Rumor: Erik Karlsson Mega Thread IV - All rumors/speculation/proposals go here

Status
Not open for further replies.

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
With the state of the franchise in flux and the 2019 1st round pick being potentially so valuable what do fans think of a Karlsson for Ottawa's 2019 1st trade. I don't see it as an even trade as it favors Colorado, but when considering the state of the franchise it does allow them to move forward without the pressure of having to resign Karlsson or having the pressure of having to be a non lottery team. I see the twin forces standing in the way of the franchise acting in its own best interests long term and using Karlsson to resolve both issues even at a loss might be the best solution.

Thoughts? I know Ottawa fans will say he's worth more and Colorado fans will say it could be Hughes, but that isn't Guaranteed. Where do you draw the line?

Last edited:

Clamshells

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 11, 2009
Thoughts? I know Ottawa fans will say he's worth more and Colorado fans will say it could be Hughes, but that isn't Guaranteed. Where do you draw the line?

Sens can get a better return than a mystery lotto pick that is at least 4x more likely to not be 1OA.

Colorado adds big time.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
With the state of the franchise in flux and the 2019 1st round pick being potentially so valuable what do fans think of a Karlsson for Ottawa's 2019 1st trade. I don't see it as an even trade as it favors Colorado, but when considering the state of the franchise it does allow them to move forward without the pressure of having to resign Karlsson or having the pressure of having to be a non lottery team. I see the twin forces standing in the way of the franchise acting in its own best interests long term and using Karlsson to resolve both issues even at a loss might be the best solution.

You probably draw the line with the 1st and Makar.

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
I hope it works out for Ottawa, obviously Colorado would not be giving up much under the circumstances. Ottawa would receive more from other teams, at least in theory.

slimbob8

Aug 11, 2016
Isn't this why we have an Erik Karlsson megathread on the main page? Did you title this one "Ottawa Senators Going Forward" as a disguise just so you could have your own Karlsson trade thread?

NYI Fan 73

Jul 16, 2018
Newest news from those in the know: No new news
Dorion & Melnyk are asking (have asked) for too much for a karlsson deal. The list of interested teams dropped daily. Now these 2 gentlemen are focused on keeping Karlsson & making him happy. duh! I'm 100% convinced he stays the 1 more season then walks.

Reactions: Morrison

Spectra

Registered boozer
Aug 3, 2005
Delete this shit. There's a thread, a MEGA thread no less, for this topic. And the premise of this thread hurts my brain, it's an insulting premise for anyone above Pejorative Slur level intellect.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Ottawa isnt getting a Sergachev, Glass, or Heiskenan at the deadline. They need to rip the band aid off now before their fans think hes going back there and lose hope again.

Drift

Jan 9, 2012
At this rate I hope he just plays the year out and leaves as a UFA lol

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
At this rate I hope he just plays the year out and leaves as a UFA lol

I believe that this is the most likely scenario. It allows Dorion and Melnyk to save face by the Sens having a better season and providing Colorado with a less valuable first round pick and it potentially allows the Sens to sell more tickets this season and improve the bottom line.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
I'm still hoping the Sens fans send Melnyk a message by not making the trip over to Kanata, and having the televised games pick out a sea of empty seats. That'll look good on the owner, eh?

I mean it sucks for the players, including EK, and chances are they won't be heading to the playoffs next season either, but changes must be made. Can't blame Karlsson for wanting out of that dumpster fire.

Toby Flenderson

Jun 4, 2015
I’m gonna put my proposal back in here cause I don’t think many people saw it in the last big thread.

Pitt gets: Erik Karlsson

Florida gets: Phil Kessel, Tristan Jarry

OTT gets: Justin Schultz, Owen Tippett, 2019 1st (Florida), conditional 2019 2nd (Pitt)

*Conditions are if Karlsson plays all 82 games

Ottawa gets the 10th OA pick in 2017 who is a blue chip, a good top 4 RHD under the age of 30 to eat minutes while their prospects develop, and a 1st for Karlsson.

Penguins lose Kessel but have Sprong to fill RW and get the best D man in the league.

Florida loses a great prospect but gets Kessel who’s on a great contract and would really make their top 6 one of the best in the league. Also a guy to eventually replace Luongo.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
FWIW Erik Karlsson has been golfing with Zetterberg, Cleary and Filppula in Scotland, So if he does make it to UFA status next summer. Don't rule out Detroit as a possible destination he is friends with quite a few Wings players. But the same could be said with other teams as well.

Reactions: BigCanadian

Liver King

Jan 23, 2016
Ottawa isnt getting a Sergachev, Glass, or Heiskenan at the deadline. They need to rip the band aid off now before their fans think hes going back there and lose hope again.

if by rip the band aid you mean take a bad return, then no.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad