Rumor: Erik Karlsson Mega Thread IV - All rumors/speculation/proposals go here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liver King

Jan 23, 2016
I mean it was reported pretty consistently last TDL that he wanted out and preferred it happen sooner rather than later, but OK.

To be fair that was mainly from Friedman at the deadline - who said a week ago that Karlsson wants to stay in Ottawa (but doesn't like the owner)

So basically he DOES want out if Melnyk stays - which seems likely

Gives us more reason to hate Melnyk!

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
To be fair that was mainly from Friedman at the deadline - who said a week ago that Karlsson wants to stay in Ottawa (but doesn't like the owner)

So basically he DOES want out if Melnyk stays - which seems likely

Gives us more reason to hate Melnyk!
Yeah, and it's not like things don't change, either. He may have wanted out regardless at the TDL when all the stuff was heating up and had a change of heart in the meantime and is open to staying.

Just saying that it absolutely was being reported that he wanted out at the last TDL.

Silencio

Nov 6, 2006
Toronto
I mean it was reported pretty consistently last TDL that he wanted out and preferred it happen sooner rather than later, but OK.

It was also reported pretty consistently early this month that a trade was finalized. Usually when a player requests a trade it gets leaked and then sooner or later officially confirmed by either the player, his agent, the GM or all 3 (as happened with Spezza and Healtey. We've had 6 months of radio silence in EK's case.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
I think the "silence" can be explained by the summer break. Could also be explained as things are getting patched up between Ottawa and Karlsson. Its the end of July and players/gms dont need to be at camp for a while. I think we continue to see the radio silence until we get closer to camp.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
Yeah, and it's not like things don't change, either. He may have wanted out regardless at the TDL when all the stuff was heating up and had a change of heart in the meantime and is open to staying.

Just saying that it absolutely was being reported that he wanted out at the last TDL.
Reported and refuted.

Reactions: Critical91

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
What about the report about Ottawa giving permission to other teams to negotiate a contract with him? Havent seen that refuted.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
What about the report about Ottawa giving permission to other teams to negotiate a contract with him? Havent seen that refuted.
Nope that was accurate.

EK then refused to negotiate with anyone because he wants to stay in Ottawa.

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
Provide a link showing he did negotiate with other teams.
That's not how the burden of proof works, my dude. It was reported that he was given permission to discuss extensions. Then you swoop in and said he refused to negotiate because he wants to stay in Ottawa, which I've personally not seen reported anywhere. Then when someone asks you to provide proof of your claim, you turn and tell them to prove YOU wrong.

That's not how it works.

You made the claim that he refused to negotiate because he wants to stay in Ottawa, it's on you to produce the evidence that the claim is accurate, not on someone else to prove it's false.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
More likely than not he wants out, what on earth would be keeping him there? He's getting older and the team is getting worse and worse.

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
More likely than not he wants out, what on earth would be keeping him there? He's getting older and the team is getting worse and worse.
I mean I can see it just being hard to move from the place you've been for years and years and years. I moved away from the place I was born, raised and lived for 23 years about 10 years ago and I still miss it.

Granted I'm not an athlete who makes millions a year, but these guys still have ties to where they are. Look at Demar Derozan in the NBA. Dude was in TOR his whole professional career and got traded to SA and was pretty devastated by it.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009

Hes got a year on his deal left and is one of the best d in the game. I think Ottawa is just doing what they think they can to maximize their return. They have time on their hands and can wait for the best deal. I think its a good idea they wait for now. Also who knows a sale could happen and he re-signs. I wouldnt wait too long though because I think its risky and the value could drop. Could go up at deadline but you just dont know for sure.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
Havent seen this reported at all. Link?
Friedman just reported that his preference is to stay in Ottawa.

No deal took place.

No evidence that he engaged in talks with any team.

No direct link, but my scenario meets the circumstances. And yours?

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Friedman just reported that his preference is to stay in Ottawa.

No deal took place.

No evidence that he engaged in talks with any team.

No direct link, but my scenario meets the circumstances. And yours?

I just looked up Karlsson prefers to stay with Ottawa. Nothing. Where is the report? I havent seen anything that shows that he hasnt talked to anybody. No I dont have a link that says that he is talking to anybody but Im not expecting to see a report for every team he is negotiating with. I do expect to see a report saying he wont at all. Which you havent provided any link.

Here is a link from CBC.ca saying he was granted permission to talk to other teams.

Senators grant teams permission to negotiate extension with Karlsson: report | CBC Sports

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
I just looked up Karlsson prefers to stay with Ottawa. Nothing. Where is the report? I havent seen anything that shows that he hasnt talked to anybody. No I dont have a link that says that he is talking to anybody but Im not expecting to see a report for every team he is negotiating with. I do expect to see a report saying he wont at all. Which you havent provided any link.

Here is a link from CBC.ca saying he was granted permission to talk to other teams.

Senators grant teams permission to negotiate extension with Karlsson: report | CBC Sports
Terrible with google or issues with the truth?

Rumor: Erik Karlsson Will Stay With The Ottawa Senators If Ownership Changes

"The belief from a lot of players is that, all things being equal...Erik Karlsson would like to be an Ottawa Senator. The problem is he doesn't want to be an Ottawa Senator under this situation," Friedman said.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009

DANTHEMAN1967

Aug 10, 2016
EK isn't signing with anyone until the Sens are sold (or next July 1st)

He is in the drivers seat and wants to stay in Ottawa.

What I agree with:
EK isn't signing with anyone until July 1st (after an EGO stroking series of meeting with teams to beg for his services).
He is in the drivers seat

What I don't agree with:
EK wants to stay in Ottawa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $100.00
    Event closes