Proposal: Erik Karlsson to WPG

nickdawg95

scoutdawg
Jan 7, 2016
Nope to them all, 1.5 years of EK isn’t worth anything close that to the Jets. All this EK talk is so silly, completely unrealistic expectations on returns on him, etc

He's a generational talent and there no doubt if he was traded a new contract would have to be in place before hand to maximize the return.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
He's a generational talent and there no doubt if he was traded a new contract would have to be in place before hand to maximize the return.

Generational is thrown around too much, but yes he’s a very good player. Yes a new contract would help the return.

Saying that doesn’t change the facts:

- He’s going to be 29 yrs old when current contract ends.

- Coming off a major injury/surgery and isn’t the same old EK.

- Wants a massive new contract, think about 10+ million for 8 years.

- Gutting our team to get even a signed EK doesn’t make us a better team.....it makes us worse. Trading a 23 yrs old 2-3rhd & 21 yr offensive star that drives our offence and a 1st rd pick which are our life blood all for a #1D that’s 27 yrs old makes no sense.

- We have no replacement for Ehlers in our system or anyone even remotely close.

- Filling a need/want by creating an equally big hole/need isn’t progress. It’s at best a lateral move.

Makes no sense, easy pass from me. Let some other team cripple their lineup to get him.

nickdawg95

scoutdawg
Jan 7, 2016
Generational is thrown around too much, but yes he’s a very good player. Yes a new contract would help the return.

Saying that doesn’t change the facts:

- He’s going to be 29 yrs old when current contract ends.

- Coming off a major injury/surgery and isn’t the same old EK.

- Wants a massive new contract, think about 10+ million for 8 years.

- Gutting our team to get even a signed EK doesn’t make us a better team.....it makes us worse. Trading a 23 yrs old 2-3rhd & 21 yr offensive star that drives our offence and a 1st rd pick which are our life blood all for a #1D that’s 27 yrs old makes no sense.

- We have no replacement for Ehlers in our system or anyone even remotely close.

- Filling a need/want by creating an equally big hole/need isn’t progress. It’s at best a lateral move.

Makes no sense, easy pass from me. Let some other team cripple their lineup to get him.
lol, alright man call me when trouba / ehlers have one of the best playoff performances of the decade. or when they're undisputedly the best at their position league wide

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
lol, alright man call me when trouba / ehlers have one of the best playoff performances of the decade. or when they're undisputedly the best at their position league wide

No one is claiming that, chill out. But why would we gut our team of young core stars to trade for one star (even if he’s a bigger star)?

I would do Trouba (signed reasonable deal), any prospect not named Jack and a 1st for a signed EK to a reasonable deal. You get two nice futures to rebuild and a core young 23 experienced D with potential to be a #1D (currently a 2-3D).

But you start saying Trouba and a Ehlers......it’s too much.....becomes a negative move for us or at best a lateral move all things considered.

nickdawg95

scoutdawg
Jan 7, 2016
No one is claiming that, chill out. But why would we gut our team of young core stars to trade for one star (even if he’s a bigger star)?

I would do Trouba (signed reasonable deal), any prospect not named Jack and a 1st for a signed EK to a reasonable deal. You get two nice futures to rebuild and a core young 23 experienced D with potential to be a #1D (currently a 2-3D).

But you start saying Trouba and a Ehlers......it’s too much.....becomes a negative move for us or at best a lateral move all things considered.

connor
trouba and a 1st

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
I kind of like it for the Jets, although I'm scared about EK's next contract
Still would probably do it though

brock0791

Jul 2, 2015
The problem I see as a Jets fan is we are going to have to sign Laine to a 10 or 11 Million dollar contract next season so we cannot afford to give Karlsson what he says he deserves.

This makes Karlsson just a rental and its too much to give up for a rental.

From Ottawa's perspective, the general feeling here is Trouba wants to play in a US market so he would not be a long term solution for the Sens either.

Not necessarily it just means you're banking on Niku taking over Myers spot in 19-20 when Laine is up (letting Myers walk). Karlsson and Niku ELC should be about the same money as Trouba and Myers. Karlsson, Buff, Morrisey, Poolman, Kulikov, Niku.

With that said we might still need that money to resign Wheeler depending on if Laine is looking like closer to 8m or closer to 11m

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Kevin Allen of USA Today Says the cost from the leafs would be 2017 first round pick Timothy Liljegren, William Nylander, multiple draft picks and another prospect. according to him R.I.P lol

I mean that doesn't seem *that* bad. 1st round pick is in the 20s aand Leafs fans offer Liljegren and Nylander for much lesser players. Value wise that is probably around the same as the Duchene trade which seems like a steal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad