GWT: EPL - Matchweek 20

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
I don't hate Liverpool.

Neither do I. They're generally pretty likeable and have a genius manager. Doesn't mean that Diogo Jota isn't a complete bitch.

IMO, the only teams that deserve the hate are United and Chelsea because they're both corrupt and incompetent. At least City cheats its way to great heights.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Jack Straw

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
It’s just such a pathetic dive.

There’s contact on the left foot, he takes a step with his right, then his left again, then it clicked that he felt contact so he throws his arms out and stops moving his legs so he falls straight down.

To complain that people are talking about it is hilarious.

Reactions: al secord

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013

There’s contact on the left foot, he takes a step with his right, then his left again, then it clicked that he felt contact so he throws his arms out and stops moving his legs so he falls straight down.

So you are saying there was contact? This was not a unique play and hasn’t been for years. As long as the league isn’t doing anything about it, it’s not worth clutching pearls

People can talk about it, but it’s hilarious that it’s overshadowed LFC’s performance as a whole.

• Haha
Reactions: bluesfan94

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Watch Savant eventually get outraged about a less egregious dive from a Liverpool opponent.
I mean the last time someone said "watch Savant get mad at this", I agreed with them. So lets just see said incident when it happens.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
You can tell another reason everyone hates Liverpool because nobody on here, on the media, etc. wants to talk about how they put in a historically great xG performance, and instead want to focus on a single, inconsequential play that is one of, if not the least interesting part of that game to talk about.

Shearer is only butt hurt because it happened to Newcastle. People should be talking about a great team performance but that doesn’t get the clicks that dive discourse does I guess. That’s what is embarrassing to me honestly.
As someone who posted like five times about Liverpool's historic xG performance

Diogo Jota is an absolute clown - diving when you have an empty net in front of you is truly ridiculous and embarrassing behavior

Reactions: KJS14

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
What makes it so much more ridiculous is it didn’t even look like he overcooked the ball. He still could have scored. That’s when you know it’s a hard-wired instinct.
I don't know if I buy this. These players have (probably) have goal bonuses in their contracts, so I don't think athletes are trying to take money out of their paycheck when they know they aren't on PKs. If it is a hard-wired instinct, again this is not a unique thing.

As someone who posted like five times about Liverpool's historic xG performance

Diogo Jota is an absolute clown - diving when you have an empty net in front of you is truly ridiculous and embarrassing behavior
Thats why you are one of the good ones. 5 to 1 is what the ratio on this should be.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Two depleted squads today. Think it’ll go badly for West Ham - Brighton is their bogey team, and without Paqueta/Kudus and dragging the corpses of Benrahma/Fornals up top I don’t think there’s a lot of hope on the counter.

JPBolts

Jun 21, 2019

what do you think about the Duran penalty/dive?

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
He’s been so bad this season.
I agree

He did mske a good entrance vs Arsrnal even though he missed that inconsequential penalty, good defensive effort and he he was involved in the action that led to that penalty.

But he needed to convert that pen, his confidence is shot

Edit : he almost scored lol

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Amazing ball from Milner on that last Brighton chance. He continues to look better and better as the games go by.

Proving to be a great signing.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
what do you think about the Duran penalty/dive?
Far more of an embellishment than a dive. He at least had the decency to go down right with the contact instead of a stride and a half later. I still don't think it should be rewarded though. The rolling around on the ground afterword should have been worth a yellow on its own.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I guess we take the point away from home. Decent game, good to see some of the injured players slowly starting getting back up to speed.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Gilmour has been a great facilitator/distributer since the start of the season.... He is basically poor man's Mac Allister.
Alexis the only one of those guys that have dodges the first season aware from Brighton curse. After some growing pains adjusting to a new position he’s been great. You could put that pass he made to Diogo in a museum, but no one will talk about it for obvious reasons

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
The persecution complex is hilarious.
Who is talking about or sharing the Alexis pass?

I am trying to focus on the positive. That part of the play has essentially been cropped out, but it’s easily one of the best passes of the year. Where’s the lie?

• Haha
Reactions: bluesfan94

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad