Erik Karlsson does it again

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Another bash Karlsson thread. Looks like the puck sticks. I bet that happened to Lidstrom and Doug Harvey and Hedman from time to time.

Reactions: Eisen

Amazinmets73

Dec 1, 2015
Uhhh, doughty has 11 points in 13 games with some excellent defensive metrics, on a rebuilding team..... He wasn't very good last year, but he's been VERY good this year.

He hasn't been good at all. We have an entire thread on this.

SPF6ty9

Feb 22, 2016
Caca Poopoo Peepee Shire
The Sharks would be better off giving him a year off and see if things got any better.

Not sure that would work out. Since Karlsson is apparently someone who doesn't like to workout. Used to play his way into shape in Ottawa like it was the 80s all over again.

I think the talent and ability is still there to be a top tier defender, but he's not 25 anymore, he needs to put in the work to keep up. If he did that I think it's still in him to be a Norris caliber defenseman, but I'm not sure if he's interested in doing that.

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
Another bash Karlsson thread. Looks like the puck sticks. I bet that happened to Lidstrom and Doug Harvey and Hedman from time to time.
Its just one small play (of many though). But it doesnt look to me like it stuck. Look at it again. He just misses it. Hisbstick isnt on the ice.

xVolchenkov

Jun 21, 2011
Ottawa
Yeah, Karlsson hasn’t been great for some time now but the fact that a Kings fan made this thread in retaliation for the Doughty one is sad and pathetic. Your insecurity is showing buddy.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
Turnovers like this happen literally every game to every player. But only for Karlsson do they result in a 4 page thread in half a day lol

this thread says more about kings fans than Karlsson tbh

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
To be fair I remember thinking that this blueline would be crazy scary. Both Burns and EK were superstars offensive D nearing PPG, and you could basically always have one of them on the ice. They also had Vlasic as an awesome defensive D to shelter one of them, and Dillon who was pretty good defensively for the other. Just a little too late for the Sharks who should have went full rebuilt mode with the impending decline of Thornton and Marleau and aging Burns/Vlasic. They had some good youth coming too it's really a shame.

As for Karlsson, he had an insane run for SIX seasons, that's not a flash in the pan. I don't know if its his game that aged like shit, the foot injury, his personal life or a combination of all that make him look so bad now but he's really not living to that contract. I wonder if the Sharks will find a way out or if EK will retire midway through, but leaving so much money on the table? I guess if he really stopped caring and got out of shape they could out him like that...

5 years is a different world in today's NHL but I think the timeline is even worst... They burnt through their picks and seems like they have a pretty bad prospect pool unless I'm mistaken? They have good young guys like Donato, Meier, Labanc but then in 5 years they'll need some support since Couture/Kane will most probably be out or bad. Unless they manage to trade their bad contracts... at the expense of picks/players? I think they're entering a good 10 years of rebuild if they don't start to make some homeruns quick
For sure agree. I was being generous with the 5+ years. I think they have possibly the worst future outlook of any team in the NHL..pretty bad for a franchise who only managed one finals run during their competing years

Reactions: abo9

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Turnovers like this happen literally every game to every player. But only for Karlsson do they result in a 4 page thread in half a day lol

this thread says more about kings fans than Karlsson tbh
Only Karlsson is paid $11am a year for all around brutal play too though. This isn't a one off play.

fsanford

Jul 4, 2009
Doughty and Karlsson belong in the AHL. What falls from grace.

Last year I would yes for Doughty, but he has bounced back in a big way this year, still has those brain cramps, but for people who actually watch the games they can see he has bounced back pretty well

I don't watch Karlsson night in and night out, so will defer to Sharks fans on his skills, he was not good in the 2 games against LA.

foggyvisor

Jun 28, 2018
Uhhh, doughty has 11 points in 13 games with some excellent defensive metrics, on a rebuilding team..... He wasn't very good last year, but he's been VERY good this year.

Metrics don't matter when your teammates see you bail mid-scoring chance to get some Gatorade on the bench lol

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
Only Karlsson is paid $11am a year for all around brutal play too though. This isn't a one off play.

This play can happen to 11 mill players too. There's nothing special about it aside from the insecurity it triggered in king's fans.

Like 11 mill Doughty never mishandles the puck :rolleyes:

fsanford

Jul 4, 2009
Metrics don't matter when your teammates see you bail mid-scoring chance to get some Gatorade on the bench lol

So how many Kings games you watch this year start to finish? Trying to gauge how informed your opinion is.

Like I said Doughty has those brain cramps, but overall his game has been very solid, especially given that Kings are rotating d men night in and night out, last night iced last night 3 D men age 23 or less playing in their first NHL season.

Last edited:

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
This play can happen to 11 mill players too. There's nothing special about it aside from the insecurity it triggered in king's fans.

Like 11 mill Doughty never mishandles the puck :rolleyes:
You're still not getting it. This isnt the first time hes been this bad. Hes played like a $2M defenseman all season. This play just sums up his overall play

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
You're still not getting it. This isnt the first time hes been this bad. Hes played like a $2M defenseman all season. This play just sums up his overall play

Oh right I forgot it's a hf rule to have at least one bash Karlsson thread active at all times for losers to post in.

Seriously this is the 4th thread about him this season and the dude is washed up. People are obsessed.

Mac Attack

Beefy Legs
Aug 15, 2018
Is the dude at least going to start putting up okay points? I need to know if I need to ditch him in fantasy lol

Reactions: Wats

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->