5 franchises still don’t have a 100 point scorer in their history

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
The only name I didn't recognize on that list was Mike Rogers, had to search him up. 3 straight 100 point seasons, and almost 3 straight 40 goal seasons on some mediocre teams. That's still a pretty good player even in the early 1980s

You'd also think NJD would have a 100 point scorer by now, but thats gonna happen soon with J. Hughes. Elias might have had his peak not been in the DPE.

And kudos to Josi for being the only defenseman on the list, he'll probably have that one for some years.

ACLEVERNAME

schadenfreude
Jan 6, 2010
Wayne Gretzky is further from today's game than Jarad McAnd was from todays. Take a step back and pay attention to your posting

UpHere

Feelin' it
Jun 16, 2009
The only name I didn't recognize on that list was Mike Rogers, had to search him up. 3 straight 100 point seasons, and almost 3 straight 40 goal seasons on some mediocre teams. That's still a pretty good player even in the early 1980s

You'd also think NJD would have a 100 point scorer by now, but thats gonna happen soon with J. Hughes. Elias might have had his peak not been in the DPE.

And kudos to Josi for being the only defenseman on the list, he'll probably have that one for some years.
i know all the names on here except his as well

LemonSauceD

Instigator
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver
If Jack Hughes can stay healthy for a full season New Jersey probably has a 100+ point scorer pretty damn soon, like next season.

I suppose Eichel is capable of scoring 100 points based on talent alone but he’s never really been a big point producer.

The rest aren’t anywhere near close.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Ony team that surprises me here is the Devils.

If it wasn't muller in the 80s, then i thought somebody like Elias would have done it at some point. Yes, those Devils teams from the 90s and 2000s were as fun as watching paint dry, but that doesn't mean some of those teams had trouble scoring goals either.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Ahh, gotta appreciate Phoenix Coyotes legend Teemu Selanne and Winnipeg Jets legend Marian Hossa...

And for the Avs its Peter Stastny and for the Stars Bobby Smith. Neither played for the team in their current form either. ( both franchises do have more recent 100 point scorers though )

Pretty sure Mike Rogers was also still back in Hartford

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
And for the Avs its Peter Stastny and for the Stars Bobby Smith. Neither played for the team in their current form either. ( both franchises do have more recent 100 point scorers though )

Pretty sure Mike Rogers was also still back in Hartford

I found all of those strange, as well as Gretzky (LAK) next to a logo he never wore. Selanne did wear the webbed foot briefly, but that one was also kind of weird because I associate him strongly with the original Mighty Ducks logo.

Reactions: Chan790

RANDOMH3RO

Jan 19, 2007
Devils with no 50 goal scorer either. It’s almost like a point of pride at this point to have so much success in their history and to do it with a mostly unremarkable group of forwards. Hoping somebody hits both the 100 and 50 milestone out of the group they have now though, obviously Hughes is capable.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Kinda crazy that only 5 teams have a 150 point scorer. Youd think the original 6 teams would all have that.

DitchMarner

It's time.
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON

I associate Mike Rogers with Blaine Stoughton (who also played for the CAR/HRT franchise).

Both were former WHA players who had the talent to rack up a lot of points in the NHL. But both lacked staying power because neither was a good all-around player.

Reactions: Felidae and DaveG

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad