GDT: EQF Game 1: CBJ @ TBL - 11 Aug, 3pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThisIsMyAlibi

Fantilli&Werenski&Gaudreau&Laine&Johnson&Jiricek
Mar 16, 2010
Ohio
History is all fun until you lose and realize you couldn’t score for 100+ mins.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Nick Foligno with most ice time of all forwards , 50:09 . Torts needs to get his head out of his butt and utilize his depth the rest of this series . Way too many forwards that are 0 threat to score

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Really gutty game by these guys. unfortunate they couldn't get it done, but they really played hard. Really impressed with they way Korpi has stayed focused and hasn't let anything get to him so far. Nice game by Joonas. After seeing him melt in the Calder Cup, and earlier this year, I was really wondering if his mindset would keep him from being a better goalie. He has shown a lot so far in these playoffs.Hope he keeps it up. Really hoping someone steps up on offense, doesn't matter who, just somebody. Anyway, lets get back to it Thursday and put this one behind.

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
I'm surprisingly not that demoralized.... upset, yes, especially the non calls against CBJ, but this game earned them a lot of respect.

Rest up guys, LOTS of hockey left.

thats where I am, this was basically a coin flip game that happened to go to Tampa, I don’t think you can learn much of anything from what happened in the 5 extra periods

wahsnairb

Jun 9, 2010
Bad bounce 5-hole, Korpi fluke kicked it into his own net, fluke bounce off a face in 5OT, some bad blown calls...

Even if Tampa carried the play, you guys were a little unlucky with the outcome tonight.

Was fun. Was history!

Reactions: thebus88 and Viqsi

ThisIsMyAlibi

Fantilli&Werenski&Gaudreau&Laine&Johnson&Jiricek
Mar 16, 2010
Ohio
How many quality SOG during all the OT periods combined? 5 between both teams? Brutal.

KCbus

Jan 3, 2010
Reynoldsburg, OH
something about the two teams playing more than 2 full games in one night and being asked to play again in less than 48 hours, and those other two teams getting extra rest, I dunno
The other two teams are going to play a back-to-back as a result, so they'll get it on the back end.

And as long as both teams are playing the same schedule, it's not necessary to postpone anything in our series. Overtime playoff games come with the territory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad