Not open for further replies.

Megaterio Llamas

el rey del mambo
Oct 29, 2011
North Shore
PaPSVmA.gif

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
All I can say is that Erik Gudbranson gives me a new found appreciation for Lucas Sbisa that I previously never had.

Well to be fair Sbisa is more spectacularly incompetent a few times a game, whereas Guddy is quietly incompetent most of the game.

But they are both incompetent in their own way that can only be described as spectacularly consistent.

bbud

Sep 10, 2008
BC
We need to compile a list of all the Guddy quotes about protecting and sticking up for the young players. I'm not happy that this happened, but I'm happy that Guddy is probably going to get lit up like a christmas tree over the lack of any kind of retribution. Dude's a fake tough guy and he's gonna take a beating from media and the fans in the coming days.

He did what his coach told him !

Curmudgeon

Aug 18, 2018
I actually like Gudbranson and think he's been providing adequate play as a 3rd pairing, right side defenseman.

Unfortunately the Canucks gave up two better assets to acquire him, are now shelling out $4.5 million per season on an extension, and he's currently receiving pretty much 2nd pairing ice time. After 5 games, Gudbranson is 10th on the team in hits behind such notable bangers as Sven Baertschi, Ben Hutton, and Markus Granlund and only 1 hit above Elias Pettersson.

The Canucks have the wrong "Guddy" for what they need on the 3rd pairing right side, they should have gone out and acquired a cheaper and extremely more abrasive Radko Gudas.

Reactions: Megaterio Llamas

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
This was the perfect opportunity to step up and answer all the talk over the years since he's been acquired, and he just let it go.

However, if Green told him not to do anything, the blame lies with him. Gudbranson has to listen to his coach or he won't be playing, of course he isn't going to take Matheson's head off as it likely means a major penalty and possibly losing the game. And then getting into his coach's bad books.

canadianmagpie

Jan 26, 2010
This was the perfect opportunity to step up and answer all the talk over the years since he's been acquired, and he just let it go.

However, if Green told him not to do anything, the blame lies with him. Gudbranson has to listen to his coach or he won't be playing, of course he isn't going to take Matheson's head off as it likely means a major penalty and possibly losing the game. And then getting into his coach's bad books.

It's harder for a defenseman to go after another defenseman without it being too obvious. In my opinion, it should have been Roussel going after him. Matheson wouldn't drop the gloves with someone who's 3 inches taller and 30 pounds heavier, Roussel is more of an even fight. Pity we don't have a Rypien-type character anymore, 4th line guy who can take on all-comers.

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
It's harder for a defenseman to go after another defenseman without it being too obvious. In my opinion, it should have been Roussel going after him. Matheson wouldn't drop the gloves with someone who's 3 inches taller and 30 pounds heavier, Roussel is more of an even fight. Pity we don't have a Rypien-type character anymore, 4th line guy who can take on all-comers.

Roussel is coming off a major concussion and is in no shape to be fighting anybody.

elwin316

Jun 4, 2009
He did what his coach told him !

This seems like the most likely scenario given Green's post game comments. I wanted to see blood as much as anyone else, but I don't think any one had the go ahead from Green. Next game against Florida will be interesting though.

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Well to be fair Sbisa is more spectacularly incompetent a few times a game, whereas Guddy is quietly incompetent most of the game.

But they are both incompetent in their own way that can only be described as spectacularly consistent.
I don't know about that. Gudbranson can be spectacularly incompetent with the best of them. (and Sbisa can be quietly incompetent quite often as well).

I would say Gudbranson is just more of both, with fewer redeeming qualities, and while being less likeable. Sbisa at least has some physical tools and puck skills.

Last edited:
Reactions: geebaan

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
Erik Mcgregor. All talk no action.
LMAO guy watched one MMA fight and thinks McGregor isn’t a good fighter.

The guy had two belts at once, losing to the best pound for pound fighter in the sport after a two year hiatus doesn’t make McGregor “all talk and no action.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Anyone else getting "PROPER CLOTHES" adds featuring Gudbranson and his crummy tattoos???

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
I've found hf to be nigh-unusable without a solid adblocker. Sometimes at work when I get bored I'll check it on the company computer (which I can't alter) and see this site in all its commercial glory. No idea how people do it. Every page takes about two minutes to fully load, ads pop up that like to bump pages down so you end up clicking on them while the page loads, autoplaying videos...it's like a visual torture device.

However, I digress.

Reactions: rypper
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad