EPL - Matchweek 9 (we're back baby!)

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
That’s a terrific strike by Maddison but it grinds my teeth when keepers don’t cover the short side.

SSF

Oct 5, 2017
Henderson picked a bad club to goto if he was hoping to boost his Qatar chances.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
It would be absolutely cruel to sack the manager that finally got you back into the premier league after 20 years but Cooper isn't premier league quality yet. Not sure if he was involved in the transfers but the money wasn't spent that well, too much money wasted on guys who are mediocre at best. Not sure who can come in and get that much more out of this squad, they need a few easy Cup games to get some consistency with each other and find their best 11, not gonna do that in league games.

Reactions: Tasty Biscuits

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I have Forest predicted to finish in a relegation spot. I think the transfer policy was overly aggressive in the summer. No need to sign that many guys, instead add some experience to supplement your existing team.

Reactions: Gecklund

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I have Forest predicted to finish in a relegation spot. I think the transfer policy was overly aggressive in the summer. No need to sign that many guys, instead add some experience to supplement your existing team.

They really didn't have an existing team. 4 of their starters from the playoff final were loanees and 1 of their subs was a loanee too. The bench was barely championship quality. The starting keeper wanted to go back to France as well. They needed a lot of new starters and improved depth. But 22 players is too much, 10-15 in the summer then maybe 5 or more in the winter if you needed more bodies.

Bringing in 3 new LB's as well as 3 new RB's is just weird. Even if the league cup and FA cup started when the premier league did there's still not enough games to play those guys. They also didn't bring in one of them to be a player for the future by loaning them out right away to be part of the squad later, they have them all on the roster. I know you want depth because the league is hard and there's lots of fixture congestion down the road but the recruitment was poorly done.

I'm not sold on Wolves, Bournemouth or Palace. Leeds and Southampton have questions while Villa and Everton are hit or miss. So I don't think Forrest is done for but they need something to change and not sure if that's the manager?

TheSanny

May 11, 2011
As a Norwegian I kinda wished Haaland played hockey. He's got the physics for sure.

But on the other hand... Yeah, I'm happy with him playing football

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad