Rumor: Erik Karlsson Mega Thread IV - All rumors/speculation/proposals go here

Status
Not open for further replies.

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
Why would Tampa trade Sergachev AND Point if they could potentially get him for free?
Been going over it in my head, and I just can’t think of a trade where a superstar wanted out and the return was a good one.

Maybe St Louis out of Tampa I guess?

The home side just had so little leverage. Especially if the guy is an upcoming UFA

Reactions: DownIsTheNewUp

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
Been going over it in my head, and I just can’t think of a trade where a superstar wanted out and the return was a good one.

Maybe St Louis out of Tampa I guess?

The home side just had so little leverage. Especially if the guy is an upcoming UFA
Zach Parise?

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
I'd argue that trading Sergachev and Point would do more damage then good, even if its for Karlsson (this is assuming that Sergachev and Point are the only pieces involved in the trade). Karlsson would be a luxury item that Tampa does not need. What Tampa needs is a power forward with size for the 3rd or 4th line, which can be picked up at the trade deadline.

Their RD looks pretty weak moving forward.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Their RD looks pretty weak moving forward.

Sergachev can play the right side. Foote and Cernak both coming up soon. We can also re-sign Stralman next year if we cant sign Karlsson. Most likely not and I wouldnt bet on it but Stralman may even re-sign for cheap if we signed Karlsson so he can play with his Swedish friends and keep his family in Tampa. In the event we sign Karlsson we would have to move some salary. Maybe we move enough to the point where he would come back for a year or two. I dont know, point is with or without Karlsson we have options on the right side.

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
Sergachev can play the right side. Foote and Cernak both coming up soon. We can also re-sign Stralman next year if we cant sign Karlsson. Most likely not but Stralman may even re-sign for cheap in that event so he can play with his Swedish friends and keep his family in Tampa.

And Karlsson may be on his way down looking at his recent play.

Foote and Cernak may not make it.

Sergachev playing on his off side.

Looks promising!

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
And Karlsson may be on his way down looking at his recent play.

Foote and Cernak may not make it.

Sergachev playing on his off side.

Looks promising!

So do you think we will have an issue on the right side? I dont, SY is a really good GM and if there is an issue there he likely corrects it to the point where its workable. We still have Hedman and McDonagh and that is an excellent duo to build around. Looks more promising than most Ds in the league. To go with a great offense and young goalie in Vasi. I think Leaf fans should be more worried about our team than we are.

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
Thread still moving in circles. No idea why it's still open until something significant comes out of the Ottawa camp.
Because people come in to post stuff? Kind of like this.

Always confusing to see people willingly enter a thread and post about how it doesn't make sense that it's still open.

You know it'd like...go away if people stopped posting in it, right?

Jerzey Devil

Jerzey-Duz-It
Jun 11, 2010
St. Augustine, FL
Parise was an FA signing.

Yup. Jersey didn’t get shit for him. We had him for the Stanley Cup run in 11 but he had already checked out by then.

The majority of the Devils fan base disagrees with me about this but I still believe that had Lou traded him the summer before (with a year left on his contract) we still would have made the cup finals in 11. We could have gotten a really nice package for him especially from Minnesota.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
It's funny how belligerent Lightning fans were in here for 4 threads hammering away under the belief that Karlsson has a 10-team acceptable trade list.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
It's funny how belligerent Lightning fans were in here for 4 threads hammering away under the belief that Karlsson has a 10-team acceptable trade list.

That was my mistake. I thought it was 10 game list but it was 20. I was corrected soon after though. I havent seen many other with that belief though.

Reactions: LuG61

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Sergachev prefers his off side so yes, our defense does look quite promising.:thumbu:

It's not like it takes much to play on Hedman's pairing either. Stralman could probably play that role into his mid 30's

Last edited:

Liver King

Jan 23, 2016
Maybe after Ceci/Stone are signed at the end of the week Karlsson trade talk will heat up!

this has dragged on way to long lmao

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Yup. Jersey didn’t get **** for him. We had him for the Stanley Cup run in 11 but he had already checked out by then.

The majority of the Devils fan base disagrees with me about this but I still believe that had Lou traded him the summer before (with a year left on his contract) we still would have made the cup finals in 11. We could have gotten a really nice package for him especially from Minnesota.
Eh... I think Minnesota probably would have just waited that one out.

Jerzey Devil

Jerzey-Duz-It
Jun 11, 2010
St. Augustine, FL
Eh... I think Minnesota probably would have just waited that one out.

I doubt it. Fletcher was very hungry for some top end talent and especially hungry to bring in some hometown talent in Parise and Suter. I think we could have gotten a very sweet package for Parise especially with a whole year left on the deal.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
I doubt it. Fletcher was very hungry for some top end talent and especially hungry to bring in some hometown talent in Parise and Suter. I think we could have gotten a very sweet package for Parise especially with a whole year left on the deal.
It sounds like Leipold was hungrier for it than Fletcher was, and just going by history his sights were probably primarily on Suter.

Regardless, the Wild didn't have the pieces for a "sweet package" at that point in time. We were just getting to the point where guys like Granlund, Coyle and Zucker were graduating to the NHL, with Brodin close. Behind them we weren't exactly flush with prospects, so trading away prime futures wasn't likely to be on the table. The NHL roster at that point had... well, take a look for yourself. There was nothing appealing there that we didn't desperately need*.

The best they could have given up would have been something like Bulmer/Larsson + 3rd.

*Except for Clutterbuck, apparently. Thanks, Garth.

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
It sounds like Leipold was hungrier for it than Fletcher was, and just going by history his sights were probably primarily on Suter.

Regardless, the Wild didn't have the pieces for a "sweet package" at that point in time. We were just getting to the point where guys like Granlund, Coyle and Zucker were graduating to the NHL, with Brodin close. Behind them we weren't exactly flush with prospects, so trading away prime futures wasn't likely to be on the table. The NHL roster at that point had... well, take a look for yourself. There was nothing appealing there that we didn't desperately need*.

The best they could have given up would have been something like Bulmer/Larsson + 3rd.

*Except for Clutterbuck, apparently. Thanks, Garth.
Boy are there ever some names on that roster that I forgot ever existed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->