EOJHL Regular Season Underway

KL14

Oct 25, 2011
Collins

I agree that he is the best player..I have said that three times now...last year in the semi finals I think he only had three points once Arnprior played Gatineau, a metro team. This year most of his games thus far have been against much better Metro teams as opposed to Valley teams again supporting the idea that he is best players. Considering Renfrew walk through the Valley with a 9 and 1 record and then went out 4 straight against OJC with mostly lopsided scores gives you some indication of the difference in the two divisions.

In terms of new people to the forum asking who is the best player, the exercise IMO is useless....my point was and continues to be that there are several great players supported by many other really good players. You just proved my point. No one was saying Collins was the best player last year during the playoffs....it was some kid from Gatineau they were all taking about. According to your research Collins had the same number of points last year as he does this year...so if your team is winning you are the best....if not, you are not being considered....does not make sense so why have the discussion.

PK19

Oct 15, 2012
Which confrence will post EOJHL championship schedule?

With both conference champion decided which site will post the schedule, this will be interesting for EOJHL who will have more say!

OJC in 5

HawksFanForever

Feb 20, 2013
Nova Scotia
I find it odd that you talk about the west players and not a mention of the eastern players.It take more than one player to win in the playoffs and the ones that really get you to the finals are you special players on the PP and the PK.You also need the grinders as well and great goal tending.I would like to see Athens with it all as they work so hard as a team with know super stars.They have a great organization there also.

ottawafan66

May 14, 2010
I find it odd that you talk about the west players and not a mention of the eastern players.It take more than one player to win in the playoffs and the ones that really get you to the finals are you special players on the PP and the PK.You also need the grinders as well and great goal tending.I would like to see Athens with it all as they work so hard as a team with know super stars.They have a great organization there also.

Which post is this directed at? The only player mentioned was Collins. You're more than welcome to pump your eastern players if you want.

hurricane11

Oct 12, 2012

Lacroix and Hiley aren't Superstars in JR B?
Not too many better than Danny in this league.

KL14

Oct 25, 2011
Top Players

I agree we have only spoke about Collins and he is the best I have seen but I have not seen one player from the other conference.....so my point...."who are the best players ?" is a useless conversation as many if not most of us only see our own conference until the very last series.

keon1967

Feb 16, 2013
Lacroix and Hiley aren't Superstars in JR B?
Not too many better than Danny in this league.

going be a gr8 series,4 sure.they will be checking each other out a bit at first,then it will get going.both teams have some gr8 players.c ya at the rink.

KL14

Oct 25, 2011
OJC for Sale

That would be a surprise...perhaps they have some real value...and I thought they had a few owners including their current coach....but I think all teams are for sale at any given time if the price is right.

KL14

Oct 25, 2011
OJC for sale

Latest rumour, not necessary reliable, just speculation, is that OJC ownership group is interested in Kanata and owners cannot have a Junior A and Junior B team at the same time. Management of the two organizations appear to be very tight

clear the track

Jun 1, 2008
Ojc

Latest rumour, not necessary reliable, just speculation, is that OJC ownership group is interested in Kanata and owners cannot have a Junior A and Junior B team at the same time. Management of the two organizations appear to be very tight

Not going to happen. The coaches (co owner)wife would KILL HIM!! Interesting rumor though.

TheLastShift

Canada
Nov 14, 2007
Arnprior Packers name Brent Gould as new General Manager. New coaching staff to be announced in next couple of weeks. He brings experience in AA, AAA and stints with both the Renfrew Timberwolves and Shawville Pontiacs.

Oldschool

Oct 29, 2012
Arnprior Packers name Brent Gould as new General Manager. New coaching staff to be announced in next couple of weeks. He brings experience in AA, AAA and stints with both the Renfrew Timberwolves and Shawville Pontiacs.

Only in JrB can you get fired as assistant coach one year and then hired to replace the valley GM of the year the next season.

keon1967

Feb 16, 2013
going be a gr8 series,4 sure.they will be checking each other out a bit at first,then it will get going.both teams have some gr8 players.c ya at the rink.

nice coverage of the aeros on ckws tv sports,can see it on internet.a little history and talk of the series with canadians.

hawxfan

Sep 20, 2012
athens sucked tonight,every phase.were flat.ottawa good,not sure they are better than cass,we will see.athens will play better on sat.beat themselves.

OJC hasnt played in 13 days....they were flat as well and in the bigger barn at Kilrea should be able to skate a bit more, we'll see tomorrow nite.

keon1967

Feb 16, 2013
I think OJC is just too much for the Athens team with all their speed and size.

fast and sharp/dangerous 4 sure.not bigger than athens,overall.goaltending may be a wash.have not seen ojc hardly at all.athens tends to start slow,so it will be interesting to see.i think this will end up being a gr8 series.

hawxfan

Sep 20, 2012
fast and sharp/dangerous 4 sure.not bigger than athens,overall.goaltending may be a wash.have not seen ojc hardly at all.athens tends to start slow,so it will be interesting to see.i think this will end up being a gr8 series.

Wow...goaltending may not be a wash....you're guy just let in a few uglee ones and now youre down two nothing....you have to make those saves when the game is close and at this point you have to stop them all otherwise OJS will outscore and out hit you and outscore you.........

keon1967

Feb 16, 2013
Wow...goaltending may not be a wash....you're guy just let in a few uglee ones and now youre down two nothing....you have to make those saves when the game is close and at this point you have to stop them all otherwise OJS will outscore and out hit you and outscore you.........

your right on the first 2 4 sure.and ottawa has capitalize on every mistake.3-1 lead and let it slip away.i think they can play with them.got to do it it tonight,or turn out the lights the party's over.i think the re!ilient aeros pull it out tonight.i hope so

hurricane11

Oct 12, 2012
Miksik is a big reason the Aeros are still playing. Yes he has let in some weak goals but has made several outstanding saves. He's been bombarded with over 40 plus shots every game of the playoffs. Last night with the Aeros down 2-1 he made save after save allowing his team to tie it up late and force OT.

Hawksfan i would worry about your teams goaltending situation plenty there to keep you busy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad