GDT: EQF Game 1: CBJ @ TBL - 11 Aug, 3pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThisIsMyAlibi

Fantilli&Werenski&Gaudreau&Laine&Johnson&Jiricek
Mar 16, 2010
Ohio
I know everyone loves the “this was history!!!!” angle but that was truly awful hockey for the past 4 or so hours and I truly hope we never have to see that again
Yeah it was terrible. And no one will care about the history if we end up losing the series. Who gives a shit

Reactions: DJAnimosity

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Nick Foligno with most ice time of all forwards , 50:09 . Torts needs to get his head out of his butt and utilize his depth the rest of this series . Way too many forwards that are 0 threat to score
Agree in that I thought the 71-38-14 line was on the ice too much of the game.

Reactions: CPTN71

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
The other two teams are going to play a back-to-back as a result, so they'll get it on the back end.

And as long as both teams are playing the same schedule, it's not necessary to postpone anything in our series. Overtime playoff games come with the territory.

“the territory” is usually not 5 games in 6 days in the playoffs but whatever

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Korpi joins CBJ legend Ron Tugnutt as losing goalie in a 5 OT game. At least he’s in great company. :laugh:
We could have him as our VP.

upload_2020-8-11_21-46-56.jpeg

Reactions: Long Live Lyle

PJ817

Jan 27, 2019
They did though...
Tampa fan - in peace - we did NOT outclass CBJ at all on any scale.

CBJ is in Tampa's head (as well as us, the fans who have the words and don't want to hear them...)

HELLUVA a game - hats off to Korpi - the ultimate in brick houses; Jones - who needs a 7 D man - he plays for all of them

See you Weds. I hope I recover in time... #GreatGame

Reactions: Viqsi

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
Debatable at best. A team being outclassed doesn't prevent any goals against for four and a half periods of play.
CBJ had 12 high danger chances, Tampa had 26.

That’s just not true. When Tampa misses as many opportunities as they did, and you spend the entire game in your zone with 5 guys flopping all over the ice, you are getting outplayed.

idk why that’s so hard for people to admit that Tampa was/is a much better team than us, and they will win the series. This team isn’t close to good enough, yet. Tbh if the season played out, we might not even be in the playoffs..

Last edited:

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009

That’s just not true. When Tampa misses as many opportunities as they did, and you spin the entire game in your zone with 5 guys flopping all over the ice, you are getting outplayed.

idk why that’s so hard for people to admit that Tampa was/is a much better team than us, and they will win the series. This team isn’t close to good enough, yet. Tbh if the season played out, we might not even be in the playoffs..

You ain’t wrong.

Reactions: Cowumbus

KCbus

Jan 3, 2010
Reynoldsburg, OH

That’s just not true. When Tampa misses as many opportunities as they did, and you spend the entire game in your zone with 5 guys flopping all over the ice, you are getting outplayed.

I presume it's probably the same reason you find it "so hard to admit" that this team played the Lightning to a standstill - that is to say, it's not a matter of "objective fact", it's a personal evaluation, and folks just disagree.
That's the way the Jackets play, though. Stay organized, don't open up too much, try to force the opponents to take low-danger shots, and rely on defense and goaltending. They don't have enough offensive talent to play otherwise. And they knocked out Toronto doing it.

Getting in a run-and-gun game with the Tampa Bay Lightning is the last thing you want to do.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I wonder if he lost focused when Gavrikov got hurt. Perhaps he took a quick peek at him just by natural reaction.

yeah maybe. Korpi played a hell of a game though, but I wonder if he’ll be good to go Thursday. Wouldn’t doubt we see McEhlinney vs Kiv

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
A majority of people can be wrong about something. Majority means nothing.

At least we kept the game close.
When one can't come up with a good argument to justify one's position to people such that they're convinced of one's position, generally the next step is to reevaluate one's position and/or improve one's argument and debate skills, not conclude by claiming "well, those people agreeing with the counterpoint are wrong, so there".

And keeping the game close like that is the whole thing behind Torts' strategy. That's evidence it worked. Given that we managed the fourth-longest game in NHL history, that aspect of the game worked surprisingly well. The offense wasn't able to step up, but that's a separate issue. It doesn't make the team "outclassed".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad