EOJHL Regular Season Underway

upinarms

Jul 16, 2010
I was always under the impression that Perth was a Community run team. If that is the case who sells the team and where does the money go? Blue Wings are such an established team, you would think there would be enough old alumni in town to take it over and run it. They seem to get good crowds and I am sure they would make money if enough of the right people got involved.

ottawafan66

May 14, 2010
Heard the Carleton Place Canadians bought Perth. Anybody else hear the same?

I doubt it. I'm pretty sure an owner can't own teams in more than one league. Didn't Clarke have to sell his share of the Junior B Kings when he got the Canadians?

keon1967

Feb 16, 2013
I doubt it. I'm pretty sure an owner can't own teams in more than one league. Didn't Clarke have to sell his share of the Junior B Kings when he got the Canadians?

might be local insurance guy.i think he tried before,not positive tho.used to own bears at one time.

KL14

Oct 25, 2011
Kanata Moving ?

I think Perth would need a new arena to host JR A and is probably to close to Smiths Falls.

Arnprior could work but even the Arnprior arena would need some upgrades. First it needs to be cleaned-up. It is the worst ran facility in the Ottawa Valley and surrounding area bar none. Plus it already has a JR B which would either need to fold or be moved (Cobden ?). IMO, Renfrew would be a better location for a Jr A team...same issues about Jr B teams for Perth and Arnprior, but the facility is great and Renfrew has the best fan base in the Ottawa Valley for Jr B. Would only see it growing for Jr A. Biggest issue for Renfrew would be that there is only one ice surface in Renfrew and as a Jr A team practices 3 times more often than Jr B, it could prove to be to big of an issue.

Ottawa Guy

May 4, 2009
I think Perth would need a new arena to host JR A and is probably to close to Smiths Falls.

Arnprior could work but even the Arnprior arena would need some upgrades. First it needs to be cleaned-up. It is the worst ran facility in the Ottawa Valley and surrounding area bar none. Plus it already has a JR B which would either need to fold or be moved (Cobden ?). IMO, Renfrew would be a better location for a Jr A team...same issues about Jr B teams for Perth and Arnprior, but the facility is great and Renfrew has the best fan base in the Ottawa Valley for Jr B. Would only see it growing for Jr A. Biggest issue for Renfrew would be that there is only one ice surface in Renfrew and as a Jr A team practices 3 times more often than Jr B, it could prove to be to big of an issue.

Most Junior A teams practice at 4:00 or 4:30pm, probably not a huge demand for that ice in Renfrew. Best rink not being used for Jr A right now is CIH in Rockland.

KL14

Oct 25, 2011
CIH Rink

Could be the best rink, and it is, but what happen the first time Rockland had a team ? Did they lose it because of fan support or some other reason ? I think one of the CCHL teams played a few games out of CIH arena last year (2011-12). I wonder how they did in terms of fans....

KL14

Oct 25, 2011
It's an end of a era in Jr. A Hockey in this part of Ontario.
Nepean players were told today to expect to pay to play next year, around $6000.00 if your a rookie and $4000.00 if you are a veteran.
The Jr. B league just got a lot better.
My son falls in the 19-20 yr. old group. He loved playing, it was a good deal for us, but not anymore. With a Div. 1 unlikely, the economics just don't add up. By the way, most players aren't getting anything near a full ride. One of the Div. 1 commits from Nepean is only getting a 2 for 4 deal. That is the school will cover about 50% of the 4 year cost.
My son, will try out for Carleton, play Jr. B or retire.
Rich kids and Americans will fill the rosters. How do you ask money from local sponsors for a team filled with the fore-mentioned.
If the clubs with money can pay the fee for the player, the league will quickly become two tiered, the haves and the have not's.
Hey it's their league they can do what they want with it, but the character of the league has changed, I will take my money & interest elsewhere.
[/I][/B]

The above is a quote from the CCHL HF.

I think we will see a corresponding increase in JrB fees for next year. If Jr A starts to price itself out of the market, then JrB will be able to increase their fees, clearly not as much as Jr A but I can see the average fee increasing in JrB by $ 1,000.

I also agree that the quality of JrB is going to increase. I also think this is going to save Midget Hockey.

Big Bear

Oct 28, 2012
The best thing I love about HKY is the rumors. If anybody knew the rules about Jr A and B you would know that you can't own both regardless of the geographics which eliminates the rumor of CP buying Perth. The other rumor of JrA team moving to Prior are just that a RUMOR as anybody in the HKY world knows that the ONLY 2 targets for JrA are Renfrew and Rockland and these are already pre-approved locations.
I went to a few Frew games and the factors in that Arena is they could house a JrA team and ice would not be an issue.
I think here is a bigger question? nybody hear who is buying the PLK from Keefe?

hurricane11

Oct 12, 2012
Athens is also in the market for a new coach and GM. Congrats on a very successful run for both the coaches, and the GM of the Aeros.

I heard that Bobby wasn't coming back but didn't know that Roger would not be also. I thought he did a great job. Who would be the leading candidate to take over?

Lazarrr

Apr 10, 2010
Ottawa
So I guess trading has begun.

"The Almonte Thunder trade the playing rights of Geordie Moss and Tyson Stewart as well as a 16 year old card for the 2013/14 season to The Ottawa West Golden Knights who trade the playing rights to Ross Fleming to the Almonte Thunder to complete the deal of Dec. 21st ; if Tyson Stuart plays for the Ottawa West Golden Knights, Ottawa West returns the 16 year old card to Almonte provided Ottawa West does not use it. If they use the 16 year old card they will give Almonte a protected player off of its 2014/15 protected list."

AND

"The Stittsville Royals trade a 16 year old card for the 2013-2014 season, the second pick off the Stittsville Royals Protect list for the 2013-2014 season and future considerations to the Almonte Thunder for the playing rights of Ross Fleming, Kyle Killeen and Chris Ewbank."

upinarms

Jul 16, 2010
Not sure what is going on between JR B leagues. I know there was some discussion earlier about Metro Valley going it alone. Probably will never happen. All I know is it would be a benefit to both leagues and the general public if they could get their websites generic. At the moment can't even access Rideau / St Lawrence. Come on guys. Please get a little professionalism in the league. Get one that is user friendly like the CCHL. And once you figure it out please keep it up to date. Just a suggestion.

keon1967

Feb 16, 2013
I heard that Bobby wasn't coming back but didn't know that Roger would not be also. I thought he did a great job. Who would be the leading candidate to take over?

bob will be back in scouting, director ,adviser whatever needed.look 4 cauley to return in dual role.head coach and gm.lets hope so.i think so.stay tuned.best coach in the league not going anywhere i think.aero executive no dummies.

HawksFanForever

Feb 20, 2013
Nova Scotia
Draft

Look's like the EOJHL did very well in the OHL this past week.I seen at least 7 to 10 players from this league get drafted and really put's this league out there as a great feeder program and league.

KL14

Oct 25, 2011
Look's like the EOJHL did very well in the OHL this past week.I seen at least 7 to 10 players from this league get drafted and really put's this league out there as a great feeder program and league.

Don't you mean the CCHL draft ?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->