Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
Holy f*** he didn't get traded yet?

Wasting everyone's time. [mod]

Last edited by a moderator:

Mikeaveli

Sep 25, 2013
Edmonton, AB
There's no way Karlsson is traded to Tampa. In 8 years as GM Yzerman has not drafted a single Swedish player and has traded for a total of 1; Anders Lindbäck in a package deal where he wasn't even the main returning piece.

He hates our guts, probably had a bad experience with Holmström in Detroit.
Actually SFY drafted Magnus Chrona 152nd overall this past draft. And he did sign Stralman as a UFA. But I do agree that he doesn't seem to be eager to add Swedish players.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Does anyone know what Chris Stevenson wrote in his article on the Athletic today about Karlsson, He interviewed him at the Canadian Open after his pro-am round

Healthy DiPietro

Jan 4, 2014
Actually SFY drafted Magnus Chrona 152nd overall this past draft. And he did sign Stralman as a UFA. But I do agree that he doesn't seem to be eager to add Swedish players.

Hmm, I thought Chrona was Czech or something, but then again Yzerman probably did too, so maybe that's why he drafted him to start with.

BruinsFan37

Jun 26, 2015
They traded Hoffman, that means to me that the Sens management is trying to keep Karlsson.

Which means he probably ends up walking in free agency.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
They traded Hoffman, that means to me that the Sens management is trying to keep Karlsson.

Which means he probably ends up walking in free agency.

They're trying to keep Karlsson by offering him a contract they knew he wouldn't accept, not offering him another one, and letting teams negotiate an extension with him?

Reactions: DANTHEMAN1967

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
And they arent going to get that return, so the longer they wait the more his value will drop.

Meh. It's a risk you take. Its really hard to even say what the return would be right now but from the sounds of it Ottawa is holding out for a top tier young player. If you arent getting what you want right now, what are you missing out on by waiting?

Reactions: CupsOverCash

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
They didnt trade their franchise player for a return that they don't feel worthy? Such a joke.

Trying to bank on one player to fix the dozens of mistakes the franchise made instead of moving forward is a joke. Not filling stadiums is a joke

Geoff72

Mar 25, 2015
Toronto
There's no way Karlsson is traded to Tampa. In 8 years as GM Yzerman has not drafted a single Swedish player and has traded for a total of 1; Anders Lindbäck in a package deal where he wasn't even the main returning piece.

He hates our guts, probably had a bad experience with Holmström in Detroit.

I get it now, Kyle Wilson was the main piece coming back to Tampa. The handful of games he played in the 'cuse was cause for great joy. I meanWTF does SY think he is trying to make Lindback our starting goalie?

Also, Last month Yzerman drafted his first Swede. A goalie no less.

And I will bet he absolutely hated that scrub of a Swede in Lidstrom in Detroit.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Trying to bank on one player to fix the dozens of mistakes the franchise made instead of moving forward is a joke. Not filling stadiums is a joke

I'll take your word for it. You would know a lot about what makes a franchise a joke. Few would have better experience then yourself.

Reactions: Ridley Simon

Duncstar

Sep 1, 2017
Ottawa
Does anyone know what Chris Stevenson wrote in his article on the Athletic today about Karlsson, He interviewed him at the Canadian Open after his pro-am round
Yeah I read it last night. No comment on the contract/trade talks, but talked about how his ankle felt. Called it the new normal, and that he feels 110%. He's ready to go for next year and I feel like he's got something to prove.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
This is probably more the GM's putting things to rest for the summer (cut off date to deal)and get back to things in Aug./Sept.

GM's and owners have lifes beyond hockey, too.

Reactions: CupsOverCash

Ajaton Azer

A small hamster
Dec 5, 2005
Spandex
I think that Erik Karlsson in Tampa would be very nice fit. Unfortunately it is quite hard to find pieces that both Steve Yzerman and that Ottawa GM can have a good look and have an agreement with. All being said it should be nice to see Karlsson being Bolt!

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
I don't think this is going to happen, as I said last month.

I suspect Karlsson to be dealt as a rental (@50% salary) to a contender willing to pay the most at the deadline.

Then Karlsson will enter free agency.
Why would the Sens need to retain 50%?

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
Ryan Whitney talked to Karlsson and said that over half the league has contacted Karlsson to discuss a contract with him. Karlsson doesnt know where he will be playing this year.

Reactions: branch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad