Votes: 152 68.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike in Houston

Apr 20, 2015
Houston, TX
Let me tell you a story...

I live in the NW suburbs of Houston, TX. At about 6:00pm local time a storm started hitting our area. It knocked our power out. High winds, tornadoes, shit ton of rain. When the storm passed I tried as much as I could to watch the game on my phone. Power is still out here. Bad, bad storm. Anyway when I could watch I saw the Rangers give up three goals. Because cell service was spotty I missed the Trocheck goal. And I missed the Kreider hat trick. My mother in law was the one that kept us updated. As I was trying to mess around with our generator and darkness overhead I was met by, "THE RANGERS ARE UP 4-3." And then a little later, "THE RANGERS WON!!!" I was so elated. I had serious doubts. Later we were able to find out about the hat trick.

This morning we are still without power and could be without it for days. But we're alive and so too are THE NEW YORK f***ING RANGERS!

bhamill

Apr 16, 2012
Let me tell you a story...

I live in the NW suburbs of Houston, TX. At about 6:00pm local time a storm started hitting our area. It knocked our power out. High winds, tornadoes, shit ton of rain. When the storm passed I tried as much as I could to watch the game on my phone. Power is still out here. Bad, bad storm. Anyway when I could watch I saw the Rangers give up three goals. Because cell service was spotty I missed the Trocheck goal. And I missed the Kreider hat trick. My mother in law was the one that kept us updated. As I was trying to mess around with our generator and darkness overhead I was met by, "THE RANGERS ARE UP 4-3." And then a little later, "THE RANGERS WON!!!" I was so elated. I had serious doubts. Later we were able to find out about the hat trick.

This morning we are still without power and could be without it for days. But we're alive and so too are THE NEW YORK f***ING RANGERS!
Yeah, I have friends in Houston, and saw some footage of all the blown out windows. Crazy shit. Hope you didnt suffer too much damage and you get your power back soon.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Can’t believe fans tunned the game off
I went to a school open house for my kid so didn't really do it "on purpose" but yeah wasn't totally psyched about watching the third after the first 2 periods. As I get older I find I can't torture myself with stuff like sports when it's going poorly and sometimes checking out for a bit is a better way to not get worked up/upset in a way that affects other parts of my life. Just don't have time to be mad or upset at sports with other stuff going on.

But I kept checking the score on my phone when the 3rd period started, saw it go to 3-2...then 3-3. At that point I just kinda thought "shit, they're gonna do it...I wonder if it'll be OT or regulation" and then checked again and say it was 4-3, and the last 3 minutes took forever to unfold on the ESPN app game tracker lol

I kinda feel "bad" that I can't let myself get into all the ups and downs as a sports fan to some extent anymore but man I just don't have time to be really upset about stuff happening now

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Can’t believe fans tunned the game off
I didn't watch the first 5 minutes of the 3rd. Was just distraught after the 2nd. Thinking about how I'd be at Game 7 after two shitshow games and being up 3-0.

Went the @Machinehead route he mentioned the other day and just followed on my phone. I turned on the Wolves/Nuggets game which had just started.

Turned it back on and two minutes later Kreider got his 1st and then they locked in. That 1st Kreider goal was a gift. Andersen not being down with the puck behind the net? Second time from that corner this series.

The deflection might be the best one Kreider has ever scored. It went from upper right corner of the net to upper left corner. I don't know how you even do that. It's a 1 of 1 play and Kreider might be the only player that can do that.

The 3rd was just Kreider being a netfront bully. Orlov is shorter, but he isn't a small guy. Roll off him and get stick position. Lindgren has been coming down the boards a lot this series rotating with players, but he's never swooped around the net the whole series. Just to swing it in front for a tap in.

Jack Hanson

Oct 5, 2023
I'd just like to thank Jordan Staal for his 3rd period cross check penalty.

He thought he'd get away with that one. Rangers were denied a lot of penalties and this time the worm turned for us at the most opportune moment.

His expression when Kreider scored the tying goal was priceless.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
I'd just like to thank Jordan Staal for his 3rd period cross check penalty.

He thought he'd get away with that one. Rangers were denied a lot of penalties and this time the worm turned for us at the most opportune moment.

His expression when Kreider scored the tying goal was priceless.
Makeup call for them getting the puck over the glass call wrong 30 second prior. I'll take it.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
It was a lot of fun at MSG last night, but I would never do it again. I only knew for sure that something was a goal when the crowd exploded.

I bought tickets for it, but none of my buddies could make it so I stayed home and watched. Why wouldn't you do it again? It's a super fun experience. But also sucks when they lose....haha

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
I bought tickets for it, but none of my buddies could make it so I stayed home and watched. Why wouldn't you do it again? It's a super fun experience. But also sucks when they lose....haha
I went once a long time ago, we lost in OT vs Buffalo(think Drury or Brier scored?). It was a miserable experience lol.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Im so happy those Canes fans in the bowler hats are going home miserable. They need people who love them to tell them to stop.
As a season ticket holder for the Canes, I can tell you with certainty, the majority don’t like them either

Makeup call for them getting the puck over the glass call wrong 30 second prior. I'll take it.
I was in the arena last night. Everyone was shocked at that call. That was probably the turning point. Staal had been their best player in games 4 and 5 and his leadership on the ice was making a big difference. Then THAT happened. It was like finding the man behind the curtain

NCRanger

Bettman's Enemy
Feb 4, 2007
Charlotte, NC
If they do end up playing Florida, it seems like the games down there may have tons of Ranger fans at them.

On TV, it seemed like the jerks fans completely outnumbered Ranger fans, not like the 65/35 in 2022.

Have to wonder why that was the case this series.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
I went once a long time ago, we lost in OT vs Buffalo(think Drury or Brier scored?). It was a miserable experience lol.
I was at that viewing party and remember it well. Drury scored with 7.7 seconds left in the 3rd and Maxim Afinegenov won it in overtime and I broke a trash can near the stairwell exits.

Tough night...haha

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
I was at that viewing party and remember it well. Drury scored with 7.7 seconds left in the 3rd and Maxim Afinegenov won it in overtime and I broke a trash can near the stairwell exits.

Tough night...haha
Ah yes, that's what it was! And worst thing they wouldn't sell beer anymore after the 3rd. Jerks!

NCRanger

Bettman's Enemy
Feb 4, 2007
Charlotte, NC
As a season ticket holder for the Canes, I can tell you with certainty, the majority don’t like them either
Those idiots have been doing it since I was a season ticket holder in Raleigh. That was 2006.

They started that outfit wearing in 2002.

They've been at it A LONG TIME.

Reactions: Savant

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
If they do end up playing Florida, it seems like the games down there may have tons of Ranger fans at them.

On TV, it seemed like the jerks fans completely outnumbered Ranger fans, not like the 65/35 in 2022.

Have to wonder why that was the case this series.
Game 4 was more even. Game 6 was much more Canes fans

Holocene

Mar 10, 2011
Toms River, NJ
I don't think very many actually did, I think that's something that drama queens around here like to say.
i did, but it was more of a superstition because every time i turned a game off during the regular season they came back and won lol was still following along with the gdt and nhl.com scores page though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad