Rumor: Erik Karlsson Mega Thread IV - All rumors/speculation/proposals go here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurinko

Apr 1, 2015
Finland
For Vegas or us? What if it was Tartar+Glass+Miller+picks.
For EK+Ryan
. Moving Tartar for Ryan lessens the financial impact of absorbing his contract.

I think the offer at the 2018 deadline was something like Glass+Ryan+2-3 first round picks.

Adding Tatar+Miller would seem weird since the trade value now should be a lot lower than back then: only 1 season left in the contract and the Ottawa crisis (where they absolutely should clear space for wider rebuild).

Like I said, I don't think VGK should touch EK in any trade. He was part of the worst defense I've seen in a while, and there is no guarantee things will get better with him. Would I trust a player who says he is motivated and healthy when has a 50M$++ contract depending on it?

edit: Good example are the MN Wild contracts with Parise and Suter.. 200M$ contracts getting worse every second. How many seasons has Parise been healthy? These playoffs they were both injured at the same time.

Reactions: DANTHEMAN1967

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I think the offer at the 2018 deadline was something like Glass+Ryan+2-3 first round picks.

Adding Tatar+Miller would seem weird since the trade value now should be a lot lower than back then: only 1 season left in the contract and the Ottawa crisis (where they absolutely should clear space for wider rebuild).

Like I said, I don't think VGK should touch EK in any trade. He was part of the worst defense I've seen in a while, and there is no guarantee things will get better with him. Would I trust a player who says he is motivated and healthy when has a 50M$++ contract depending on it?

edit: Good example are the MN Wild contracts with Parise and Suter.. 200M$ contracts getting worse every second. How many seasons has Parise been healthy? These playoffs they were both injured at the same time.

Comparing Suter and Parise to Erik Karlsson is something I thought I’d never see to be honest.

Duncstar

Sep 1, 2017
Ottawa

Assume Vegas is a team he would sign an extension with

JoeSakic13

May 30, 2013
San Francisco
Leaked video from Sens HQ:
giphy.gif

Reactions: DownIsTheNewUp

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
I just don’t see him leaving at this point. Too much of nothing at this point makes me think that sens and him are going to reach an agreement

DANTHEMAN1967

Aug 10, 2016
I predict that Ottawa will be very busy at the trade deadline with Karlsson, Stone and Duchene all being traded because none of them want to waste their career playing for the Ottawa Tire Fires.

The Sens could have a very strong team in five years if they draft well.
:sarcasm:

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Right now they have the arbitrations with Ceci and Stone coming up next week, so EK perhaps isn's top priority.

Aurinko

Apr 1, 2015
Finland
Comparing Suter and Parise to Erik Karlsson is something I thought I’d never see to be honest.

Now you see it.

There is a chance he gets as expensive deal as Suter and he is exactly the same age Suter was back then. Even though Suter was injured this season, unlike EK, his previous career has been injury free.

KPower

Jan 17, 2012
I just don’t see him leaving at this point. Too much of nothing at this point makes me think that sens and him are going to reach an agreement
Don’t see him staying as long as Melnyk is still the owner.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015

Why would he stay?

The teams the biggest mess there is and they don't even have a 1st for next season?

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Now you see it.

There is a chance he gets as expensive deal as Suter and he is exactly the same age Suter was back then. Even though Suter was injured this season, unlike EK, his previous career has been injury free.

Oh wow. Doubling down.

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
Just out of curiosity, who do Sens fans want for him? Looking for names in particular.

Assume he remains unsigned I suppose as I doubt he would negotiate an extension before July 1st next year when 30 teams would be involved.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Just out of curiosity, who do Sens fans want for him? Looking for names in particular.

Assume he remains unsigned I suppose as I doubt he would negotiate an extension before July 1st next year when 30 teams would be involved.
Imo, Ottawa wants the players like Heiskanen or Sergachev. Dallas and Tampa say no, and Ottawa is waiting for someone to break

But in those cases, I think GMs are willing to overpay for Karlsson, but only with lesser assets like draft picks and 2nd tier prospects and players.

Trade value is not important to Ottawa here. It's all about getting that one player. They need the guy to build around. They also want to try to make the playoffs in 2019 (and in the NHL that is not impossible, not by a longshot)

Sureves

Sep 29, 2008
Ottawa

Mr.Positive said it pretty well: we need a top prospect who is looking very likely to be a #1D or top 3 forward in the future, on top of that we likely want a 1st.

So:

Heiskanen + 1st
Sergachev + 1st
Glass + 1st
McAvoy

A bunch of pieces unlikely to be top 3F/top 2D are simply of no interest if we are talking about Erik Karlsson.

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
Mr.Positive said it pretty well: we need a top prospect who is looking very likely to be a #1D or top 3 forward in the future, on top of that we likely want a 1st.

So:

Heiskanen + 1st
Sergachev + 1st
Glass + 1st
McAvoy

A bunch of pieces unlikely to be top 3F/top 2D are simply of no interest if we are talking about Erik Karlsson.
Huh. If that’s the case I’d probably wait until the TDL and pray to th hockey gods he has a good year and doesn’t get hurt!

Reactions: DANTHEMAN1967

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017

So:

Heiskanen + 1st
Sergachev + 1st
Glass + 1st
McAvoy

I really wouldn't mind giving up Sergachev for Karlsson just because I like our chances of getting him to stay here especially after a full season with us. But otherwise I'd be very hesitant about giving up that kind of players for one year of him since it's no guaranteed you'll get to keep him.

Sureves

Sep 29, 2008
Ottawa
Huh. If that’s the case I’d probably wait until the TDL and pray to th hockey gods he has a good year and doesn’t get hurt!

I think most Sens fans agree that that is the best approach. We have twice done the "trade our star player for the best offer we can get even if it sucks" and I'll tell you that getting absolute garbage for Heatley and absolute garbage for Spezza was not the way to go.

With a player as good as Karlsson - a whole different tier than Spezza or Heatley - that approach is most definitely not the way to go.

badboy1994

Apr 11, 2016
My feeling is he plays this year in Ottawa and then walks for free. He definitely isn’t staying with Ottawa and that’s a fact

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
I think most Sens fans agree that that is the best approach. We have twice done the "trade our star player for the best offer we can get even if it sucks" and I'll tell you that getting absolute garbage for Heatley and absolute garbage for Spezza was not the way to go.

With a player as good as Karlsson - a whole different tier than Spezza or Heatley - that approach is most definitely not the way to go.
I just think the way teams operate now, when they have prospects they know, they’re higher on them than draft picks. Hell theyre as high on them as mid 20s established solid NHLers.

If Ottawa ends up with a 1st, 2nd, 2nd the year after offer at the TDL and takes it, I wouldn’t be upset as a fan. It’s just how the league is going now. Especially for an unsigned player you might only have for 3 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad