Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
Are you guys sure that's not this guy?

Milo Ventimiglia
MV5BMjAxODcyNzU2MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzA0ODMxOQ@@._V1_SY1000_SX666_AL_.jpg

bbud

Sep 10, 2008
BC
I don't think any coach would have objected to some good, clean hits.

Exactly a good clean hit not go hunting Florida knew and they certainly were backed off afterwards was a pretty soft end to game .

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
Not if you have any aspirations of a long career you don't. It suggests that you don't have control of your team.

Yeah, an NHL coach is going to get fired because one of his players who has had his role described, in part, as "creating a safe working environment" for his team's prospects went out and played aggressively after one of his team's prospects got knocked out of the game. Happens all the time.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
Erik Gudbranson is probably a good guy but there is absolutely NO part of me that wants him playing hockey for the team I cheer for.

Just an embarrassment.

What about him indicates him being a good guy? All I get the sense of is that he has a high opinion of himself/air of entitlement from being a 3rd overall pick and somehow constantly getting a job.

Gudbranson is useless. I'd honestly be happy if they traded him at 50% retained for a 7th round draft pick. He does more harm than good.

The 2nd best outcome with Gudbranson after last season finished was letting Gudbranson walk for nothing, admitting our mistake, and moving on.

Huggy43

Jan 13, 2016
Burnaby, BC
What about him indicates him being a good guy? All I get the sense of is that he has a high opinion of himself/air of entitlement from being a 3rd overall pick and somehow constantly getting a job.
Listen, I’m not going to pretend like I know what he’s like off the ice....
After listening to Spittin Chiclets; I’ve had a lot of misconceptions of players I didn’t like broken after hearing them speak away from a formal hockey setting (where they can be more of themselves). That’s why he could probably be a good guy. I don’t know.

Shawn Mathias on the other hand? He seems like a douche. He’s on twitter making an ass of himself over the EP play because “someone has to be the heal”.

Last edited:

lawrence

May 19, 2012
dude is useless. the very least he can try to stick up for his teamates like Hamonic stuck up for dube. He's dead to me. Always liked the idea of a tough dman out there, so that way you don't have to purposely change Petterssons line just to have a tough guy out there, when we can simply deploy a tough dman to protect Petey. Heck he can't even "act" tough for crying out loud I don't want this guy on my team. I rather expect us to have no toughness then to have a false belief that Gudbranson will stick up for his teamates when in reality he wont and all he does his protect himself.

Can't Florida take him back? They like him there, no?

I woulnd't mind a trade even if its not for a player but a prospect and or a pick i'm ok. disgrace of a player.

member 290103

I agree.

Megaterio Llamas

el rey del mambo
Oct 29, 2011
North Shore
If Green wanted to send Gudbranson a message, and I'm sure he doesn't, but if he did he would scratch him for the return game vs Florida in Vancouver. Not that it would make any difference, but he would at least understand.

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
So the statement saying the game has changed. Can we get rid of Guddy and Roussel now? Because clearly the game has changed, what’s the point in keeping these plugs here.

Megaterio Llamas

el rey del mambo
Oct 29, 2011
North Shore
So the statement saying the game has changed. Can we get rid of Guddy and Roussel now? Because clearly the game has changed, what’s the point in keeping these plugs here.
Guddy doesn't really help in the old NHL either. Roussel, sure, but Guddy is completely useless in any circumstance.

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby
Green can't say "get em", but he could bench those guys tonight or he could have tapped someone like Virtanen or Gudbranson and said "I think you'll be a tough matchup for Matheson for tonight"

That hockey player is pretty! Pretty LOUSY....

He's a great D, plays like a pretty Housley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad