EPL - Matchweek 9 (we're back baby!)

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
VAR only sends the referee to the monitor if it's a "clear and obvious" error. It doesn't matter if the official took 10 minutes to make the decision at first, if the actual decision wasn't a clear and obvious error (which this wouldn't have been either way) they're not sending him to the monitor.
But I thought all reds were reviewed? How could VAR review that and not tell him he made a mistake? That's not a red card challenge, not sure how Taylor or VAR thought it was?

It doesn't matter either way because Spurs have looked like shit and weren't winning, they would have been lucky pulling out a draw.

southsideIrish

Nov 23, 2019
One of Saturn's moons
It wasn't studs up from behind. He was on the side of him and mistimed his attempt on the ball and got the ankle. Wasn't malicious and fouls like that happen a lot without a red. A yellow would have been fine.
This was clearly one of those that could have gone either way. Had it been yellow plenty of people would have said that could have been a red too. It was a bad play.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
This was clearly one of those that could have gone either way. Had it been yellow plenty of people would have said that could have been a red too. It was a bad play.
Live it definitely didn't look like a red. Martinelli sold it pretty well. I thought the point of VAR to make sure they got the calls right so it would make sense for the ref to have a second look? I didn't see a lot of players that angry till after the red was shown, usually a bad challenge would have players going at the ref right away but it seems like no one did till after the fact.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I wasn't too sure on Arsenal, had them I believe finishing 6th, but they have started well and this is a big top 4 victory for them. Haven't had the toughest schedule yet but have build a decent cushion for top 4. Think they can get in and it now puts a lot of pressure on Liverpool and Chelsea to get back on track.

Spurs played some terrible football. You have decent talent and you play way too conservative. Your backline doesn't seem to be on the same page and the keeper is making more and more mistakes, you can't concede possession that much with those issues. Going forward it's just all individual efforts creating chances and goals, not good team play. Bentacur and Hojbjerg just aren't creative enough and there's no fluidity when they have possession. They need another Erickson again.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Going into Liverpool top of the league, what more can you ask for?

For Brighton, De Zerbi going with a very similar look to Potter. 3-5-3

JPBolts

Jun 21, 2019
that challenge is one where I wish there was more consistency shown from refs, but it is a borderline orange card.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Another match, another Chelsea defensive error

Awful from Fofana

Reactions: Blender

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Clumsy, dangerous challenge. Red card for me, and I don't like Arsenal. Don't think there was intent but it's always a risk when you lead in with your studs.

Reactions: robertmac43

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Nearly 2-0 Palace

Actually a decent save by Kepa

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Clumsy, dangerous challenge. Red card for me, and I don't like Arsenal. Don't think there was intent but it's always a risk when you lead in with your studs.
Yeah it's just sloppy play. Cannot happen at this level.

Allison with 2 huge saves thus far. Could easily be 2 or 3 nil at this point!

Machinehead

Jiminy Crickets Let's Cut the Hubris
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
At what point do we consider that Klopp is just out of ideas at this club?

This is a repeat of 20-21 except this time the injuries aren't above and beyond what every team has

Reactions: JPBolts

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad