Gus Nyquist - Boone Jenner - Nick Foligno
Liam Foudy - Riley Nash - Oliver Bjorkstrand
Eric Robinson - Alexander Wennberg - Nathan Gerbe

Zach Werenski - Seth Jones
Vladislav Gavrikov - David Savard
Ryan Murray - Dean Kukan

Joonas Korpisalo
Matiss Kivlenieks

Scratches: Josh Anderson (unfit to play), Emil Bemstrom, Stefan Matteau, Devin Shore, Kevin Stenlund, Gabriel Carlsson, Adam Clendening, Scott Harrington, Markus Nutivaara, Andrew Peeke, Elvis Merzlikins (unfit to play)

Roster Report: The Blue Jackets skated 11 forwards and seven defensemen in Game 5 on Sunday vs. Toronto after Murray and Werenski dealt with injury issues in Game 4, but both didn't miss a beat in the finale. As a result, Nutivaara played just three shifts in Game 5, so it seems possible the Blue Jackets would go back to a 12-forward lineup. Tortorella said Merzlikins is out to begin the series but did not have a timeline.

lightning.nhl.com has a pair of preview articles up:
Nuts & Bolts: Playoffs begin on Tuesday versus Columbus
Mishkin's Musings: Four questions heading into Lightning-Blue Jackets

Scoresheet links (they'll work later tonight):
Game Summary - overall team info
Event Summary - player-specific info

Highlights of the Bolts' round robin games:

RR: PHI @ TBL

Reactions: rotsbu

OscarsCards

Spooky action at a distance
Mar 13, 2013
Cesis
It would be pathetic for Tampa if they loses in 1st round vs Jackets 2 years in a row. This round will be personal for the bad guys and pretty much mega hardcore.

Go hockey!

Reactions: cslebn

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
Gotta find a way to get Bjorkstrand going. I don't know if Foudy and Nash are the linemates to do that, but we'll see. I expect the Robinson-Wennberg-whoever line to play about 5 minutes with some PK time for Wennberg.

Would be nice if Foligno would stop taking stupid penalties. Also would be nice if the PP would get going.

Agree above - if Stamkos and Hedman are both out, this becomes a more "steal-able" game.

ReggieRed

Good job. Good work. Good goal next!
Jan 6, 2015
Milford Center, OH
Will be 2 hours behind. Damn work
I'm working from home, but dammit if they haven't scheduled a VTC starting at 3pm today! 90% of the telecons I'm on I can just sit and listen to, but this one is one I actually have to actively participate in, so it looks like DVR for me too. Go Jackets!

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
And again there’s zero pressure on Columbus and all the pressure in the world on Tampa

I also really wonder where the Jackets would have ended up in the standings if they'd been far more healthy throughout the year. You only have to win 8 of the 15 OT losses to get them up close with Tampa in the standings. Not ahead, mind you, but close. That's a thin margin on a chunk of points that could have swung the other way.

But like you said, seems like the pressure is on TBL, so perhaps there's a silver lining to the injuries now that they've made the playoffs.

Reactions: thebus88

pscbj80

Aug 1, 2020
I am going to try and not get worked up if they lose this one since it will be after a relative quick turn around from Game 5, but without Hedman and Stamkos they need to take advantage. Also it would not shock me if Kucherov acts like a little you know what all series.

Speedy Sanderson

Jan 29, 2012
Anderson would be great to have in this series, but still think the boys can get it done. Korpi needs to play lights out and the power play should at least be dangerous (for the CBJ, not the other team as evidenced by all the short handed chances the CBJ gave up against TML).

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
If Stamkos and Hedman are out, there’s no excuse not to win this one
Apparently it doesn’t matter :rolleyes:

Attachments

• 2982EE12-9A36-432C-BB41-BB0A4F58F851.png
    2982EE12-9A36-432C-BB41-BB0A4F58F851.png
    525 KB · Views: 8

Finner

Dec 8, 2018
Hand up for mistake. I gave up after game 4. I suspended myself after the team won game 5. They literally tell me to shut the f*** up how serie is over. Can i get back to train?

After that amazing mentaly hard come back in game 5, CBJ showed the hockeyworld they are team what believes themselfs. If they believe they can go all the way. Let the game begin.

CharlotteJacket

Apr 11, 2013
Charlotte, NC
Our PP has sucked for years. Hoping we find "lightning" in a bottle isn't realistic. We're going to need our D to turn the ice into molasses to slow them down and somehow get three blue collar goals to win. Which we're more than capable of.

ClevelandUke

Aug 4, 2020
I feel really good about taking this game (and the series in general) you have to think the team feels the same and knows they have alot of momentum already shutting down one of the best offensive teams in the league who had their best players.

Reactions: thebus88

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
As has been mentioned, all of the pressure is on Tampa. The window for the Bolts to win the Cup is probably closed after this season or next season.

I expect some serious regression for the CBJ from last year's series. They'll need 5 or 6 to win:D

Game 1 is huge. Tampa is an emotionally fragile group IMO saddled with huge expectations and if they are faced with a hill to climb after game 1, they will start gripping those sticks very tight.

Nanabijou

Booooooooooone
Dec 22, 2009
Columbus, Ohio
Yep, from a psychological standpoint, Jackets probably couldn't ask for a better opponent. Jackets got the 'never won a playoff series' monkey off their back last year and are coming off an impressive series win against the Leafs while Tampa has had to stew about the sweep all this time. If the games and series stay close, some doubt will likely start to creep into Tampa's minds. Pressure's on the Lightning, Jackets need to get off to a good start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad