EOJHL Regular Season Underway

KL14

Oct 25, 2011
FullCredit to OJC

Much better team than Renfrew with plenty of depth. Renfrew needed to stay out of the box to have any chance and they couldn't do that. Good Luck to OJC in the next round. It is going to take a great team to beat them.

keon1967

Feb 16, 2013
Yes, very interesting...... but far from over, this series will prove to be an epic battle. Hope OJC isn't making room in the trophy case just yet.

both teams are good.both well coached.both have great organizations.both have great fan support.battle of epic proportions,similar to last year.very exciting games so far.both can compete/or win against ojc.the final should be great either way.strong jr.b league overall.eojhl is a super league.

keon1967

Feb 16, 2013
game time 7:30 at centre 76.cassleman and athens.old barn should be rockin.don't want to miss a minute of it.

keon1967

Feb 16, 2013
athens won 5-4.long way to go.last 3 games close.athens always in the hunt.one of these days they might get rewarded.great organization from the top down to the parking attendants.

my apologies to matrix,the web site does say 2-1 athens.i thought you were making a prediction.the actual final score was 5-4.someone made a mistake there.

Jackbenimble

Mar 22, 2013
On The Brink

:dunno::dunno:Pretty decent crowd in Athens...lots of scouts seen as well as Mr. Hill from OJC. Best fight of the night (only fight) was in the crowd behind the home net as two young lads started throwing haymakers. Casselman is definately on the ropes but they won't rollover. Athens is getting great goaltending from Erik Miksik but can they win that elusive game 4?? After going to the conference final 5 times in the last 6 years will they be able to capture the RSL title and are they legitimate contenders for the EOJHL Championship or are they pretenders?

HawksFanForever

Feb 20, 2013
Nova Scotia
Looks like Casselman is deep in a hole now and will have to take the old one line of take it one game at a time.Looks like Athens is getting scoring from different players and lines.Looks like allot of goals being scored in this series as well.Whichever one of these teams face OJC it will be a good series.I know Athens has been here before and this series is not over yet and they will have to work very hard.If Casselmen was to win this next game then they can turn the series around and get the momentum back.

hurricane11

Oct 12, 2012
:dunno::dunno:Pretty decent crowd in Athens...lots of scouts seen as well as Mr. Hill from OJC. Best fight of the night (only fight) was in the crowd behind the home net as two young lads started throwing haymakers. Casselman is definately on the ropes but they won't rollover. Athens is getting great goaltending from Erik Miksik but can they win that elusive game 4?? After going to the conference final 5 times in the last 6 years will they be able to capture the RSL title and are they legitimate contenders for the EOJHL Championship or are they pretenders?

I have been to the majority of their games this season and i would say they have a chance to win the EOJHL crown. Deep up front pretty much have two first lines. D got exposed in the first round but have been much better since. Goaltending has been outstanding and they say you cant win in the playoffs without good goaltending. Cant count out Casselman yet but have to like their chances.

HawksFanForever

Feb 20, 2013
Nova Scotia
Looks like Casselman is fighting back and lookout if they win the next one in Athens and bring it back home.As someone else said do not count these guys out just yet.

hurricane11

Oct 12, 2012
Valley/Metro Top Forward

Taylor Collins is making an argument for EOJHL Playoff MVP with 15 goals & 13 assists for 28 points in 14 games for the Ottawa Canadians.

Valley/Metro Defenseman

Collins teammate Zack Rheaume had a solid Valley/Metro Final racking up 6 points in the 4 game sweep giving him 8 points in 14 games to go along with solid defensive play.

Rideau/St.Lawrence Top Forward

Widenmaier in Casselman is easily the top player in the Conference with 18 goals and 28 points through 16 games. The Vikings will need two big games out of him and his line if they wish to come back and defeat Athens.

Rideau/St.Lawrence Defenseman

Mark Craig in Athens has upped his game for the playoffs. After having yet another solid yet unspectacular regular season where he compiled 25 points in 46 games, he is tearing the postseason up with 5 goals and 19 points in just 17 games.

I agree with most but Mark Craig is only good on the PP terrible in his own end. Mckenny has been outstanding for the Aeros upfront

Jackbenimble

Mar 22, 2013
Mark Craig

Seems you haven't really watched too many Aeros games. Although far from an Aros fan, I have seen almost all of their playoff games and Mark Craig is the real deal. He can put the puck in the net, is a first pass breakout dman, is not afraid of anyone.... There is not a team in this league that wouldn't want Craig on their back end.

hurricane11

Oct 12, 2012
Actually I have been to 30 plus Aeros games this season and majority of the playoff games. I like the kid he is great on the pp but no way you can tell me he is good in his end. He was really bad in the first round, was better in the second round but again in this round has been on for majority of goals against.

KL14

Oct 25, 2011
New Users

I am always leering of new users joining the discussions and the first question they ask is "who are the best players"...makes me think the new user is a father, mother or the player wanted to hear about their kid or themselves....there has been several great players in all divisions during the playoffs...this discussion board has been good talking about teams and the series and yes mentioning players from time to time but avoiding the useless debate about who is the best..Taylor Collins would be the first to tell you that he is great because he has great team mates. Taylor could be shut down by any team if you didn't have to worry about 4 or 5 other OJCs players who can do the same damage. I am sure it is same for all of the other "best" players and usually have the same good sense to understand that it is TEAM game...honestly only a goalie can win a game on their own, and even at that they need someone to score at least one goal.

ottawafan66

May 14, 2010
I am always leering of new users joining the discussions and the first question they ask is "who are the best players"...makes me think the new user is a father, mother or the player wanted to hear about their kid or themselves....there has been several great players in all divisions during the playoffs...this discussion board has been good talking about teams and the series and yes mentioning players from time to time but avoiding the useless debate about who is the best..Taylor Collins would be the first to tell you that he is great because he has great team mates. Taylor could be shut down by any team if you didn't have to worry about 4 or 5 other OJCs players who can do the same damage. I am sure it is same for all of the other "best" players and usually have the same good sense to understand that it is TEAM game...honestly only a goalie can win a game on their own, and even at that they need someone to score at least one goal.

That being said, it's hard to argue against Collins being the best player in the playoffs (28 pts in 14 games). So far.

KL14

Oct 25, 2011
Best player - Collins

I agree 100%...but would he still be if he still played for Arnprior ? Last year Arnprior went to the semi finals and Collins did not have near the points he has this year. So is HE a better player this year Or he is supported by a better a team ?. I watched him both years...and I think he is on a much better team this year.

keon1967

Feb 16, 2013
Actually I have been to 30 plus Aeros games this season and majority of the playoff games. I like the kid he is great on the pp but no way you can tell me he is good in his end. He was really bad in the first round, was better in the second round but again in this round has been on for majority of goals against.

say what you want,gr8 series.all the boys came through,big win athens.i really wish this site was not for critiquing or bashing people or players.it is a hockey forumn and to talk hockey and pass info on about games and all goings on,congrats cassleman on another solid year.congrats athens for a big win.HUGE!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad