely an NHL defenceman" is also quite embarrassing.

Edit: just saw wheeler was part of it. Your whole post is wrong now.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011

Reading isnt your strongest ability I guess. The offer was Myers, 1st and oh yeh our Captain Wheeler who is also a top 5 RW in the nhl.

Before spouting off about a post, at least read it so you don’t look so silly.

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
This is actually embarrassing for you my friend. Why did you ignore the Wheeler part of the deal when he has probably twice the value of Myers+the first combined??
You're right about Myers + 1st being really bad for the sens, but calling Myers "barely an NHL defenceman" is also quite embarrassing.

Edit: just saw wheeler was part of it. Your whole post is wrong now.

I love it when smart asses make fools of themselves. Karma

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
Don't need or want Karlsson at the price points being talked about. We aren't nearly far enough along our development arc that we can afford to gut the team for 1.5 years of a player. No Interest in pursuit a deal.

Agreed

Very good player, but without a new contract in place zero interest in him.

Saekk

Jul 25, 2017
Certainly not a Jets fan either, but I can sense some jealousy with posts like this, after your team got spanked.
He's a 13 year old edgy kid, pretty weird he hasn't been put in the penaltybox yet, zero insight.

Reactions: Pongs21

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Just quoting the post again. Go ahead, defend yourself with some more personal attacks. Reality is, this post is insane. That's like saying you wouldn't deal Perrault+1st for Crosby
You do know your post is missing the wheeler part right? And Myers is a legitimate nfl dman what are you talking about lol.

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
He keeps digging himself a deeper hole.....he went back deleted his posts to avoid looking even dumber. haha

He’s making my day. haha

Let’s see if he has enough courage to come back and apologize for being such a noob

mondo3

Jun 4, 2011
Anaheim
Can a trade stipulate something like if he doesn't re-sign after the current contract is done, then draft picks are exchanged ? ex: Karlsson for Trouba and Ehlers but if he doesn't re-sign with Wpg after the 1.5 years then Ottawa adds a 1st?

Jeti

Blue-Line Dekes
Jul 8, 2011
MTL
Sens fans are acting like Karlsson is signed for 4+ years with some of these asking prices. Scheifele? f*** off. No one's trading a young top-10 center on a great contract for a guy who wants to milk free agency.

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
Sens fans are acting like Karlsson is signed for 4+ years with some of these asking prices. Scheifele? **** off. No one's trading a young top-10 center on a great contract for a guy who wants to milk free agency.

Agreed

As I’ve stated I wouldn’t offer anything of significant value at this point, once he has his new big contract then might be interested depending on his new deal looks like. But you can bet that new deal will be easily north of 10-11 million per year which significantly hurts his value over a 6-8 year term.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Per the OP that's way too much for 1.5 years of Erik Karlsson, I'd be totally shocked if he would commit to Winnipeg long term i can definitely see Karlsson staying in the Eastern Conference he will probably test the market in 2019 if Ottawa doesn't resign him you're easily looking at 7 years $84 million to sign him minimal.

Liver King

Jan 23, 2016
Sens fans are acting like Karlsson is signed for 4+ years with some of these asking prices. Scheifele? **** off. No one's trading a young top-10 center on a great contract for a guy who wants to milk free agency.

Karlsson is 100% worth Scheifele +

give your damn head a shake LMFAO

just because he is worth certain assets doesnt mean you have to make a trade - thats why some teams are better fits than others

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad