Erik Karlsson does it again

Scorvat

Mar 17, 2015
Kings fans have nothing going for them this season? Isn't your team filled with young exciting prospects. Revenge thread for the Doughty one a few days ago? Not sure why we need a hate thread for a play that Canucks dman do 5 times a period.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Haven’t watched the Sharks at all this season but he looked pretty bad last year already.... and he was noticeable regressing even before that. Tough break for the Sharks organization, tried so hard and for so long to win the cup then made a desperation move with the EK gamble. Now the heart and soul of that core is gone in Big Joe and Little Joe... team doesn’t look to have a direction any time soon.

TheHelmet

Feb 10, 2021
Pat Laftonaines Trophy Room
Karlsson is primary example of why you don't dish out massive deals to offensive d-men who have no idea how to play defense. I hope Canucks front office is paying attention. Quinn Hughes is headed in the same direction.

You can shelter offensive d-men with the right partners
Rielly has had atrocious underlying defensive numbers for years
same with Krug for a number of years

nobody

Aug 8, 2017
You can shelter offensive d-men with the right partners
Rielly has had atrocious underlying defensive numbers for years
same with Krug for a number of years

Rielly and Krug aren't getting paid big $$. At least nowhere near what EK has and what Hughes will probably get.

Reactions: Voight

SENSational

Mar 26, 2004
Ottawa
I know it's possible he's got family stuff weighing down on him. However Karlsson was never known to be good at defense so I don't think that's the case. He was making a bunch of turnovers and errors in the D zone as a Sen.

uhhh no, EK was never a defensive liability in Ottawa, especially so pre-Cooke injury.

Really sad to see that he's a shell of his former self.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
Wait, insecure Sens fans are making excuses for the generational defenseman Erik Karlsson?! My God he’s terrible, has been for the past few years. His decline is as steep as the Grand Canyon.

You’re right, Karlsson has been bad the past few seasons and his decline was pretty steep. Somethings in the water in California, clearly!

Reactions: xVolchenkov

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Was glad we lost the EK trade sweepstakes then, especially glad now.
I can't remember if they were confirmed but there was rumors flying around back then that Tampa and Ottawa had a deal pretty much done but Melnyk didn't want him in the same division. That was the one good move he's made. :laugh:

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki
This kind of shit happens. No big deal in my eyes.

Still, Karlsson is definitely never going to be what he was and he is overpaid as hell.

Reactions: CanuckCity

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
Karlsson is primary example of why you don't dish out massive deals to offensive d-men who have no idea how to play defense. I hope Canucks front office is paying attention. Quinn Hughes is headed in the same direction.
Except that Karlsson was absolutely worth big money until quite recently, and he happens to be 10 years older than QH, but sweet narrative you're pushing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad