Erie Otters 2019-20 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pukerken

Feb 18, 2020
I think Chad Yetman has a nose for goals.

There is no quit on your team. They play hard.
Agree. Nice to see something positive. You sound like you are not from Erie. The only guy on here that seems to know anything is NOA. The rest of the people here (for the most part) are negative. They complain about everything...the coach, the players, gm, lack of imports. They attack teenage hockey players, that are not only trying to figure out hockey...but more importantly life. I Bet many on here have never played at a high level. Oh yeah, who would want to play in Erie as a import...Negative! Many should try taking some responsibility as well and stop social bullying kids. Stick together though good and bad times. The best thing some of you can do, is stop buying tickets and find a new hobby or maybe just grow up.

NOA

Apr 17, 2015
Agree. Nice to see something positive. You sound like you are not from Erie. The only guy on here that seems to know anything is NOA. The rest of the people here (for the most part) are negative. They complain about everything...the coach, the players, gm, lack of imports. They attack teenage hockey players, that are not only trying to figure out hockey...but more importantly life. I Bet many on here have never played at a high level. Oh yeah, who would want to play in Erie as a import...Negative! Many should try taking some responsibility as well and stop social bullying kids. Stick together though good and bad times. The best thing some of you can do, is stop buying tickets and find a new hobby or maybe just grow up.

I have shared my criticism plenty of times but it’s all directed at how the team is being built (i.e no import players) and the coaching. The talent to me isn’t the issue. Again, the team has 71% of their losses by 1-2 goals or by SO. That’s also with a god awful PP, injury issues, and poor line management. They are competitive game in and game out

I understand the frustration though from fans. Yes these are “kids” but many are also young adults playing in a serious league. In order for the league/teams to function, they need money. The only way to get money is to sell tickets and get butts in the seats. Nobody is going to pay $20 to go see the same type of hockey for 3 years when it’s a team that is bottom 2/3 in the conference. It’s a business and the organizations/players aren’t really doing it just for “fun.” They have a lot at stake. So too do fans who spend money

Mata

Mar 4, 2019

You obviously don't read the forums if you think NOA doesn't criticize the team.

-1 for trolling.

NOA

Apr 17, 2015
And I don't mean that in a bad way NOA...but apparently with the PC crowd, constructive criticism is out the window.
No harm, Mata

Most of the posters here are on the same page with criticism

Mata

Mar 4, 2019
Back to our regularly scheduled forum...

We need to at least split with OS and try to put more ground between us and SOO.

Any word on Sopa? I also don't know why we called up Kyrou if he doesn't really get ice time, a "just in case"?

Pukerken

Feb 18, 2020
And I don't mean that in a bad way NOA...but apparently with the PC crowd, constructive criticism is out the window.
NOA does criticize (no doubt about it), but he does it right. Probably because he is more intelligent then you. If Hartsburg does get let go, i’m sure you will submit your resume

Mata

Mar 4, 2019
NOA does criticize (no doubt about it), but he does it right. Probably because he is more intelligent then you. If Hartsburg does get let go, i’m sure you will submit your resume

Wouldn't want it...

I did my stint in college athletics on a full ride ;) I just observe now.

Mata

Mar 4, 2019
Butterflies and unicorns and everyone gets a participation trophy. Yah!!!

Pretty much this...

If those "kids" have made it to this level you can probably consider them top 10% talent in the world, maybe even top 5%. They have to know how to take criticism by now.

Reactions: NOA

NOA

Apr 17, 2015
Pretty much this...

If those "kids" have made it to this level you can probably consider them top 10% talent in the world, maybe even top 5%. They have to know how to take criticism by now.
I have ALWAYS hated the posters on here or anywhere that play the “they are just kids!” game. All of these “kids” are leaving their hometown to go play hockey full time in a top minor league in the world. Majority are 17-21 years old and hardly “kids.” Let me add to it that fans are expected to pay $20 for a ticket to watch them. If the league was really for “kids” the games would be free or cheap $5 seats in small barn arenas. Instead, they are playing in 4000-6000 seat arenas on most nights with paying customers. This isn’t just a hobby for them, it’s their focus. If they can’t handle criticism now, they will never make it in hockey and tbh will have a tough time in the real world.

Mata

Mar 4, 2019
I have ALWAYS hated the posters on here or anywhere that play the “they are just kids!” game. All of these “kids” are leaving their hometown to go play hockey full time in a top minor league in the world. Majority are 17-21 years old and hardly “kids.” Let me add to it that fans are expected to pay $20 for a ticket to watch them. If the league was really for “kids” the games would be free or cheap $5 seats in small barn arenas. Instead, they are playing in 4000-6000 seat arenas on most nights with paying customers. This isn’t just a hobby for them, it’s their focus. If they can’t handle criticism now, they will never make it in hockey and tbh will have a tough time in the real world.

It isn't church league softball...these "kids" signed up and get paid to play in a results driven league. Some will succeed and head to bigger and better things, some will not make the next step. It isn't that we aren't "proud" of them...it is mostly just him hawing and jawing back and forth as to what we think someone has or doesn't have. Right now Erie has more expectation than what the results show. Not going to sugar coat it, they are failing to meet expectations, unfortunately!

I would love to see them win 50 games every season talk about the "glory days" year in and year out. That is a fantasy.

If you don't have what it takes, next man up but it isn't meant in a malicious manner.

Reactions: TDTDTD

Pukerken

Feb 18, 2020
It isn't church league softball...these "kids" signed up and get paid to play in a results driven league. Some will succeed and head to bigger and better things, some will not make the next step. It isn't that we aren't "proud" of them...it is mostly just him hawing and jawing back and forth as to what we think someone has or doesn't have. Right now Erie has more expectation than what the results show. Not going to sugar coat it, they are failing to meet expectations, unfortunately!

I would love to see them win 50 games every season talk about the "glory days" year in and year out. That is a fantasy.

If you don't have what it takes, next man up but it isn't meant in a malicious manner.
275$ every 2wks. Paid...really.

Reactions: East Avenue Bully

Mata

Mar 4, 2019

They get paid to play...my scholarship amounted to much less, so yeah, really.

Besides, if you got rid of the "disgusted" fans, as you suggested Erie wouldn't have a team because as others have pointed out, you'd be lucky to get 1000 people in the stands.

We invest in the team, but can't have a say? You're the special kind of PC person ;)

Reactions: OttersFan and NOA

Pukerken

Feb 18, 2020

275$ every 2 wks. Paid...really

Mata

Mar 4, 2019

I also forgot to ask...

What level did you play at, do you even have the authority to make statements about how much they should or shouldn't make? Where does your knowledge come from?

NOA

Apr 17, 2015
We invest in the team, but can't have a say? You're the special kind of PC person ;)

This will always be my stance. The fans are the ones who even create the opportunity to begin with.

Reactions: Mata

Mata

Mar 4, 2019
So we are potentially without Sopa, Fowler, and Kish along with the others already? I just saw he got knocked out of last night's game and the Meireles got suspended for the hit.

TDTDTD

Mar 5, 2019

there are at least 1000 players that would love to play on this team. that is of course if it had better coaching.

OttersFan

Jan 6, 2018
Back to our regularly scheduled forum...

We need to at least split with OS and try to put more ground between us and SOO.

Any word on Sopa? I also don't know why we called up Kyrou if he doesn't really get ice time, a "just in case"?

I think they have faith in Kyrou that he will make the lineup more often next season. It may seem like a waste of time sticking around with no ice time, but maybe he is just taking in everything he can in as a rookie. If he didn't want the experience, I would imagine he would've headed home a long time ago. I'm interested to see how he plays and hope he makes the most of this opportunity. What's interesting is he's listed as a defenseman, but playing forward tonight. Might be a good add for next year as a two way player.

But I don't want to be too negative :nod:

Mata

Mar 4, 2019
Bressette got the nod to come up and Kyrou playing forward tonight with the injuries that have accumulated...

Man, this is reminiscent of how the season started.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad