Player Discussion Eric Staal

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
What did he say?

Staal ou Kotkaniemi? | «Staal dans les gradins, sans hésitation» -Guillaume Latendresse

« Staal dans les gradins. Sans hésitation pour moi. «KK» ne joue pas comme il le faut en ce moment, mais je veux lui donner la chance d’être le gars de séries. C’est un jeune. On veut grandir avec. Au moins, le laisser commencer. Si après un match ou deux, il n’a aucune mise en échec et il ne performe pas, tu reverras….
Guillaume Latendresse

« On a un joueur de centre de 20 ans, et là, on va le mettre dans les estrades pour Eric Staal qui n’a fait absolument rien. Il n’a pas mouillé son équipement. Mais lui, parce qu’il y a 22 ans, il a gagné la coupe Stanley, il va jouer à la place d’un joueur qui est notre futur. Ça, il va falloir que quelqu’un me l’explique… »

Lapierre

Imagine had someone predicted that Guillaume f'n latendresse and lapierre would become voices of reason in the franco sports media scene.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Staal ou Kotkaniemi? | «Staal dans les gradins, sans hésitation» -Guillaume Latendresse

Imagine had someone predicted that Guillaume f'n latendresse and lapierre would become voices of reason in the franco sports media scene.

They both know where the Habs are as a team (pseudo-rebuilding with an emphasis at the future will be brighter if we develop the kids), while the Habs management/coaches think that past achievements wins future hockey games at this point...

Tanknation

Feb 24, 2012
Dear Eric Staal,

Please never show your ugly, smug, and heartless face in the city of Montreal ever again.

Sincerely,

Everyone in Montreal

Reactions: CapZzZzZz

LaTenderness

Feb 9, 2019
Reactions: ItzaGreat

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
Dom can't even name 1 single thing that Staal brings....WTF is going on (but when asked about Gally he can go on for minutes)

Last edited:

lou

Feb 25, 2004
Red Deer AB.
this is the same old c$%p that got john leclair traded out of montreal. number 21 is playing the worst hockey ive seen in th last 47 years as a fan of the habs. KK will be a big strong center witb good offensive abilities. He probrobally wont do it in this hot mess we have going on right now.

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
I thought Staal was just having a bad run on a terrible Buffalo team. Thought he was worth a try. Well, the trial is over and Staal is washed. Funny how a guy that was so good for long can look like the worst player on the ice in relatively little time. Because he's a cup winner, and the mentality of the team, he'll probably start the playoffs centering the top line for this team.

Reactions: azcanuck

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
Dear Eric Staal,

Please never show your ugly, smug, and heartless face in the city of Montreal ever again.

Sincerely,

Everyone in Montreal
Please the guy is from my hometown and is clearly washed up but he's a classy guy who always tries his best. He's just clearly done.

Dondini

Apr 28, 2010
If they start this guy game 1 then coaching and management are a bigger joke than I thought. I’m sure there are 12 year old fans that can figure out staal should not be in the line up. I would take any Laval bottom 6 over this guy. Listen I respect staal he’s had a great career but how can he go on thinking he deserves a spot right now? Like just admit it staal you are completely cooked. You are going to take a spot over someone much more deserving. If you are some great leader like you have been trotted up to be your whole career you will sit yourself. I’m so frustrated right now. KK played all 56 games while he hasn’t been great lately that was a tough as hell schedule and the 20 year old played every one of them. He’s a better skater, he hits harder and he’s more reliable than staal, and he’s one of our future pieces. It’s laughable that we are going to cater to staal. Like yah maybe if he’s been a long time hab we give him one shot at doing something in the playoffs but we don’t owe this guy a f***ing thing. Sit him in the stands!

Reactions: lou and Andrei79

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad