Player Discussion Erik Gudbranson

Status
Not open for further replies.

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
But I thought bigger players are less prone to injury? Since Guddy is a tough customer who's supposed to protect the kids and deter other teams from taking cheap shots/dirty hits surely he could've protected himself against this too?

geebaan

7th round busted
Oct 27, 2012
But I thought bigger players are less prone to injury? Since Guddy is a tough customer who's supposed to protect the kids and deter other teams from taking cheap shots/dirty hits surely he could've protected himself against this too?

Still top 10 dumbest thing I’ve heard a GM say

Reactions: vanuck

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Good lord why don’t they just put me on the ice...oh right I’m not 6’4 and good looking
Haha your ugly too? Im taller than Gudbranson but far uglier :laugh:

Pavel96

Apr 7, 2015
Canucks' Erik Gudbranson: Injury lingers
Questionable for the game on the weekend, lol. So this will be one of his yearly 5-12 game injury spans, only to be followed up by him being shut down for the 5th season in a row? And yes, he missed the last game(s) of the season due to injury in 2018, 2017,2016,2015, and 2013. Only one year in his entire career has he been able to finish the season playing hockey.

Reactions: MS

pgj98m3

Jan 8, 2012
Questionable for the game on the weekend, lol. So this will be one of his yearly 5-12 game injury spans, only to be followed up by him being shut down for the 5th season in a row? And yes, he missed the last game(s) of the season due to injury in 2018, 2017,2016,2015, and 2013. Only one year in his entire career has he been able to finish the season playing hockey.
And, sadly, it’s a good thing for the Canucks.

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
When you’re so handsome everyone wants to knock you down a peg or two so injuries are inevitable.
So how do you deal with that problem (I'm ugly so I never have to worry about that)?

Notice how much better our D is without Poo or Guds?
Addition by subtraction.

Want to get a TON of dislikes on CDC? Say something negative about Guds.;)

Peter10

Dec 7, 2003
Germany

He is just resting for the playoffs. :sarcasm:

Reactions: mathonwy

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
So how do you deal with that problem (I'm ugly so I never have to worry about that)?

Addition by subtraction.

Want to get a TON of dislikes on CDC? Say something negative about Guds.;)
They actually like Gudbranson at the crap hole website? :biglaugh:

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
Gudbranson would have been a great defenceman 15 years ago. Unfortunately for him you can’t pin players against the boards, hook players to slow them down, slash or cross check players in the slot, etc. With how fast the game is today, you need to be able to pivot quickly, if your half a step behind that’s it your done. Quickness, Awareness, positioning, agility, and a good quick active stick is required to be an effective Dman in today’s game, Gudbranson doesn’t have any of these attributes.

Fire Benning

diaper filled piss baby
Oct 2, 2016
Hell
Gudbranson would have been a great defenceman 15 years ago. Unfortunately for him you can’t pin players against the boards, hook players to slow them down, slash or cross check players in the slot, etc. With how fast the game is today, you need to be able to pivot quickly, if your half a step behind that’s it your done. Quickness, Awareness, positioning, agility, and a good quick active stick is required to be an effective Dman in today’s game, Gudbranson doesn’t have any of these attributes.

Yep. There's no room in the NHL for big, slow defensemen who can't skate or move the puck. If you're in that category, you're a 5-6 at best. Gudbranson is basically terrible at everything so it might be a reach to even consider him to be that.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Looking back at that trade we made to Florida for Gubranson...It would be interesting to hear what other NHL GM's opinions of that trade are...

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Looking back at that trade we made to Florida for Gubranson...It would be interesting to hear what other NHL GM's opinions of that trade are...

I’m sure there would be plenty of GMs who played in the Jeff Beukeboom era who haven’t adjusted and still think a player like this is effective.

Doesn’t mean they’re right, and as we see proven over and over again, a huge percentage of these guys have absolutely no idea what they’re doing.

Reactions: Canadian Club
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad