My Team is So Boring . . .

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
Try being a Sharks fan.

To me, Blake Coleman is like a really good player especially if you put him next to a Shark, which I do often.

Reactions: Tofveve

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
Hockey in general has become boring

I do think this is so true and mainly the fact that there is just too little space out. I'll watch those intl tourneys and it's just more speed, creativity, attacking space, bounce passes, more fun.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
I do think this is so true and mainly the fact that there is just too little space out. I'll watch those intl tourneys and it's just more speed, creativity, attacking space, bounce passes, more fun.
Expansion dilutes the league, international tourneys are fun because the talent level is sky high.

You can see a similar caliber with certain teams and games. Avs style of play is incredibly entertaining, the issue is that most teams don't have talent like Makar, Mackinnon, etc. to play that way.

So you end up with teams that play a simple game or a trap, which is often a snoozefest.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Weird. I love hockey, today and yesterday. I'd love a bit more toughness but the skill level and parity is at an all time high. So many great young players coming into the game.
Yep. Hockey is still great.

You know what's boring? Complaining about everything. That's why everyone is so f***ing bored. Sit on your phone complaining about everything expecting instant gratification.

My team is boring because we sign too many vets and don't get to watch the young players.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
You know what's boring? Complaining about everything. That's why everyone is so f***ing bored. Sit on your phone complaining about everything expecting instant gratification.
I mean, you're watching a sport... you expect it to be entertaining. If it's not, then you'd probably watch something else instead, right?

I've noticed that it's a lot of whacking around. Get into the zone and immediately you got 3 or 4 guys on you with the stick. Offense struggles to get started, and most of it is decided by gross defensive breakdowns(random 2 on 1 or breakaways), broken plays such as the puck deflecting off someone's ass, or power plays.

I still think that large ice and the extra room it gives makes for a more exciting game, as you can actually go around the defenders and this mass collapse strategy stops being so effective. For my liking, it is a bit too much about closing your eyes and praying.

Reactions: hotcabbagesoup

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
I mean, you're watching a sport... you expect it to be entertaining. If it's not, then you'd probably watch something else instead, right?

I've noticed that it's a lot of whacking around. Get into the zone and immediately you got 3 or 4 guys on you with the stick. Offense struggles to get started, and most of it is decided by gross defensive breakdowns(random 2 on 1 or breakaways), broken plays such as the puck deflecting off someone's ass, or power plays.

I still think that large ice and the extra room it gives makes for a more exciting game, as you can actually go around the defenders and this mass collapse strategy stops being so effective. For my liking, it is a bit too much about closing your eyes and praying.
The larger sheet of ice doesn't translate to a more loose, exciting game at all. Just more perimeter play and defensive structure.

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
My team is so boring... that fans of opposing teams call them them Mild.
And sometimes I do too.

My team is so boring... Mikko Koivu got his number retired.

*edit* Wait, is this not what this thread is supposed to be doing? Why am I the only one since the OP to do this?
You are way ahead of us, we are still trying to guess which team Coleman is on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad