Player Discussion Erik Brännström |5'10, 181lbs | Left Handed Defenceman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013

53238248_2072735932810787_2531498967447896064_n.png

Wore the "C" for Sweden in the last world juniors.

Reactions: LDN and Clayonator

Mark Effin Stone

I miss Kuba
May 10, 2010
Stockholm
yes setting aside the shitshow that is our team, Erik Brännström is a good get. Hopefully they dont throw him into the fire straight away and atleast gets the last games down in Belleville.

Reactions: Sensators

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
Seriously though this kid is a legit 1st pairing defenseman within the next 2-3 years.

Having him and Chabot back there is going to be a nightmare for opposing teams.

Gotta think this sends Wolanin or Lajoie out in a trade. Probably Wolanin to be honest. He's a puck moving LD but he's not getting significant ice time ahead of Brannstrom or Chabot. If we could trade him for his equivalent but a RD then we're looking pretty good on the back end moving forward.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Honestly the amount of puck moving on our back end in a few years is gonna be... *Trump voice* tremendous...

Reactions: Sensators

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
You guys just got my favorite prospect(and it hurts that it was my team that gave him up).

Should be called up pretty much off the bat & play tomorrow. His production mirrored EK's(had slightly better SHL production than EK, though) up until the part where EK got called up and Brännström didn't. Had the same number of pts, same gp, same +/- in the AHL up until that point.

Reactions: Silvernon

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
I'm no prospect expert but this Brannstrom hype reminds me of Gustaffson hype a year ago (OMG best goalie prospect!). Feels like it quieted down quite a bit lately...

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
I'm no prospect expert but this Brannstrom hype reminds me of Gustaffson hype a year ago (OMG best goalie prospect!). Feels like it quieted down quite a bit lately...

Goalies don't develop anything even as close to as linear as a typical skater does. It's virtually impossible to compare the development of a goaltender to that of a forward or defenseman. And by all accounts, many talented scouts and hockey execs absolutely love this kid. It's a very real possibility that he turns in to a stud for us.

snu22fint

Jun 19, 2016
I'm Swedish and I'm almost as high on Brännström as I am on Rasmus Dahlin. Hope that eases the pain of loosing Stone a little. Enjoy this gem. Hopefully he pans out the way I suspect and hope he will. In my eyes, he is Roman Josi +. But you never know with young defensemen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad