Player Discussion Erik Brännström |5'10, 181lbs | Left Handed Defenceman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Answer

Dec 17, 2006
Edmonton
I'm talking about the Stone return.

Stone trade is by far the best trade we did. For once we got a Dollar rather 4 quarters (Karlsson's trade).

If it was up to you and both options available. Would you do this is exact same trade or re-sign stone, given our situation with the rebuilding and all?

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010
Stone trade is by far the best trade we did. For once we got a Dollar rather 4 quarters (Karlsson's trade).

If it was up to you and both options available. Would you do this is exact same trade or re-sign stone, given our situation with the rebuilding and all?

I'd re-sign Stone and it's not even close.

As for the trade I'm glad they went quality over quantity. Just saying they better be right about Brannstrom being a star.

Duncstar

Sep 1, 2017
Ottawa
I'd re-sign Stone and it's not even close.

As for the trade I'm glad they went quality over quantity. Just saying they better be right about Brannstrom being a star.
From prospect rankings I've seen, he projects as a top 4 LHD and not a superstar, but I'm fine with that. We just need to draft 1-2 more RHD and we're set on D.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Someone said he is Runblad 2.0?
rundblad played the game very slowly (I think he really suffered from going from us to the coyotes and gettingbounced around) but that's where his lack of success came from imo… brannstrom plays the game very fast

gretskidoo

Nov 26, 2011
Someone said he is Runblad 2.0?
Rundblad was trash in his own zone in every hockey game I ever saw, even in the WJC.

Not remotely comparable players, but they're both Swedish so some trolls will mention Rundblad. To start, Rundblad is actually 6'2/200lbs.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019

Berard for Redden is similar.

yzerman

Apr 23, 2017
Sweden
We had a top line of Dzingel, Duchene and Stone. One small size Defenseman is not going to replace what was traded away at this TDL and prior years.

I just trying to be positive for you guys :thumbu: i think you have a good load of picks now and maybe a better feeling around the team compared to last summer.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
I just trying to be positive for you guys :thumbu: i think you have a good load of picks now and maybe a better feeling around the team compared to last summer.

Oh yea for sure team is feeling great now ....

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
I think our best bet is to consider him a 3/4D, and (hopefully) be pleasantly surprised if he becomes a 2D in the NHL. The idea of pegging him to be a star because of all the talent we lost....it's not fair to the kid and sets expectations way too high.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa

It is difficult to have positive attitudes towards this team. The team is in a worse situation now without Zibanejad, Karlsson, Hoffman, Duchene, Stone, Dzingel and Brassard. It acquired one decent prospect in Brannstrom and a few lower level prospects in the latest trades plus some future draft picks that are likely not going to be in the top 10 each year. The on-ice product will be at the bottom of the league for several years. It is because of Melnyk and his lack of financial support for the team plus poor asset management by the GM. The coaching has been an issue ever since Murray was promoted to GM. All that is left is hope for the future. Unfortunately the team is still owned by Melnyk and managed by his crony GM.

Reactions: Sun God Nika

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
It is difficult to have positive attitudes towards this team. The team is in a worse situation now without Zibanejad, Karlsson, Hoffman, Duchene, Stone, Dzingel and Brassard. It acquired one decent prospect in Brannstrom and a few lower level prospects in the latest trades plus some future draft picks that are likely not going to be in the top 10 each year. The on-ice product will be at the bottom of the league for several years. It is because of Melnyk and his lack of financial support for the team plus poor asset management by the GM. The coaching has been an issue ever since Murray was promoted to GM. All that is left is hope for the future. Unfortunately the team is still owned by Melnyk and managed by his crony GM.

This team is basically one ownership change away from turning the corner. And the sooner it happens the further around the proverbial corner we'll get.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa

I think Brammstrom will be called up because the team is going to **** the bed and the GM will have to do something about it. The fickle finger of fate is pointing directly at Dorion now and Melnyk might get bitchy soon as the losses pile up.

[mod: filter]

Last edited by a moderator:

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
This team is basically one ownership change away from turning the corner. And the sooner it happens the further around the proverbial corner we'll get.

Getting a new owner is a necessity but the turn-around is going to take years because of the damage already done to the roster.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Will brannstrom get called up to play a few games this season?

Maybe.

If he does, he won't play anymore than 9 games or else he burns a year of his ELC and the Senators essentially lose a protection spot for the Seattle draft since he'd no longer be exempt. Which wouldn't make any sense.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
Brannstrom seems to use the slapper a lot from what I've seen so far. I think a lot of his success will be tied to his ability to get shots through at the next level. He's got the agility. There's a lot of Karlsson in his game. Moreso than the Chabot comparisons I think. Let's hope it progresses similarly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad