Rumor: Erik Karlsson Mega Thread IV - All rumors/speculation/proposals go here

Status
Not open for further replies.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
So a cap tight contender can afford him under their cap.

Any team that thinks they have a real chance at the cup would pay a lot for a Karls at 3 million.
Jesus are you kidding me. Senators retain on a Karlsson trade?

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
They are going to let him walk for nothing aren't they?

This is was on Craigslist....

FREE TO A GOOD HOME
Jersey and old guy not included
935671781732e5830c6ce336ca915e35

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
Retain money to move Karlsson? Is that a joke? This is a team whose ownership wants to include a 30M poison pill in the deal right now for purely financial reasons. Get a grip.

Reactions: branch

Aoko

Order has now fallen.
Dec 14, 2017
Holy **** he didn't get traded yet?

Wasting everyone's time. [mod]
Contrary to popular opinion, they aren't really inclined to give him away to your team, my team, or any team. I realize that you're probably frustrated because the rumours at the beginning of this month led us to believe he'd be moved fairly quickly. But it should be repeated that those rumours were just that: at the beginning of the month.

[mod]

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: uncleben

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
Just curious. How many deals were reported in connection to this guys?

As i know, Vegas GM created 2 real offers. One on the trade deadline and one in the off-season. Any info about the package?

Then there was Dallas: Heiskanen as part of the deal. Again, any info about another players included?

Tampa Bay was (is?) the front-runner: Sergachev was rumored, but nothing else to know.

San Jose Sharks, NY Rangers and NY Islanders were others mentioned.

Are there any other know offers? At best with some links, that could be verified. Not Eklund.

vippe

Mar 18, 2008
Sweden
Been enjoying my summer not reading this thread.. but hockey is slowly starting to flow in my blood veins again and I wanna know what is up here.

What do most believe? Is he getting traded in the off season? Dead line? or not at all or perhaps even get re-signed :O

hairylikebear

///////////////
Apr 30, 2009
Houston
Then there was Dallas: Heiskanen as part of the deal. Again, any info about another players included?

Heiskanen, specifically, was off limits. We know that the offer was centered around Honka, but we're not sure exactly what else was offered.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
The Sens will not be retaining on EK. Teams will adjust accordingly, which could include assets returning to Ottawa or LTIR on some of their roster, if applicable.

The market will be large and extremely competitive, both to add a player of this calibre for the Stanley Cup run and to keep him out of another rivals lineup.

Dorion can (and should) play the rivals of against each other. Hopefully this will allow him to screw over the teams that have been lowballing him to this point in the process.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
Heiskanen, specifically, was off limits. We know that the offer was centered around Honka, but we're not sure exactly what else was offered.
We know that an offer without Heiskanen was not acceptable to the Sens.

Time for one of the teams to step up and offer a deal that is significantly better than the Sens could get at the TDL.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
The
Dorion can (and should) play the rivals of against each other. Hopefully this will allow him to screw over the teams that have been lowballing him to this point in the process.

EK is firmly in the driver's seat not Dorion.

How do we know this? Because there is a tweet with a link from around draft weekend, where it was reported that the isles wanted EK and were willing to take on Ryan's $29m cap dump to get EK,but his refusal to sign an extension ended tbose trade talks.

So the questions are where does EK want to play for the next 7/8 seasons,
what team is willing to give up top cost controlled assets for him and can that team give him a front loaded, bonus filled deal that is lock out proof?

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
EK is firmly in the driver's seat not Dorion.

How do we know this? Because there is a tweet with a link from around draft weekend, where it was reported that the isles wanted EK and were willing to take on Ryan's $29m cap dump to get EK,but his refusal to sign an extension ended tbose trade talks.

So the questions are where does EK want to play for the next 7/8 seasons,
what team is willing to give up top cost controlled assets for him and can that team give him a front loaded, bonus filled deal that is lock out proof?
EK isn't signing with anyone until the Sens are sold (or next July 1st)

He is in the drivers seat and wants to stay in Ottawa.

Reactions: Silencio

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002

That is what Ottawa fans should be hoping for because I do not see teams battling each other, giving up top youngsters for a soon to be ufa who will not sign an extension and whose management is trying to force a $29m cap dump into the deal.

Reactions: DANTHEMAN1967

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills

This is where I would put my money.
I believe Karlsson wants to stay in Ottawa. I also think Melnyk is in the process of selling the team.
Just wish he would get on with it!!

Sting

Feb 8, 2004
The prevailing belief is, as some have reported in here, that EK wants to remain in Ottawa for a long time.

I'm sure the idea of going to Tampa has been entertained but my guess is that didn't get anywhere.

I don't think Dallas will part with Heiskanen, and I am not entirely sure if Vegas makes sense either.

That doesn't leave a whole lot of suitors that are actual contenders.

While I don't think that a sale is imminent (we can hope, though), I suspect this one will drag on for a while until it's resolved. I would guess he is more likely to be re-signed.

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
If EK really, truly wanted out of Ottawa a trade request would have been leaked like they always do.
I mean it was reported pretty consistently last TDL that he wanted out and preferred it happen sooner rather than later, but OK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad