GWT: EPL - Matchweek 20

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
I don't think there's enough contact to even be called a foul there. It's absurd that VAR doesn't send him to the monitor for that.
Yea but the PL VAR standard has generally been if it’s called a pen live and there’s any contact, it’s going to be upheld 99.9% of the time.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
You just knew Jota was going down like that. What a greasy team.
Honestly it’s not great, but if they are going to win today at least it was just an insurance goal; (still ends 3-2); and at least it’s a game LFC thoroughly deserved to win.

I don’t think Newcastle can feel they were robbed here. At all. By any metric.

Reactions: luiginb

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
Honestly it’s not great, but if they are going to win today at least it was just an insurance goal; (still ends 3-2); and at least it’s a game LFC thoroughly deserved to win.

I don’t think Newcastle can feel they were robbed here. At all. By any metric.

Nope. We'll never know what could have been. By any consistent logic, Liverpool won the game but put a massive asterix on their season. It doesn't count anymore.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Nope. We'll never know what could have been. By any consistence logic, Liverpool won the game but put a massive asterix on their season. It doesn't count anymore.
I mean if it makes you feel better you can do whatever the heck you want.

I’m not apologizing when the xG difference is probably going to be like a half dozen

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
It was a big dive but don't pick and choose when you get mad about it.

My complaint in the first place after the Spurs match is that there's obviously something wrong with VAR so I have nothing further to add.
I just find it so funny, and kind of sad that people either cannot, or choose to not, see the difference

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Yea but the PL VAR standard has generally been if it’s called a pen live and there’s any contact, it’s going to be upheld 99.9% of the time.

I mean some angles it looked like there wasn't even any.

But whatever, Liverpool shone and deserve that win, and the title, unless they bottle it of course

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I mean some angles it looked like there wasn't even any.

But whatever, Liverpool shone and deserve that win, and the title, unless they bottle it of course
Do not think you can bottle a title when the entire fan base would be happy finishing third or fourth. Especially before the season started.

Just so funny people can’t see the differences between these things

Newcastle robbed!
BuT jOtA dOvE

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Do not think you can bottle a title when the entire fan base would be happy finishing third or fourth. Especially before the season started.

Just so funny people can’t see the differences between these things
I will put myself on record saying we'll win the title and it will be fun to watch everyone cry about it.

It's only a bottle job once you lead by 6 or 7 points though. As soon as you do, it doesn't matter what was expected from the team.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Not going further into this with you but everyone knows I'm talking about when you flooded this board with your tears and shat your pants for an entire week after Spurs-Liverpool.
Yes. That’s a completely different situation.

If you can’t tell why that’s a completely different situation, that says more about you than it does me

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad