Player Discussion Erik Gudbranson

Status
Not open for further replies.

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
I wonder how many people in here saying it’s junk for junk are willing to put baertschi, granlund, virtannen, goldobin in the junk category cause McCann is putting up the same points while playing less time or being much younger.

Gonna be interesting to see who moves the goal posts

Reactions: Pavel96

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
McCann scored 30 even strength points last year in bottom six minutes with his most common linemates being Maxim Mamin and Jamie McGinn. You'd take that in a heartbeat over some of the garbage that was playing big minutes on this roster.

They also gave up the 33rd overall pick (basically a first rounder), that part of the trade is constantly ignored.

Either of those assets on their own would be infinitely more beneficial to this organization over a turd defenseman making 4 mil. They gave up both. Florida might've not won the trade, but the Canucks definitely lost it.
Given to what side of the argument you're on...a 31st overall pick (basically a 2nd rounder) or a 33rd overall pick (basically a first rounder)....take your pick.

Motte and Bailey

Jun 21, 2017
McCann is too soft and awful defensively to be a bottom 6 and not skilled enough to be a true top six guy you want on a winning team.

Look at what Panthers fans are saying about McCann: paper soft and invisible for most of the time and a defensive liability.

Combine that with Florida fan regretting losing Gudbrabson. It’s hard for me to imagine we lost the trade.

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
McCann is too soft and awful defensively to be a bottom 6 and not skilled enough to be a true top six guy you want on a winning team.

Look at what Panthers fans are saying about McCann: paper soft and invisible for most of the time and a defensive liability.

Combine that with Florida fan regretting losing Gudbrabson. It’s hard for me to imagine we lost the trade.

Florida got a Hobey Baker winner. They won the trade.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
If the trade had been simply been McCann and maybe a fifth for Gudbranson, then it's meh. But the high second (33rd overall) and the fourth rounder that Jimbo threw on to the pile is what really hurts.

Reactions: THE Green Man

dman34

May 6, 2011
This seems to happen every time Jimmy makes a trade unfortunately. He always seems to think he's getting the better player so he adds a pick or two to make things fair.

If the trade had been simply been McCann and maybe a fifth for Gudbranson, then it's meh. But the high second (33rd overall) and the fourth rounder that Jimbo threw on to the pile is what really hurts.

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site

I mean of course you being the bastion of even kneel outlook on benning moves says that. And I mean next year when gudbrandson gets 3x his career high in points with Quinn Hughes you might be right

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007

No, it still would have been pretty awful.

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
West Coast

Bet you thought he was good until he was traded.

Reactions: travis scott

Motte and Bailey

Jun 21, 2017
Bet you thought he was good until he was traded.

I did but was obviously wrong which does happen to everyone. Management or maybe coaching obviously saw something negative in McCann that I and a lot of fans didn’t see that made them think he should be traded and it looks like they were right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad