Erie Otters 2019-20 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mata

Mar 4, 2019
Is he ok? Completely knocked out ?

I only caught it in the radio. Heard he got boarded hard in the first and wasn't back on the ice yet in the 2nd. Let's hope it is nothing serious, but I think it contributed to the chipping at the end if the 1st frame as well.

OttersFan

Jan 6, 2018
Not only are they traveling back from Michigan, they have to serve pancakes bright and early tomorrow! If I were them, I’d be less than impressed to do it especially after two road losses. I’m sure they’ll still put on their happy faces, but would rather be in bed sleeping. I can’t blame them either. Poor planning on the coaches and management for that one.

Mata

Mar 4, 2019
Not only are they traveling back from Michigan, they have to serve pancakes bright and early tomorrow! If I were them, I’d be less than impressed to do it especially after two road losses. I’m sure they’ll still put on their happy faces, but would rather be in bed sleeping. I can’t blame them either. Poor planning on the coaches and management for that one.

And on a side note...

Hayden Fowler continues to disappoint. Probably 2 - 4 game suspension if I had to guess.

Once again, can't help the team if you're not on the ice.

Reactions: OttersFan

OttersFan

Jan 6, 2018
And on a side note...

Hayden Fowler continues to disappoint. Probably 2 - 4 game suspension if I had to guess.

Maybe he’ll finally learn to play smarter when it comes to taking penalties. Can’t score goals if you’re in a suit.

Just when you think he’s going to produce, his “grit” gets him suspended if you could even call it that.

I thought he’d improve after being injured two seasons, but he hasn’t done anything other sit in the box. I’m sure he’s frustrated about it too, but something has to change.

Mata

Mar 4, 2019
I would agree with others it may be related to coaching/discipline. Even still you aren't doing yourself or the team any favors.

OttersFan

Jan 6, 2018
I would agree with others it may be related to coaching/discipline. Even still you aren't doing yourself or the team any favors.
Maybe he’s doing it in spite of Hartsburg or more likely trying whatever Hartsburg wants him to do and it’s just not working. I’m sure this isn’t how he thought this season would go.

I hope it turns around next year with new coaches and better discipline.

Reactions: Mata

7D442

Apr 27, 2015
ERIE PA
And on a side note...

good .. now Erie will have 4 more minutes of EVEN strength play per game while Fowler is suspended ..

Last couple games I went to he had 2 bone head penalties each game

Mata

Mar 4, 2019
good .. now Erie will have 4 more minutes of EVEN strength play per game while Fowler is suspended ..

Last couple games I went to he had 2 bone head penalties each game

Fortunately or unfortunately it couldn't have come at a worse time. It is a give/take. Miss his offense, but should have more 5v5 like you said.

It only adds to the frustration this season from the top down including the injury plague early on.

Mata

Mar 4, 2019
Nothing...

I'm also trying to find Fowler's blindside hit against Flint that got him suspended. Any help is greatly appreciated :)

Mata

Mar 4, 2019
Update on Drysdale

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200202-171923_Twitter.jpg
    Screenshot_20200202-171923_Twitter.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 10

Mata

Mar 4, 2019
Thank you sir. Sounds like he'll miss some games but not too many. It's hard not to cheer for this kid, his character matches his talent on the ice...and that says a lot.

The first time I heard him speak after a game last year you knew he was being coached in all aspects of life because he hopefully will make that top level.

He is a class act and so are his parents.

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
The first time I heard him speak after a game last year you knew he was being coached in all aspects of life because he hopefully will make that top level.

He is a class act and so are his parents.
Hopefully? You knows he’s destined to be a star in the NHL. As far as the Fowler hit, I couldn’t find it either. You can probably buy a replay of the game on OHLive for like $3, $4. I didn’t have a good view of it and two sides of the scoreboard went out for the 2nd and 3rd period on Friday so I didn’t get a good look of the replay either but it was definetly blindsiding (meh), high and it looked like he left his feet and lead with the elbow. The elbow I’m the least sure of, but that’s how it looked at game speed from 100 feet away.

OttersFan

Jan 6, 2018
I hate to see Drysdale injured and wouldn't wish injury on my worst enemy so don't take what i'm about to say to heart.

He's a good player, but it's good that they aren't rushing him back just because he is our best player and some sports/teams would risk further injury on their athletes.

I do think it's good that Drysdale can take some time to 1. Recover and 2. Take some time from practice. He's been full steam ahead without any true breaks all season. I know it's not in his character to take a break, but even sitting a few practices would be good for his body to heal from consistently carrying the team on his back. The NHL is go go go just like he's been playing so it's just preparation for then, but the kid is a stud and needs a break.

I heard he has a concussion (his first) to be exact.

I hope he gets well soon because we need him. I agree, he's a class act and whenever we drafted him, he ALWAYS spoke highly of Erie despite joining in a rebuild season.

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
I don't have a replay but I was watching during the Fowler hit, it was pretty bad. Dellandrea didn't have the puck anymore, it was blindside, and it was high. I don't believe he's been suspended before so it might not be too harsh but he will (and should tbh) be suspended. He really needs to learn from what DeBrincat went through and find a way to play tough/gritty without constantly taking penalties.

Last edited:

Mata

Mar 4, 2019
I don't have a replay but I was watching during the Fowler hit, it was pretty bad. Dellandrea didn't have the puck anymore, it was blindside, and it was high. I don't believe he's been suspended before so it might not be too harsh but he will (and should tbh) be suspended. He really needs to learn from what DeBrincat what through and find a way to play tough/gritty without constantly taking penalties.

According to OHL transactions, his suspension is still pending/TBD. Let's hope it isn't too long and it sunk in. If the coach can't reel him in, maybe not playing will give him time to cool off.

Reactions: OttersFan

NOA

Apr 17, 2015
According to OHL transactions, his suspension is still pending/TBD. Let's hope it isn't too long and it sunk in. If the coach can't reel him in, maybe not playing will give him time to cool off.
Who cares at this stage. With Drysdale out and the goaltending slowly fading.. Erie is porked. At best they sneak into the 8th seed but my guess - not happening. Nice trade for Sopa, Dave!

Mata

Mar 4, 2019
Season Ticket Prices for next year are out... thoughts?

2020-21 Season Ticket Renewal Information – Erie Otters

They do seem a ton cheaper than last year.

They were nearly 600 last year with early bird special, over 600 without. Kids prices went up by about 50 - 60 bucks so no real savings there, mostly the "perks".

However, the new pricing comes out to, including the free complimentary preseason tickets 11.50 a game (roughly) for the center or about 10.30 for the lowest price. That's a huge savings.

NOA

Apr 17, 2015
They were nearly 600 last year with early bird special, over 600 without. Kids prices went up by about 50 - 60 bucks so no real savings there, mostly the "perks".

However, the new pricing comes out to, including the free complimentary preseason tickets 11.50 a game (roughly) for the center or about 10.30 for the lowest price. That's a huge savings.
Sad thing is it always should have been that.. one of the main points of season tickets is to get tickets in bulk in order to save. The problem now is too little too late. This organization is headed back down the drain

OttersFan

Jan 6, 2018
Sad thing is it always should have been that.. one of the main points of season tickets is to get tickets in bulk in order to save. The problem now is too little too late. This organization is headed back down the drain
I believe that's why we never bought season tickets. They were well over $800... for what? The perks weren't worth it to make it worthwhile. Sure it's nice to have an "assigned" seat, but I don't know about most of you, but I don't mind sitting a few seats over or even a row higher/lower if it means saving money.

They are reasonably priced now, but if Hartsburg is coach next year... not sure if I can support Dave Brown keeping him around.

NOA

Apr 17, 2015
I believe that's why we never bought season tickets. They were well over $800... for what? The perks weren't worth it to make it worthwhile. Sure it's nice to have an "assigned" seat, but I don't know about most of you, but I don't mind sitting a few seats over or even a row higher/lower if it means saving money.

They are reasonably priced now, but if Hartsburg is coach next year... not sure if I can support Dave Brown keeping him around.
I don’t recall them ever being that expensive..

I will also point out that 80-90% of the league has or have had similar prices to Erie or more expensive season ticket prices. It’s a league wide issue

nofriendsinhockey

Aug 31, 2018
They should reduce by $50 every year they don’t make the playoffs. Oh wait, with that logic season tickets would be free.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad