Proposal: Erik Karlsson to WPG

Instincts

Jan 11, 2012
if he’s in the 12-13 million range then I would have zero interest in him.
Well I would rather have one EK for 12-13 then both Big Buff for 7.5 (unless he starts playing like the season he got this contract) and Trouba who wants 7-8

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Well I would rather have one EK for 12-13 then both Big Buff for 7.5 (unless he starts playing like the season he got this contract) and Trouba who wants 7-8

That’s not what’s being debated though. Sure of course we trade Buff for EK but Sens don’t touch that. Trouba won’t get anything near 7-8 million that’s just fantasy.

Reactions: Oseductive

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Hahahaha. Get this garbage out of here.

Just so everyone knows: A few clicks of a button shows here's a salty Canucks fan who is clearly upset that their idiot management didn't pick Ehlers and that they couldn't get one of Laine/Matthews in the draft.
Of course Im upset about the Canucks idiotic management. But what does that have to do with Winnipeg? We also missed on Nylander and I like the Leafs and what there doing and building

FlappyGiraffe

Go Jets Go
Sponsor
Jul 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Hahahaha. Get this garbage out of here.

Just so everyone knows: A few clicks of a button shows here's a salty Canucks fan who is clearly upset that their idiot management didn't pick Ehlers and that they couldn't get one of Laine/Matthews in the draft.
It was even worse back in the "Mogilny to Bure" days, he's a little more bearable now

broc

Dec 20, 2010
I know it wont be - I would assume Winnipeg is on his 10 team no trade list

but my point still stands, Karlsson is worth a top 10 centerman in the league

No, no he’s not.
Karlsson the player might be worth that, but Karlssons contract expiring sure isn’t.

Sure, he’d easily be worth a top center who is also on a similarly expiring contract. But he’s not worth Schiefele- a young “should be a top 5 center in the league for the next decade” who is also on one of the best deals in the NHL league wide to boot. Karlsson is not even CLOSE to Schiefele value. Give your head a shake.

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
I'd do Schiefele+Trouba for Karlsson+?

Jets say hell no! Of course you do that trade.

EK current contract status - Not in a million years do the Jets consider that, it's laughable bad, comical bad, throw up in my mouth bad, franchise killer trade.

EK with a new contract reasonable cap hit (unlikely to happen considering his recent comments) - No thx from the Jets. Not trading away a 2-3 RHD who is younger, plus a top 10 C who is younger on one of the best contracts in the NHL for 8 long years. Easy no from Jets

Do people even think about the other team before creating an offer for their players?

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
Jets say hell no! Of course you do that trade.

EK current contract status - Not in a million years do the Jets consider that, it's laughable bad, comical bad, throw up in my mouth bad, franchise killer trade.

EK with a new contract reasonable cap hit (unlikely to happen considering his recent comments) - No thx from the Jets. Not trading away a 2-3 RHD who is younger, plus a top 10 C who is younger on one of the best contracts in the NHL for 8 long years. Easy no from Jets

Do people even think about the other team before creating an offer for their players?
You want quality don't want to give up quality. Shut down the thread.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB

The OPs original offer is fair imo. but I do not think it would work for either club.

1. I think EK would have Winnipeg on his no trade list.

2. EK would only be a rental if this trade did occur.

3. Trouba is a question mark in regards to resigning and is willing to hold out on a contract as he has done in the past to force a trade or more favorable monetary settlement.

I think it should you are right in the thread should be shut down as there is no real deal to make between the two clubs.

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011

The vast majority of Jets have said that throughout the thread, we have no interest in him......zero interest with his current contract status. The guy came out in the media and stated his next contract will be massive.....not exactly what you want to hear. Call us after you sign him, depending on how ugly that massive contract is we might talk but I highly doubt it.

Reactions: Huffer

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
I am skeptical of Karlsson long term because of his ankle. Also, Jets have Byfuglien signed to a 5 year deal and he is a poor man's Karlsson. A high priced offensive D is not really what the Jets need, they already have one.

Liver King

Jan 23, 2016
is this comment based on what the Op is asking? and are you talking rental?
2018 1st Round Pick
Jacob Trouba
Jack Roslovic
Nicolas Petan

EK is a huge upgrade over Trouba , petan is a non factor, Roslovic would be the only part that would suck to part with.

EK would increase our chances of getting to the finals this season and next as a rental dramatically. imo.

guarantee this trade would never happen though and there is a huge probability Winnipeg is on his no trade list.

and because it is a horrendous trade offer that Ottawa would laughably reject

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad