GWT: EPL - Matchweek 20

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
1107520.gif

Someone needs to explain to me why gifs work in the preview and then don't show when you post. This board sucks. I give up.
Hers the thing.

No one. Nobody said Arsenal were bottlers this time last year. Now the Arsenal fans are trying to deflect and start that narrative now; so they can foist that on another team even when it’s not justified whatsoever.

People called Arsenal bottlers last year when they bottled it in April. I’m not having this now. Ray Charles can see what’s happening here. All I’ve said is call LFC bottlers if they add three players in January and are still in first in April. Some people just saying any team in first can bottle. It’s bologna.

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
Hers the thing.

No one. Nobody said Arsenal were bottlers this time last year. Now the Arsenal fans are trying to deflect and start that narrative now; so they can foist that on another team even when it’s not justified whatsoever.

People called Arsenal bottlers last year when they bottled it in April. I’m not having this now. Ray Charles can see what’s happening here. All I’ve said is call LFC bottlers if they add three players in January and are still in first in April. Some people just saying any team in first can bottle. It’s bologna
Nobody called Arsenal bottlers this time last year because they had 50 points after 20 matches. It would have made zero sense to call them bottlers at the time. Just like no one is calling Liverpool bottlers right now.

It's crazy how much time you've spent focused on (1) calling the league so weak last year when it looked like Arsenal would win it, and (2) creating your own criteria for "bottling" that has contradicted itself at numerous points. Just enjoy your team for gods sake.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Nobody called Arsenal bottlers this time last year because they had 50 points after 20 matches. It would have made zero sense to call them bottlers at the time. Just like no one is calling Liverpool bottlers right now.

It's crazy how much time you've spent focused on (1) calling the league so weak last year when it looked like Arsenal would win it, and (2) creating your own criteria for "bottling" that has contradicted itself at numerous points. Just enjoy your team for gods sake.
Think you need to read up. Multiple threads.

What is contradicting that I’ve said?

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
Think you need to read up. Multiple threads.
Think you need better reading comprehension. People aren't calling Liverpool bottlers right now while they're top of the table. People are calling out and/or making jokes about your hypocrisy for what would be considered bottling.

You can call Arsenal bottlers for last season. I'd refer to some previous discussions on how crucial the Saliba injury was for the team, but ultimately we controlled our own fate and lost the title. The argument isn't whether Arsenal are bottlers, it's this silly criteria you've formulated presumably to refer back to and say "nuh uh, read what I wrote earlier in the season" in May if Liverpool do actually bottle the title.

That it's not just Arsenal fans disagreeing with you should tell you something.

What is contradicting that I’ve said?
Just from the last page of posts (and not the only example):

"Do not think you can bottle a title when the entire fan base would be happy finishing third or fourth. Especially before the season started," which apparently applies to Liverpool's expectations prior to this season, but not Arsenal's prior to last season.

Reactions: maclean

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Think you need better reading comprehension. People aren't calling Liverpool bottlers right now while they're top of the table. People are calling out and/or making jokes about your hypocrisy for what would be considered bottling.

You can call Arsenal bottlers for last season. I'd refer to some previous discussions on how crucial the Saliba injury was for the team, but ultimately we controlled our own fate and lost the title. The argument isn't whether Arsenal are bottlers, it's this silly criteria you've formulated presumably to refer back to and say "nuh uh, read what I wrote earlier in the season" in May if Liverpool do actually bottle the title.
So what is unfair or outlandish about “my criteria”. If you are saying people as disingenuously throwing the word bottle around because they are butt hurt that I correctly said Arsenal bottled in last April…well I just think you have to be an extremely fragile snowflake to go there.

That it's not just Arsenal fans disagreeing with you should tell you something.

Just from the last page of posts (and not the only example):

"Do not think you can bottle a title when the entire fan base would be happy finishing third or fourth. Especially before the season started," which apparently applies to Liverpool's expectations prior to this season, but not Arsenal's prior to last season.
again, keep reading. The difference is timeline and expectations. It applies to LFC on Jan 1, 2024 and it applies to Arsenal on Jan 1, 2023. We need to see how LFC handle this transfer window. When Arsenal signed three players last January that clearly signaled they weren’t going to be happy with just 2nd. Signing three players in January is very rare; especially at the top of the table. That was putting their money down literally and figuratively. And their results backed that up until they bottled it in April. If LFC don’t get reinforcements this window, you cannot make the argument that they are taking it as seriously as Arsenal did last season. But again let’s see where everyone is at a month from now.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
So what is unfair or outlandish about “my criteria”. If you are saying people as disingenuously throwing the word bottle around because they are butt hurt that I correctly said Arsenal bottled in last April…well I just think you have to be an extremely fragile snowflake to go there.

People still say "butt hurt" in 2024?

It's an internet message board, poking fun at the silly positions of other posters is like 50% of what goes on.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
People still say "butt hurt" in 2024?

It's an internet message board, poking fun at the silly positions of other posters is like 50% of what goes on.
Dude I love saying that phrase. It’s great.

I remember when you couldn’t even say shit on here; so had to be a bit more tame

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013

You can tell another reason everyone hates Liverpool because nobody on here, on the media, etc. wants to talk about how they put in a historically great xG performance, and instead want to focus on a single, inconsequential play that is one of, if not the least interesting part of that game to talk about.

Shearer is only butt hurt because it happened to Newcastle. People should be talking about a great team performance but that doesn’t get the clicks that dive discourse does I guess. That’s what is embarrassing to me honestly.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
You can tell another reason everyone hates Liverpool because nobody on here, on the media, etc. wants to talk about how they put in a historically great xG performance, and instead want to focus on a single, inconsequential play that is one of, if not the least interesting part of that game to talk about.

Shearer is only butt hurt because it happened to Newcastle. People should be talking about a great team performance but that doesn’t get the clicks that dive discourse does I guess. That’s what is embarrassing to me honestly.

I was impressed with Liverpool's play and said as much, win still deserved, but by all means, don't be distracted from your narrative of persecution. Personally I think "everyone" just hates how poorly VAR works

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I was impressed with Liverpool's play and said as much, win still deserved, but by all means, don't be distracted from your narrative of persecution. Personally I think "everyone" just hates how poorly VAR works
I mean, do you think it was a good officiating performance yesterday? Who’s being persecuted? If you have a ref performance/game/or specific play in mind where you think I unjustly complained. Please let me know which one it was. Everyone knows VAR is bad. No one cares to do anything about it; and Webb is the right man in charge if you just want to empower terrible decision making. But again, if you think I am being outrageous, please let me know what I was being outrageous about. I am more than willing to look back with hindsight

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016

It's one of the most blatant dives I've seen. I'm happy that it is talked about despite the little importance it had.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
I mean, do you think it was a good officiating performance yesterday? Who’s being persecuted? If you have a ref performance/game/or specific play in mind where you think I unjustly complained. Please let me know which one it was. Everyone knows VAR is bad. No one cares to do anything about it; and Webb is the right man in charge if you just want to empower terrible decision making. But again, if you think I am being outrageous, please let me know what I was being outrageous about. I am more than willing to look back with hindsight

I am specifically talking about "everyone hates Liverpool". People are hating on the reffing, as they do repeatedly because it is bad. The persecution part refers to thinking people are ragging on it specifically because it was Liverpool

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
It's one of the most blatant dives I've seen. I'm happy that it is talked about despite the little importance it had.
Get real. i know you’ve seen a lot of blatant dives because you are used to watching Harry Kane. (Who Shearer would 100% be talking about how clever he was if he was Diogo), but there was absolutely nothing unique about that play

I am specifically talking about "everyone hates Liverpool". People are hating on the reffing, as they do repeatedly because it is bad. The persecution part refers to thinking people are ragging on it specifically because it was Liverpool
I mean, they kind of are. But again, i am willing to drop this (I’m bored of it anyway) and we can see what happens next times that a soft PK is given.

• Haha
Reactions: bluesfan94

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002

90% of non-Liverpool fans feelings are below

Reactions: HeHateMeFrisbee

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Get real. i know you’ve seen a lot of blatant dives because you are used to watching Harry Kane. (Who Shearer would 100% be talking about how clever he was if he was Diogo), but there was absolutely nothing unique about that play
I'm really not interested in a Club vs. Club slugfest you clearly are trying to initiate. All diving should be condoned.

All I'm going to say is that what Jota did yesterday is one of the most obvious examples of it and he should be shamed for it.

Last edited:

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
90% of non-Liverpool fans feelings are below

No kidding. Doesn’t mean they are right though. Not sure taking gospel from a Utd influencer account is how I’d make this point but whatever makes you feel better. Bet you won’t see the Odegaard handball in That video package for example. So much for “every” decision though right?

I'm really not interested in a Club vs. Club slugfest you clearly are trying to initiate. All diving should be condoned.

All I'm going to say is that what Jota did yesterday is one of the least dubious examples of it and he should be shamed for it.
If a Spurs player would have dove like that, I would have been embarrassed by it. That was shameful, and he should have been booked for it.
I mean I don’t think a ton of people are happy about it on the LFC side either, but again this play happens all the time. It is not unique to LFC, and it is not unique to Diogo. I would not have had a problem if he was booked, or if PK wasn’t given, but I don’t think it not happening was egregious either. Yeah it was soft, but it Is not bad enough to justify all the pearl clutching.

Last edited:

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
I mean I don’t think a ton of people are happy about it on the LFC side either, but again this play happens all the time. It is not unique to LFC, and it is not unique to Diogo. I would not have had a problem if he was booked, or if PK wasn’t given, but I don’t think it not happening was egregious either. Yeah it was soft, but it Is not bad enough to justify all the pearl clutching.
Guess that's where are opinions differ. I do think it was that egregious.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Guess that's where are opinions differ. I do think it was that egregious.
to me, its not egregious because there was contact. thats where I draw the line between egregious or not. Dont think that’s unreasonable. If you dont agree, that’s cool too

Last edited:
Reactions: luiginb

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille