GWT: EPL Match Day 1

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Gonna be a tough year with points stolen by blatant offside goals like that but we'll march on.

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
Gonna be a tough year with points stolen by blatant offside goals like that but we'll march on.

Good thing liverpool fans are usually first to say "it all evens out over the course of a season anyways." Guess it doesn't apply when the script flips.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Good thing liverpool fans are usually first to say "it all evens out over the course of a season anyways." Guess it doesn't apply when the script flips.

I think I saw this same thing written by an Arsenal supporter on here yesterday :laugh::laugh:.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto

Offside is no excuse. Gotta keep the ball out of the net.

Van Dijk pls

I like how these posts came right next to each other.

In regards to the tying goal (I missed the first half, so didn't see the other offside), when it's that cluttered and that close to the goal-line, I think you can cut the linesman some slack. Was it offside? Yeah, yeah I think it was. Was it a "blatant offside goal" that stole points from you? Nope! Keep the ball out of the net and put it in the other team's, y'all had so many opportunities to kill the game and couldn't do it.

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
Liverpool game confirms that they need to sign VVD immediately and keep Coutinho at all cost. There was no creativity coming from the midfield whatsoever.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Liverpool game confirms that they need to sign VVD immediately and keep Coutinho at all cost. There was no creativity coming from the midfield whatsoever.

When Lallana plays they do. But he is out til October. I do agree with your assessment though.

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
I think I saw this same thing written by an Arsenal supporter on here yesterday :laugh::laugh:.

I'm not implying that other fans haven't said it before. But I've for sure seen it come from liverpool fans consistently over the past 2 seasons, and specifically Curt.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I like how these posts came right next to each other.

In regards to the tying goal (I missed the first half, so didn't see the other offside), when it's that cluttered and that close to the goal-line, I think you can cut the linesman some slack. Was it offside? Yeah, yeah I think it was. Was it a "blatant offside goal" that stole points from you? Nope! Keep the ball out of the net and put it in the other team's, y'all had so many opportunities to kill the game and couldn't do it.

Screw the linemen. They have one job and they are bad at it. That's why VAR is coming. Yes LFC need to defend set pieces better, but that doesn't change the fact that LFC got hosed.

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
Sure VVD would be an upgrade and probably help out a little but it wouldn't fix our defence or LFCs trouble creating chances agains low defending teams. That's the system and approach to it all by Klopp and his team who need to change.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
The pass was backwards and off Mignolet's hands..Would like a reffing official explain the interpretation of the rule on that.

Afaik, if a pass is backwards or not doesn't matter. Granted it's much less likely that a backwards pass is to a player in an offside position, but it's not impossible.

Also, I'd have called it offside even if he didn't touch the ball becuase simply by standing in the position he was he was interfering with Mignolet.

Either way it's a really hard call for the official to make when it's a giant cluster in the 6 yard box.

Pyromaniac

May 29, 2012
Low expectations this year. We have had a poor transfer season. I will never understand why we handed Mou a favorite of his in Matic on a silver platter. Even Wenger has shown more backbone by refusing to sell Sanchez.

Just so underwhelming as the goal this summer should have been to take a step forward instead we have made some lateral moves which will likely result in a regression as these players will take time to adjust.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Questionable red. Yes his studs were up, but he didn't even connect with them when you watch the replay.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00