bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Loloris

They say he walks on water
and turns it into wine
Oh I believe in Jesus
The Arsenal number 9.

Best striker in the match puts one home and doesn't even need the penalty spot to do so.

Reactions: Satan

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Looked like Jesus got clipped in the box there without a call, but I'm starting to make tailgating food and only caught one replay

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
It's hilarious how Spurs have so many players back behind the ball and still get pried open by almost every single simple overlapping run.

Looked like Jesus got clipped in the box there without a call, but I'm starting to make tailgating food and only caught one replay

He had already well lost the ball and then went down, then Romero accidentally stepped on his foot. Just a random accident, no real appeals for a pen (nor should there have been)

Reactions: Satan

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
He had already well lost the ball and then went down, then Romero accidentally stepped on his foot. Just a random accident, no real appeals for a pen (nor should there have been)
That makes sense. I saw it out of the corner of my eye while I was dicing onions

Very harsh red.
I don't think it was that harsh. Raked Martinelli's leg from behind with his studs

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I thought VAR checked all reds? What's the point of VAR, to check offsides by a few cm's?

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
I thought VAR checked all reds? What's the point of VAR, to check offsides by a few cm's?
It does check all reds. It wasn't a clear and obvious error to give a studs up challenge from behind into someone's leg a red card. Like I said, I thought it was orange and wouldn't have been upset if it only resulted in a yellow, but it was a pretty bad challenge

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
They check everything. It's hard to argue that's a "clear and obvious error" though. You could argue it's harsh, but it's not a clear error.
So if they check it why didn't they have Taylor go back and look at the monitor? At first he looked like he wasn't even gonna give a yellow then Martinelli started acting like his ankle was broken so he gave the red.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
So if they check it why didn't they have Taylor go back and look at the monitor? At first he looked like he wasn't even gonna give a yellow then Martinelli started acting like his ankle was broken so he gave the red.

VAR only sends the referee to the monitor if it's a "clear and obvious" error. It doesn't matter if the official took 10 minutes to make the decision at first, if the actual decision wasn't a clear and obvious error (which this wouldn't have been either way) they're not sending him to the monitor.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
It does check all reds. It wasn't a clear and obvious error to give a studs up challenge from behind into someone's leg a red card. Like I said, I thought it was orange and wouldn't have been upset if it only resulted in a yellow, but it was a pretty bad challenge
It wasn't studs up from behind. He was on the side of him and mistimed his attempt on the ball and got the ankle. Wasn't malicious and fouls like that happen a lot without a red. A yellow would have been fine.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Kane is such a scumbag player.

It wasn't studs up from behind. He was on the side of him and mistimed his attempt on the ball and got the ankle. Wasn't malicious and fouls like that happen a lot without a red. A yellow would have been fine.

You could certainly argue that a yellow would have been fine, but in the end it was studs full on the back of the ankle a solid 3-4 feet away from where the ball was. It's not like he missed the ball by an inch, he wasn't even close to it. It's really hard to complain about a red when you do that.

Reactions: bluesfan94

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad