Erik Karlsson does it again

SenzZen

RIP, GOAT
Jan 31, 2011
Ottawa
Really tough to see. No reason to miss the puck there, obviously. Probably would have made more sense for Vlasic to go up the boards there instead of putting the puck in the same direction all 3 Kings forwards were heading.

Guess that wasn't included in the gif for a reason, though.

Slow day I guess for a thread celebrating a basic miss handling of the puck.
For a player who's not a rat and doesn't have a history of dirty plays, it's strange how much ire Karlsson draws on these boards.

Reactions: Nihiliste

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
Really tough to see. No reason to miss the puck there, obviously. Probably would have made more sense for Vlasic to go up the boards there instead of putting the puck in the same direction all 3 Kings forwards were heading.

For a player who's not a rat and doesn't have a history of dirty plays, it's strange how much ire Karlsson draws on these boards.

Pretty sure it's not Karlsson that draws the ire.......

Reactions: nbwingsfan

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
Metrics don't matter when your teammates see you bail mid-scoring chance to get some Gatorade on the bench lol
Yes he was bad on that one play. No idea what was going through his head. Imthere are videos and threads about plays even worse out of mcdavid and esoecially driasaitl this year too. Can i assume you think theyre terrible?

Hes been very good this year though.

Reactions: Ghetty Green

Butch 19

Go cart Mozart
May 12, 2006
Geographical Oddity

Really? You can't figure out why this just "seems to happen?"

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Oh right I forgot it's a hf rule to have at least one bash Karlsson thread active at all times for losers to post in.

Seriously this is the 4th thread about him this season and the dude is washed up. People are obsessed.
Maybe he should try playing better

Reactions: BillPrep and Sol

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Nah, that's Pittsburgh.
Not sure about that. Theyre still a playoff team and have a few assets they can trade for a big haul when they need to rebuild.

San Jose is stuck with like $27M tied up for the next 5+ years on three D who aren't any good now and immoveable without major retention or added assets

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Man, the heaping irony of 'one play doesn't' define a player' posts not even 48 hours after that 'other thread' in which many participants did exactly that :laugh:

EK probably didn't do himself any favors being glued down there but to his credit the Staples Center ice has been total dogshit all year. Every game you'll see guys tripping over the blueline and the puck taking an extra skip or finding a puddle like it's the local 75 year old rink.

Vlasic though...yeesh. Guy skipped the Father Time career wind-down and it's like Death itself is waiting at the bench for him.

SenzZen

RIP, GOAT
Jan 31, 2011
Ottawa
Man, the heaping irony of 'one play doesn't' define a player' posts not even 48 hours after that 'other thread' in which many participants did exactly that :laugh:

EK probably didn't do himself any favors being glued down there but to his credit the Staples Center ice has been total dogshit all year. Every game you'll see guys tripping over the blueline and the puck taking an extra skip or finding a puddle like it's the local 75 year old rink.

Vlasic though...yeesh. Guy skipped the Father Time career wind-down and it's like Death itself is waiting at the bench for him.
What a place! Can’t wait for the next incarnation. Both sides are guilty of pettiness and hypocrisy.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Problem for EK seems to be between the ears these days. Going through what he went through it makes total sense. People don't recover from that sort of thing regardless of how much money they have.

BoardsofCanada

Aug 26, 2009
G.T.A.
I think with Karlsson, things came relatively easy for him in his twenties. He was so naturally gifted that he didn't have to think too much about it. Now that he's thirty, it's not coming so easy. For thirty year olds, to stay in the upper echelon of star players, they have to train like beasts and live in the gym. Not to mention the diet and lifestyle they have to maintain off the ice.

I am guessing this is not Karlsson.. I don't know this for fact, but I suspect he doesn't have the work ethic needed to be a star player in his 30s.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad