Rumor: Erik Karlsson Mega Thread IV - All rumors/speculation/proposals go here

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
Erik Karlsson's ankle injury with a chunk of his ankle bone totally removed is like a bent frame on an original Shelby Mustang; you'll get buyers for sure but they're not paying mint prices.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
Erik Karlsson's ankle injury with a chunk of his ankle bone totally removed is like a bent frame on an original Shelby Mustang; you'll get buyers for sure but they're not paying mint prices.
Clearly, you did not watch Karlsson perform in 2018.

With a full off season of training, EK is going to remind everyone that he is a top 3 player in the league.

The Sens should hold on to him while his value increases and a sale of the team is worked out. If the sale doesn't happen before the TDL, then put him on the market and watch teams go into a frenzy trying to add him/prevent rivals from adding him.

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
Clearly, you did not watch Karlsson perform in 2018.

With a full off season of training, EK is going to remind everyone that he is a top 3 player in the league.

The Sens should hold on to him while his value increases and a sale of the team is worked out. If the sale doesn't happen before the TDL, then put him on the market and watch teams go into a frenzy trying to add him/prevent rivals from adding him.

VERY debatable, although I understand you are not objective on this topic. What I'm wondering is, will he be a top 3 defenseman next season? Not sure how much his value will increase, especially since he would probably be miserable having to put on that Sens uniform again. Time to move on. It's a shame that franchise has become such a mess.

Reactions: ColoradoCanes

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
VERY debatable, although I understand you are not objective on this topic. What I'm wondering is, will he be a top 3 defenseman next season? Not sure how much his value will increase, especially since he would probably be miserable having to put on that Sens uniform again. Time to move on. It's a shame that franchise has become such a mess.
Thanks for offering your biased opinion

EK loves being a Senator and wants to stay in Ottawa, but not for this owner. He'll have no problem pulling on a Sens jersey and representing a city he loves.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Thanks for offering your biased opinion

EK loves being a Senator and wants to stay in Ottawa, but not for this owner. He'll have no problem pulling on a Sens jersey and representing a city he loves.

If that were true, and he really did enjoy playing in Kanata, he'd have signed an extension already instead of rejecting their lowball offer.

But with Melnyk running the show, and the whole toxic atmosphere that was prevalent last season, it really doesn't seem like he wants to stick around.

I hope Dorion makes that trade soon.....seems like it's holding up a lot of other moves around the league, and EK's value will only diminish as the next trade deadline nears. Less money for a rental, y'know? :help:

Reactions: FirstRowUpperDeck

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
what a tease that was a few weeks back when rumors were out that a deal to Tampa has been done pending a league call!!!

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
Tampa fans have become arrogant ********s around here for whatever reason.
Aside from the obvious trolls that people just love to interact with and then complain about, Tampa fans just aren't willing to gut their team when EK does not hold the value Sens fans perceive he does for several reasons. If that makes us arrogant...meh.

Duncstar

Sep 1, 2017
Ottawa
I think we should resign him and trade Stone. Younger prime asset to get back a good package with.

Then we can trade Karlsson if he really still isn't digging it.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
How did we go from Karlsson being traded to the Senators being sold?

Some Sens fans seem to believe everything would be sunshine and rainbows for Karlsson in Ottawa, if only the mean old grumpy Mister Melnyk sold the team.

As a result, the sale of the Sens has been much speculated - even if I don't think there's been much indication from Melnyk that he's looking/willing to sell. Seems like the Sens (and their fans) are stuck with him. Sucks for Karlsson, since it will most likely expedite his departure.

GrantLemons

Church of FYOUS
Feb 3, 2013
Ottawa, ON

Why bother posting about something you clearly know nothing about?

Assuming health, there is no reason to believe EK won't be a top 3 defenseman in the league. He just had one of the worst seasons of his life (both team performance on the ice AND off ice issues) and he still managed 62pts in 71 games. He also had no training camp and was coming off major foot surgery.

He won't be miserable, because it's highly likely he doesn't want to leave. There's a reason we haven't heard about EK requesting a trade or wanting to leave, because it didn't happen. This is all ownership trying to save $$ and wait out the new arena deal in order to maximize profit on a sale.

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
Aside from the obvious trolls that people just love to interact with and then complain about, Tampa fans just aren't willing to gut their team when EK does not hold the value Sens fans perceive he does for several reasons. If that makes us arrogant...meh.

I am talking about the constant mocking of Sens fans over the state of their franchise...seems really unnecessary. As if Sens fans had anything to do with the Sens collapse or that Tampa Bay fans had any impact on their franchise being currently successful.

Spartachat

Aug 2, 2016
Ottawa
If only Karlsson would want to go to Montreal or Edmonton. They are the only teams with a GM worse than Dorion.

GrantLemons

Church of FYOUS
Feb 3, 2013
Ottawa, ON
Some Sens fans seem to believe everything would be sunshine and rainbows for Karlsson in Ottawa, if only the mean old grumpy Mister Melnyk sold the team.

As a result, the sale of the Sens has been much speculated - even if I don't think there's been much indication from Melnyk that he's looking/willing to sell. Seems like the Sens (and their fans) are stuck with him. Sucks for Karlsson, since it will most likely expedite his departure.

What most fans are hoping for is competent ownership that doesn't operate on a shoe string budget, meddle in hockey ops decisions, threaten relocation, and that will quite simply invest in the success of the team (like, you know, what owners are supposed to do).

If sunshine and rainbows came with it, I'd be downright gitty.

Reactions: Dr Pepper

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
If that were true, and he really did enjoy playing in Kanata, he'd have signed an extension already instead of rejecting their lowball offer.

But with Melnyk running the show, and the whole toxic atmosphere that was prevalent last season, it really doesn't seem like he wants to stick around.

I hope Dorion makes that trade soon.....seems like it's holding up a lot of other moves around the league, and EK's value will only diminish as the next trade deadline nears. Less money for a rental, y'know? :help:
This isnt true. EK has said many times he loves it in Ottawa and there has been inside reports on it aswell. There is one huge problem and that is Melnyk. Melnyk, Dorion, Alfredsson etc etc all know this. If Sens can get a new and good owner i think EK really wanna stay in Ottawa.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad