Player Discussion Eric Staal

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
thanks, have to think about who were the last few Habs to wear that number

Higgins and gionta have been mentioned. Before that, we might have to go all the way back to carbonneau.

I thought for a second that Randy McKay may have worn it, but I think I could be wrong on that. I think McKay may have worn 21 in new jersey, but I don't think he wore it in Montreal. I want to say he wore 17 but I'm not sure.

Reactions: Garnet76

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Higgins and gionta have been mentioned. Before that, we might have to go all the way back to carbonneau.

I thought for a second that Randy McKay may have worn it, but I think I could be wrong on that. I think McKay may have worn 21 in new jersey, but I don't think he wore it in Montreal. I want to say he wore 17 but I'm not sure.

you are right on McKay, I found this site,

Montreal Canadiens Sweater Numbers | Hockey-Reference.com

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
He is going to be a great model for Kotkaniemi. Big two-way center who can score, that's Kotkaniemi can be.

If Staal doesn't have the footspeed to play C anymore, or when he jumps up into the top 9, I could see him on KK's wing

Reactions: cphabs

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Probably not, but you never know...imo, both Markov and Koivu should get their jerseys retired first, but can't see it...

No, I think carbo is ahead of markov and Koivu in terms of jersey retirement.

Don't quote me on this but I think all the retired jerseys in Montreal have one thing in common. They are all hall of famers, and that's something Koivu, and markov will probably not be, but it's something carbo is.

And with gainey's jersey retired, it already acknowledges that being a perennial selke trophy guy holds alot of weight in the habs organization. Check another box for carbo.

Now, I'm not necessarily saying carbo should have his jersey retired, but I am saying he's ahead of markov and Koivu, most likely.

SakuKoivu11

Jun 29, 2017
Power play

Toffoli Kotkaniemi Perry/Gallagher
Staal Petry

Tatar Suzuki Anderson
Drouin Weber

CrAzYNiNe

who could have predicted?
Jun 5, 2003
Montreal
21 is a good short stay number. Since Higgins and then Gionta, the number has been largely worn by players who didn't get play more than 82 games for the Habs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad